Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Star Wars sets that will be most welcomed by Lego

LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 203
Hello everyone, I am writing this topic to share with all of you what Lego Star Wars sets should be remade or made (considering the fact that I have read a lot of comments from users about how tired they are that Lego does not get out of their comfort zone of sets):
1. Republic Fighter Tank (the first and so far only one has been a VERY limeted edition that has need again appeared on the store since 2009 I think);
2. Tie-Bomber (the last one and so far only one came in 2003, so this set is long overdue);
3. UT-AT (Unstable Terrain Artellary Transport; one of those "if you blink you missed it" and so far only appearing on Ep 3 infamous Order 66 sequence on Myygeto where we witnessed SPOILER!!!!! Ki-Adi Mundi and his famous Galactic Marines (snow troppers in red clothes) and Commander Bacara)

What sets would you love to see, and maybe buy, from the Star Wars Universe?

Comments

• RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,614
    edited June 2014
    In reply to your requests:

1. It didn't sell that well so is unlikely to remade.
    2. I would completely agree with.
    3. The small part it plays is far too small to justify a set. And one that would have a large price point as well.

The set I think they should remake is Bespin. The first one goes for a lot of money on eBay but I can never understand why. It has poor play features, looks nothing like Cloud City at all and was seemingly a set jusy And it was made way back in 2004 so is due a revamp.
    bobabricksrollabarflord
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 203
    Thanks for your feedback, the reason I ask for the Rep. Fighter Tank is because it can be found at over $200 at Amazon.
    I have Bespin and I agree that it is a poor recreation of Cloud City.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    I want to see limeted artellary snow troppers
    plasmodiumPitfall69
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,271
    Remakes and reissues are all good and well and there are a few that would be welcome, but there are still a few things to add to the list.

A proper Tusken Raider set with a Bantha 'figure'
    A system system scale Royal Starship from EP1 would look great
    A large(ish) Degaba 'play set' would be nice (x-wing, Darkside cave, hut, etc.)
    An enlarged empiral feet would be great (various tie's)
    Expanded Universe is unlikely but Dash Rendar's Outrider with figuers would rock, as would Cade Skywalker and crew from Legacy
    A Yavin IV hanger set would be fun, war room with looming Death Star image, maybe a few star ships.

Just a Star Wars wish list really :)
    bobabricksRedbullgivesuwind
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,834
    Cloud city! I'm sick of hearing about new ep. 5 sets coming out, getting exciting and then finding out once again, we get a snow speeder and an at at and a hoth base just like we do EVERY single time.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 4,385

A proper Tusken Raider set with a Bantha 'figure'
    A large(ish) Degaba 'play set' would be nice (x-wing, Darkside cave, hut, etc.)
    An enlarged empiral fleet would be great (various tie's)

I'd happily go for these too! With regard to more tie fighters I'd particularly like a proper TIE interceptor - I think the last proper one was 2006, since then we've had a mini one with the planets range and a micro fighters one.
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,614
    Lordmoral said:

Thanks for your feedback, the reason I ask for the Rep. Fighter Tank is because it can be found at over $200 at Amazon.
    I have Bespin and I agree that it is a poor recreation of Cloud City.

Amazon prices are always way way off. They appear to be people chancing their arm. On eBay it goes for between £15 and £70 quid depending on the seller.
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,982
    I'd like to see all the TIE's (Advance, Bomber, Interceptor) redone to match the style and scale of #9492.
    binaryeyerollabarprevere
  • KingDaveKingDave UKMember Posts: 944
    I tried to post a comment on here about an hour ago (quite a long one) and it said it would be reviewed by an mod before it was posted. How long does this take, or has something gone wrong?
  • ShatteredGnomeShatteredGnome Docking Bay 94, Mos Eisley, TatooineMember Posts: 31
    I'd agree with just about all the suggestions so far.

I think both a UT-AT and TX-130S fighter tank are both excellent prequel vehicles that could do with a set not set in the Clone Wars line.

For OT sets, the rest of the movie TIEs, a new Cloud City (or multiple Bespin sets), etc. would also be welcome.
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 750
    I am seconding a Tie Bomber and Interceptor, a new Cloud City(I don't care if it's 2000+ pieces, do it right this time), a proper Dagobah/Yoda's Hut(with Dark Side tunnel!). I would also love to see a Medical Frigate, Rebel Transport, and Home One(Proper ship version, not that stupid playset version).
    bobabricks
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,927
    KingDave said:

I tried to post a comment on here about an hour ago (quite a long one) and it said it would be reviewed by an mod before it was posted. How long does this take, or has something gone wrong?

