Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Minifigure Series 12 Found at Walgreens.

Slave2LeiaSlave2Leia Member Posts: 3
edited September 2014 in Collecting
I stopped in Walgreens to look for new wave of Star Wars Black Series figures and was shocked to see Series 12 minifigures hanging there. I found them at 3 different Walgreens, they each only had about a dozon or less. They were $3.99.
photo 047_zps254d83cc.jpg

Comments

• DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 798
    Damn that price point!! I must resist!!!!
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    My friend gave me the heads up that they were available at walmart and walgreens. I said I'd wait till october double VIP to get them but decided to get just the Wizard and Buccaneer for now. Walmart didn't have them but I too found them at Walgreens.
    Sad but they were also $3.99. I was hoping it was just walgreens raising the price but I asked my friend and he said they were "around 4 bucks" at walmart too.

Funny thing the guy at the cash register asked "Are these like collectibles or something, why is everyone buying them" Didn't even know there were that many fans in my area let alone, people who knew these were at walgreens.
    Ives_Jaycox
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    @Slave2Leia‌
    Hey quick question. I just opened by buccaneer and noticed his chest is almost flesh colored. Is that the way yours turned out too?
  • epyon396epyon396 Member Posts: 268
    I found a full box at Target the other night.
    I felt about three packages looking for the piggy guy, but gave up. I wasn't in the mood to stand there getting stared at.
  • crosseyedpiratecrosseyedpirate Member Posts: 44
    are they 3.99 at Target as well?
  • ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534

That's what I've been hearing. Its due to that mmo code that they include in the bags
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 489
    edited September 2014

That's what I've been hearing. Its due to that mmo code that they include in the bags
    I've never heard Lego saying the price markup was due to the MMO code.

I know that Lego has been stating that series 12 was always going to be $3.99 since the NY Toy Fair back in February. It wasn't just a Simpsons thing. I think it will stay at $3.99 for a while even w/o an mmo code.
  • beabea Member Posts: 223
    They are $4.49 at the Walgreens here.
  • Lind_WhispererLind_Whisperer ZotaxMember Posts: 65
    edited September 2014
    The price markup comes down to two things: Inflation, which would account for a small amount - $0.50 cents at maximum, and the MMO code.

They are relying that kids will want to play LEGO Minifigures Online, and will bug their parents to buy the even more expensive bags for them. They are placing too much trust in this.

The public response* to the game has ranged from the worst being "This is a horrible, shoddy waste of time and money and they should feel ashamed that they dare put this out after LU!" to the best being "Well, it was kind of fun walking through the worlds, although the lack of any real gameplay got kind of boring after the first five minutes. I finished it, but since there's nothing really to do other than spend more time or money collecting the bags, I don't really think I'll keep playing other than a few minutes now and again."

LEGO will make a little bit of money, but not the huge amounts that they're hoping for. Which is a real shame, as if they had had this sort of tie-in with LEGO Universe, they would have made that amount of money, or at least as close to it as could reasonably be expected.

*And before you start telling me that this is the AFOL reaction, it is. The KFOL reaction is even more negative, not to mention poorly spelled.
    LegoKipbobabrickslegodude
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,127
    We can't get the codes to work anyways. I'm assuming they will not work until Oct. 1 but I could be wrong.
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 814
    The problem will be, they will probably keep this higher price tag for the next series also. So we will see how well they sell at this price point. I doubt they would lower the price again. That might make them look fallible.
    yys4u
  • byolegobyolego Member Posts: 114
    The code doesn't work, the game took a million years to load. And then you have to pay extra to be members, otherwise you can't get the cool stuff. It's all around a bad idea. It seems that Lego is getting too greedy.

BTW, it seems that some Walgreens marked it up while others don't. Walgreens in my area price the minifigure at $3.99.
  • BricktickBricktick UKMember Posts: 51
    For what it's worth any uk people I just picked up a load at argos on a 3 for 2. £5 for 3!
  • ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534
    byolego said:

The code doesn't work, the game took a million years to load. And then you have to pay extra to be members, otherwise you can't get the cool stuff. It's all around a bad idea. It seems that Lego is getting too greedy.

BTW, it seems that some Walgreens marked it up while others don't. Walgreens in my area price the minifigure at $3.99.

