Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Legoland California. Exclusive sets...

MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 802
Since I'm going to Legoland in a few weeks, I wanted to be in the know before I go. Is there a certain store that sells the best selection of sets? Are there places where there are exclusives to the park? I'm looking also for the helpful hints when shopping there. Can anyone give me some pointers?

Comments

• AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    We've never found exclusive "Legoland" sets there, but we don't go regularly. The big shop just inside the gates carries the widest selection. Your VIP card will not get you a discount. What you may find are some sets that are no longer in the Lego Stores, especially poly bags, as well as some items never carried by the Lego stores. You might check to see if there is any Legoland Hotel merchandise. Most of all, have fun!
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 802
    Anything new I should look for!? I will be there this week. Just got a season pass. 
  • coachiecoachie South WalesMember Posts: 476
  • dehnehsudehnehsu Bay Area, Calif.Member Posts: 103
    the only exclusives may be I (love) Legoland Minifig keychains and magnets. As mentioned earlier, The Big Shop is the best and there are a few smaller shops spread around the park. Check out "Shopping" on the Legoland website. You might want to take at look at the Legoland Hotel too.
    @coachie I do not like those apple fries. But the rest of my family does. Those are a for sure thing for them. @dehnehsu that's a good tip about the website. I want a new Legoland hat. By I will look for a Legoland keychain, too.  I got a mr gold here years ago.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO USMember Posts: 8,198
    edited August 13
    Likely #40166 tour train, but those also popped up at most LEGOLAND Discovery Centers around the US. You could find #5004929 Batman Battle pods (have already been found at TRUs) and #40268 M3-R2 there as well (but those will be found at TRUs shortly)
    77ncaachamps
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 867
    Been a few years since we've gone, but I was always disappointed by what I saw for sale at Lego Land....nothing unique and nothing you couldn't buy cheaper elsewhere.   However, the park itself, I always enjoyed
  • mmac2002mmac2002 DFWMember Posts: 9
    We recently went to Legoland Billund expecting to drop a bunch of money on Billund souvenirs. Upon looking around the shops, we were sorely disappointed at the lack of "Billund" specific items.  I don't understand how hard it would be to make a Billund keychain or magnet or... We were thinking maybe because the Legoland parks are Merlin run???
  • nuttamastabuildanuttamastabuilda USAMember Posts: 45
    Merlin has in the past marked up the big dollar sets (generally those >= $150) by 10% at LEGOland California.  Presumably to prevent annual pass holders from getting a decent discount on those sets.

LEGOland California had the Ninjago Green Dragon polypack for sale this past weekend. However, they pulled all the packs after someone realized they put the polypack out too early.  According to the sales clerks, they won't go on sale there until the beginning of next month. 

At the Big Shop, they had the #21310 Old Fishing Store.  Otherwise, there was a noticeable dearth of polypacks.

Lastly, if anyone is planning on going to LEGOLand California next year, a new castle-themed hotel is scheduled to be opened sometime in 2018.

Only new thing I have seen is the buttons. Especially the Mr Gold button. Have to find him on the shirt of a worker. Only ten out there per day. When you turn it in you exchange it for a free pass into the park. I found one!
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 1,428
    @Lego_Star we found another one today. But, with a lot of disappointment, the worker that had it wouldn't give it up because she was "saving it" for a kid from the VIP tour she was giving to find on her. I told her that it wasn't right that she was saving it because we found it first. She just shrugged and said she wasn't going to give it up because it was "saves" for them. I think this isn't right, and my two young boys were really upset and couldn't understand why the worker wouldn't follow the rules. We will ask at the guest services for sure. 
    madforLEGO
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO USMember Posts: 8,198
    MorkMan said:
    @Lego_Star we found another one today. But, with a lot of disappointment, the worker that had it wouldn't give it up because she was "saving it" for a kid from the VIP tour she was giving to find on her. I told her that it wasn't right that she was saving it because we found it first. She just shrugged and said she wasn't going to give it up because it was "saves" for them. I think this isn't right, and my two young boys were really upset and couldn't understand why the worker wouldn't follow the rules. We will ask at the guest services for sure. 
    It sucks for that kid, but if she really wanted the kid to 'find' it, then the kid should have 'found' it before the tour started then IMO. 
    MorkMan