Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Best places to buy LEGO in Canada?

Wanted to know which are the best places to acquire Lego in Canada? Any stores in particular? I know Lego is expensive in Canada but it would be great help to know if there are some stores which are offering at a lower price.

Comments

• tedwardtedward CanadaMember Posts: 163
    Any store in the USA.

OK, but seriously, I find Wally World the most reliable and best prices. Zellers used to do OK sales and Target may take up the mantle but they still have supply chain issues and many of their stores are still undergoing renovation.
  • CupIsHalfEmptyCupIsHalfEmpty CanadaMember Posts: 537
    Here's my go to's

Costco.ca if you have a membership, they usually have about 8 sets during the holidays at a good discount. I always wait and pick up my Advent Calender there in about August.

Chapters/Indigo They routinely have 20% off coupons/promos. These promos apply to all sets so you can get the EV3 on discount if you are patient.

Amazon.ca Now sells Lego directly. I haven't seen any crazy sales yet though.

Amazon.co.uk Ships to Canada, watch the Amazon price watcher here on Brickset.

Lego.ca If you live in a province without a brand store, you can save PST. (I know this applies to MB)

Walmart.ca They have an online clearance/rollback that sometimes has good deals, plus you can see their in store prices, but this can be inconsistent.

Barnesandnoble.com They are USA based, but ships to Canada at a very reasonable cost. There hasn't been as many deals lately, but they do come along.

Target - you get 5% off everyday with their Red Card

ToysRus - I only go there for specific sales

Other than those, I do a lot of shopping in the US and get it shipped to the border. This works when the dollar is stronger, but right now the conversion takes a hit of about 10%, cutting into quite a bit of the savings.
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    Thanks a lot for the info @tedward and @CupIsHalfEmpty. My brother lives in Canada and is coming down for a visit so trying to get some Lego sets. I did check Amazon.ca but nothing interesting in discounts and I don't want him to go and check every toy store for a certain set at best discount :P so I think I should list him the sets and see what he can find easily enough. But he did suggest me to use Amazon.com as shipping isn't that much and compared to what I pay for shipping to get items from the US, it will be a good save up! Thank you and do keep me posted if you do hear about any sales/deals :)
  • mysecondluckmysecondluck EarthMember Posts: 1
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 339
    ^ You get the thread resurrection prize for today :)