We should cut them a tiny bit of slack in the code not working depo. Technically the things weren't even supposed to be out for about another week so maybe they haven't been able to update the proper data ye. And as far as slow game, maybe its BC its still not officially released and theres probably still problems.
    Codes seem to be working now.
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 654
    My Walgreen's marked them for $3.99 but rang up at $4.29, so I got one free per their policy of mismarked prices. Not bad.
  • koozkooz Connecticut, USAMember Posts: 158
    Yeah, the game is repetitive and boring, and it takes minutes to load. It's crazy. If only they'd done something similar to Second Lofe, they'd do so much better. Pretty soon, the bulk of kids who are into Legos because it's a fad will disappear, and there will be a right-sizing. Lego has been popular for a long time, but this recent (past 2-3 years) popularity across all boundaries is bound to fade.
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,147
    Literally ran miles to the nearest Walgreens, to find they only had two Simpsons packets. They were also $4.29
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 646
    I have checked two Walgreens in my area and have not been able to find them. All they had were the smallest TMNT sets marked up to $17.99, which is a ripoff anyway.

I know people are complaining about the new price point, and while it isn't something I'm happy about, I still feel that the quality of the minifigures merits the price of $3.99. Honestly, there are some minifigures in this series I would be willing to pay 5 or more for, while others I'd like to pay a little less for. But overall, as a bored, single college student with disposable income, I don't really worry about the prices of things too much, but I recognize that others might have to worry about this.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 587
    Totally jumping off topic here...but what's the reasoning behind the Series 12 Spooky Girls head piece/hair being rubber instead of the normal hard plastic like all others?

And I wish they'd stick to one robe/cape/dress material. I'd like to see them to back to cloth or come as close as they could, because now...I get packs for 7-9yr olds and they tear them and end up getting frustrated. Kids love building the minifigures and then get to the robe and quit.
    The Hun Warrior surprised me with the type of fabric used for his cape.
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 814
    what type of fabric is it then??
    It's a very soft cloth..almost felt feeling to it.
  • iplanteiplante USMember Posts: 163
    My Walgreens had the tag on the hook for S12, but the peg only had one Simpsons package.
  • byolegobyolego Member Posts: 114
    edited September 2014
    CM4S said:

Literally ran miles to the nearest Walgreens, to find they only had two Simpsons packets. They were also $4.29

Yeah one of the Walgreens in my area doesn't have it. It is still selling the CMF from the "Lego Movie"! WTF????

(The two other Walgreens do have it though, so I got some from them).
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,831
    dannyrww said:

It's a very soft cloth..almost felt feeling to it.

From the pictures I have seen the cape looks to be the same material used on the picnic blanket in the Mini Cooper. The Hun warrior is definitely on my list, I might even get another just for the parts.
  • darthdcdarthdc Member Posts: 156
    yys4u said:

@Slave2Leia‌
    Hey quick question. I just opened by buccaneer and noticed his chest is almost flesh colored. Is that the way yours turned out too?

I've just completed the set, and my bucaneer/swashbuckler does have a chest that is a different shade of yellow to his hands/head.

I too, have taken advantage of the Argos 3 for 2 offer, yet still managed to get an extra wizard and space miner. I'm surprised that theres only the one figure with two faces (Princess).

Lifeguard should have had a curly wig (just so we could have the Hoff to go with S2 Pam.).
  • califrsh78califrsh78 Member Posts: 57
    found series 12 mini figs at a Walmart in the O.C. here in Socal. where else in socal have people found these mini figs series 12?
  • swind15swind15 Member Posts: 12
    Stumbled upon S12 today at my local Walgreens here in Brooklyn, NY. Grabbed the only 6 packs on the peg at $4.49 (uggghh). Very happy with what I got though.

Pig guy
    Buccaneer
    Jester 2x
    Pizza delivery guy
    Princess

Now I just have to find, Spooky girl, Lifeguard, and Wizard and I'm all set. =)
  • califrsh78califrsh78 Member Posts: 57
    Just found some CMF series 12 at a walgreens in socal. City of Alhambra to be exact. Only a few packs left on the shelves!
    Good luck everyone, release date just a couple of days away!
  • legodudelegodude Member Posts: 137

LEGO will make a little bit of money, but not the huge amounts that they're hoping for. Which is a real shame, as if they had had this sort of tie-in with LEGO Universe, they would have made that amount of money, or at least as close to it as could reasonably be expected.

This is true, a former Dev even said this. LU is still a goldmine waiting to be properly utilized. AFOL's would have really liked the sets I think, awesome art direction, unique and a certain charm to it. It was narrated by Patrick Stewart, can't get much better than that.

Meanwhile LMO is a clickbait F2P mobile game that isn't going anywhere.