That's unusual. I've never heard of that before. Try just posting it again.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,530
    edited June 2014
    @KingDave I've never encountered a 'post-to-be-reviewed' message, even after maxing out the character limit on a post.
    And if anyone was going to experience a 'post-to-be-reviewed' message based on the message including dodgy content, it would be @legomatt‌. ;-)
    legomatt
  • rollabarrollabar Member Posts: 15
    I'm glad I found this discussion as there are many sets that really should be redone that aren't. I agree definitely with redoing the rest of the TIEs to match that of the most recent TIE Fighter. They should at least make a minifigure scale TIE Interceptor as they've made two mini versions of it within the past couple of years. Another version of Obi-Wan's jedi starfighter would be nice too as there has only ever been one and it was made back when the Star Wars minifigures still had yellow heads! The TIE Advanced I do not care as much for as the previous one is not too bad and from not too long ago. We do still have a year left of new sets until the next star wars movie comes out, so hopefully some of the sets we want remaid will come out during that time :)
  • ShatteredGnomeShatteredGnome Docking Bay 94, Mos Eisley, TatooineMember Posts: 31
    edited June 2014
    Here's some ideas of mine for sets (some may be the same as above with extra details/suggestions).
    1. Mos Eisley set with a small rear bar/back room section of the cantina (and perhaps the back door) with Wuher, Ponda Baba and Dr. Evazan, along with some small bits of junk and things you would see in the streets. Perhaps a little wall section that's a spaceport entrance. Other aliens, droids, and such, plus some swoop bikes or something would be welcomed.

2. Dagobah set with Yoda's hut, some tree bits and rocks for Luke to lift, the dark side cave, and a cargo crate from the X-wing, with Yoda, Luke in training wear, and R2-D2.

3. Yavin IV set with the briefing room (Death Star attack plan, and a few seats for pilots), cargo containers and fuel station, plus transport vehicles (one for the pilots/troops, and one of the cargo ones). Would have General Dodonna, at least two pilots (Biggs Darklighter, please!), and 2 rebel troops like the ones in those guard towers. Depending on the size of the set, more stuff could be included.

4. Set with at least 4-LOM and Zuckuss. Either a bounty hunter ship(Hound's Tooth, OT version of the Z-95 Headhunter, IG ship, or other), an additional part of Jabba's palace, or an Imperial-type set.
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 758
    My list has got to be:

i) Anything Cloud City...I don't mind at all, I'm that desperate!!
    ii) UCS Star Destroyer
    iii) UCS Nebulon B
    iv) A Dagobah playset
    v) Endor Landing platform
    bobabricks
    It still disgusts me that have gotten 10 Hoth sets in the past 4 years and we have not gotten cloud city or Dagobah for over 10 years!
  • HangedSanchezHangedSanchez United KingdomMember Posts: 310
    I think a TIE Fighter in UCS scale is something that has been missing for a while. There was an Interceptor as one of the original UCS releases, but that is all.

New versions of the TIE Interceptor and TIE Bomber in minifigs scale would be good as well.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 3,743 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 10,342

I want to see limeted artellary snow troppers

Remakes and reissues are all good and well and there are a few that would be welcome, but there are still a few things to add to the list.

A system system scale....
    Degaba...
    enlarged empiral feet...

Dark Side tunnel!

I think you guys are asking Lego to do too much ;)

An enlarged empiral feet would be great

I am intrigued as to which imperial feet you would like built :-D
    Pitfall69prevereOldfan
    I like to collect the empire and would like to collect more empire stuff but there isn't too much in the "officer department" and I would like to see more of the imperial officer characters aside from Tarkin and Veers, I was actually really surprised when Piett came out, I thought he would never be made.
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 514
    I echo what a few people have already said:
    Bespin
    Dagobah
    also:
    The Ion Cannon with Rebel Transport
    I can't help but feel that Lego's going to be pretty busy with new stuff from Rebels, Ep. VII-IX and the spin-offs for the next few years. I think if they do any OT/PT stuff, they'll stick to tried and tested classics (X-Wings, Naboo Starfighters, Snowspeeders etc etc etc) and a couple of UCS a year. They know they can sell that stuff.
    @Redbullgivesuwind‌ bad grammar aside, what I meant was more imperial ships in system scale, different tie's, maybe a new shuttle etc, ships for the now complete rebel fighters to have a good scrap with.

I actually don't think some of they 'play-set' styled ideas' Yavin IV, Dagonah, even Bespin are too wild a dream. I have said before many times that the larger sets like Ewok village, Death Star, Jabbas place, even some of the Hoth sets, sell well and with the major focus on the new Disney sets is think lego (and Disney) will release few, but larger OT sets, so while we will get less, hopefully we will actually get more. Time will tell though.
    Redbullgivesuwind
    @monkey_roo‌ Ohh I was hoping for Darth Vader's feet! :-D
    Pitfall69
  • rollabarrollabar Member Posts: 15
    I wonder what sets LEGO has wanted to make but couldnt because they didn't think it'd sell.
  • luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 859
    edited June 2014
    ^ A UCS B-Wing??

Oh, hang on a minute...!
    rollabar
    edited June 2014

@monkey_roo‌ Ohh I was hoping for Darth Vader's feet! :-D

Lego should make wearable shoes "Now every step you take you will be walking on Lego!"
    Redbullgivesuwind
    rollabar said:

I wonder what sets LEGO has wanted to make but couldnt because they didn't think it'd sell.

