You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Ninjago Feature Film Announced

BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia, BulgariaMember Posts: 3,245
Just saw on Comingsoon.net that WB is developing a Ninjago film for theaters.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=105909

Guess this theme will come back with a vengeance.

Comments

• bellybutton290bellybutton290 Member Posts: 453
    Also just seen this on the same site. Lets hope Warner and TLG don't over saturate the market with lego movies released too close together!
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 447
    I agree with the concern of LEGO over-saturation. But, my boys are going to go crazy when they find out about the new Ninjago episodes and movie - and the accompanying sets!
  • 09090900909090 Member Posts: 47
    Great! It seems like a great idea to do a Ninjago movie, Ninjago was (probably still is) one of the best selling themes in recent years. In my opinion it has a lot more potential than Chima which seem to replace Ninjago with its own TV series and such. I hope we will see new Ninjago sets as well, probably movie related.
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 1,944

I agree with the concern of LEGO over-saturation. But, my boys are going to go crazy when they find out about the new Ninjago episodes and movie - and the accompanying sets!

I don't think there's a huge risk of oversaturation. The fact that they're starting a script for a Ninjago movie doesn't mean it's just over the horizon. "The LEGO Movie" was in development for several years!

I'm very excited as a Ninjago fan, and hope the movie is every bit as engaging as the show. I wonder if it'll opt for the same pseudo-stop-motion animation style as The LEGO Movie, a style more similar to the CGI of the Ninjago TV series, or something else entirely. I'm not preferential to any, really. A more stylized look like the TV series might help it lose that "toy commercial stigma" that often comes with movies adapted from specific product lines. But I know that there are several styles that suit Ninjago — for example, the trading card illustrations tend to be just as epic as the TV show.

Can't wait to hear more about this!
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,154
    Aanchir said:

The fact that they're starting a script for a Ninjago movie doesn't mean it's just over the horizon. "The LEGO Movie" was in development for several years!

The LEGO Movie may have been a pet side project that was slowly developed. Now that they've seen the possible reaction to it and the desire of fans to have more they could probably pump out a Ninjago movie in less time, especially since they might already have story ideas for it seeing that there have been Ninjago stories going for a while now and they've been doing the theme development for the next wave of sets.
  • dragonhawkdragonhawk USMember Posts: 631
    edited June 2013
    I am waiting until the trailer is out before telling my son about the Ninjago movie.
    Otherwise, I will get the "When can we see the Ninjago movie dad ?" question every. single. day.
    Aanchir