There have actually been a few interviews with designers that said they really wanted to make something but TLG didn't want to produce it for various reasons.
    rollabar
    @bobabricks‌, lego do make kids shoes, Crocs and. Kickers I believe :)
    Perhaps Lord Vader should investigate.
    Hmmm if George Lucas had put Darth a Vader in crocs that would have been a change to far. No matter how stylish he would be.
    An Imperial AT-MP (all terrain missile pod), an AT-ST but smaller and with one rocket launcher on each side of te head.

• prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,824
    Republic Dropship with AT-OT (or a giant sausage), your choice.
    Kevin_Hyatt
  • OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 582
    How about the MT-AT (Mountain Terrain Assault Transport) from the Jedi Academy series of books?  A Star Wars vehicle that looks and plays like a giant mechanical spider...what's not to like?

A Dagobah Yoda's Hut playset has been on my wish list for a long time now.

And I'm still waiting for an official E-Wing Fighter (the design was used for 75018 Jek-14's Starfighter) in New Republic colors, from the Dark Empire comics series and later New Republic timeline novels.  I'm working on a white-and-blue MOC based on 75018, and that will probably be as close as I get to an "official" set of this spaceship.
    Lordmoral
    prevere said:
    That already came out.
    Well after seeing the new Han Solo a Star Wars story I would love me that train in a monorail style not to mention a new Star Destroyer with AT-ACT and the ship Rouge One with four wings.
  • MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 139
    I'm honestly really surprised that we didn't get a UCS U-Wing.  Being as it's the main ship for a majority of Rogue One and they did a System-scale version, I think it would lend itself well to a larger set.  Of course, the swing-wings give it a much larger footprint needed than even Red Five's cannons, as they only move vertically with the wings. 

I would love to see an Endor Battle Pack with speeders, Luke and Leia, and two Scout Troopers - if they can put Kylo Ren into a microfighter and make that Bounty Hunters Battle Pack (probably they best value Lego SW has ever seen) then they can use one of their 9 zillion Luke and Leia prints in an accessible set. 
    Lordmoral
  • Darth_Jar_JarDarth_Jar_Jar NabooMember Posts: 14
    Lordmoral said:
    prevere said:
    That already came out.

I completely forgot about the giant sausage set, thanks for reminding me! xD 

A life-sized LEGO version of the fan favorite Jar Binks would be the next cash call. 
    sonsofscevaLordmoral
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the WestMember Posts: 2,106
    You know what would be cool: mostly transclear blue Leia hologram.

catwranglerLordmoralMr_Cross
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 576
    I would like new battle packs featuring Rebellion troopers that were on Tantive IV. It’s been ages since we’ve seen any.
    Lordmoral
  • spepperspepper Davie, FLMember Posts: 126
    flord said:
    I would like new battle packs featuring Rebellion troopers that were on Tantive IV. It’s been ages since we’ve seen any.
    Yes! That, and a nice new Tantive IV to go with them
    FizyxAstrobricksMr_Cross
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 15,579
    You know what would be cool: mostly transclear blue Leia hologram.

That would probably be done like one of these two ...

I would hope for the first.

catwranglerFowlerBricksFizyxLordmoralMr_Crosssnowhitie
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 752
    How about a subtheme of $30-$40 Podracers?

Controversial, to be sure, in context, though the alien molds, and parts in interesting colors would make it quite worth it for many. And most of them look cool, so that would at least give them some appeal to kids.
    560HeliportFizyxBumblepantscatwranglerMr_CrossThe_Rancor
    MrJackson said:
    I'm honestly really surprised that we didn't get a UCS U-Wing.  Being as it's the main ship for a majority of Rogue One and they did a System-scale version, I think it would lend itself well to a larger set.  Of course, the swing-wings give it a much larger footprint needed than even Red Five's cannons, as they only move vertically with the wings. 

I would love to see an Endor Battle Pack with speeders, Luke and Leia, and two Scout Troopers - if they can put Kylo Ren into a microfighter and make that Bounty Hunters Battle Pack (probably they best value Lego SW has ever seen) then they can use one of their 9 zillion Luke and Leia prints in an accessible set. 
    I would prefer an AT-AT UCS preferably and a regular AT-ACT with the Rogue One stolen ship as well. A new Star Festroyer and Tie Bomber as well and none of the sets should feature main characters unless troopers are involved and Cassian in his Imperial disguise.
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 795
    Star Festroyer. The party ship of the imperial fleet :)
    560HeliportFizyxLordmoral
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 1,896
    like the birthday ship from Thor : Ragnarok
    SumoLegoLordmoral
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 56
    edited February 20
    Rogue One has gone very quiet very quickly on the set release front. We only had the initial film release and then the January release in 2017 and we've had nothing since then. There was a plethora of vehicles (and good playset locations) across Rogue One that I think many people would love. Whilst many people would like Jyn in her 'normal' attire and Cassian in his Imperial disguise, judging by the recent survey a hell of a lot of people want both Saw Gerrera and Galen Erso. I guess this is the negative of having so many film releases in a row, because for example The Last Jedi is already getting more releases than Rogue One come this summer.

I'm particularly interested to see what gets released in the January and Summer waves in 2019 and whether they might feature some more Rogue One, as there's a bigger gap between films
    FizyxBumblepantssnowhitieomniumLordmoral