Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

LEGO DC Super Heroes 2015 sets

Comments

• Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,266
    ^ I'm finding that also. ALL of my local stores say they have them.. but NO ONE can find them.
  • monkyby87monkyby87 Member Posts: 207
    My Target did have at least one of each of the sets, but a few days ago I saw only one Black Manta. Also, my Target had terrible shelf organization; they had these new sets scattered amongst all of the other building sets. It's as if they just found whatever empty space they could and threw the sets on them. I was very displeased, as it was hard to really spot all the new Lego sets they put out. But anyways...Target so far is the only place I've noticed these.
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 646
    I was able to find Green Lantern at TRU, and for 19.99. I had a $5 reward to spend, so I picked it up there. They didn't have any other new DC Sets.
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 829
    TRU and target in Yuba City has them... Last time I checked... Last week
  • epyon396epyon396 Member Posts: 268
    I actually got my Green Lantern set from Amazon. They keep popping up on there.
    Stay strong, gents.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 4,012
    Saw GL in Target this morning as they had finally set the Lego aisle.
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 812
    Same goes here; Inventory trackers state none available near me for 75 miles...I have seen all of the other sets from late December, but never GL. Very odd. I can assume it is a hot seller though, but I just don't think stores around me have received any yet. AND I'd shop from Target to try to match that cheaper online price, but I doubt they will honor it. So I'll just wait until double points from LEGO.
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 400
    Sethro3 said:

AND I'd shop from Target to try to match that cheaper online price, but I doubt they will honor it. So I'll just wait until double points from LEGO.

I found some at the 2nd target I went to (Springfield, va) and they price matched without hesitation...and I bought three of the GL sets.
  • luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 298
    I got my GL from Target yesterday for the $12.99 price, and I was very happy to get that price match. I hope I'll be able to find the Darkseid Invasion their for $60 while I've got a $5 off $50 purchase there; that might be the best deal I could find for that one.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,053
    My Target got the GL sets in today as well and had no problems matching their online price. I grabbed one GL and one Braniac. Core JLA is FINALLY complete!!!

dannyrww
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,266
    Found three GL sets last night and they price matched without too much hassle. Now to find new heads and hair pieces for the extras.
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 788

Sethro3 said:

AND I'd shop from Target to try to match that cheaper online price, but I doubt they will honor it. So I'll just wait until double points from LEGO.

I found some at the 2nd target I went to (Springfield, va) and they price matched without hesitation...and I bought three of the GL sets.
    Reese's we are in the same area. I tried skyline and they didn't have any but they called the falls church target which put one on hold for me and price matched without hesitation.
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 400

Sethro3 said:

Reese's we are in the same area. I tried skyline and they didn't have any but they called the falls church target which put one on hold for me and price matched without hesitation.
    Good to know there is someone in my area to share good finds with.
    Also, glad you were able to get a hold of a GL set.

Did you graduate from Georgetown?

Found three GL sets last night and they price matched without too much hassle. Now to find new heads and hair pieces for the extras.

It would be very cool, though very unlikely, if they made some new heads for some of the other Green Lantern Corps members. There wouldn't need to be a new body mold for most. Perhaps a different chest printing but otherwise not too hard. But I suppose that's where customs come in.

I first found it at a local target. According to them, they will not price match since it was out of stock online. So I didn't buy it. I'll keep waiting. Definitely upsetting since so many other targets are price matching.
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 788

Sethro3 said:

Good to know there is someone in my area to share good finds with.
    Also, glad you were able to get a hold of a GL set.

Did you graduate from Georgetown?
    Yep. Class of 2000.
  • KralaskanKralaskan Member Posts: 208
    They must be catching on, we found 4 GL at a target today and it was a huge hassle to get it for $12.99. And they would only let us have 1. They could not get the numbers to match the online price.
  • blarghiflarghblarghiflargh Member Posts: 99
    When I price-matched mine I was all ready with an argument in case they objected. Basically the website says 'Not sold in stores'. Yet there you are, holding said item, in a store. Clearly the website's stock status is incorrect and should not be used to prevent price-matching.

Hardly ironclad reasoning but it wasn't necessary anyway. No hassle.
  • wayneggwaynegg Texas,USAMember Posts: 388
    Kralaskan said:

They must be catching on, we found 4 GL at a target today and it was a huge hassle to get it for $12.99. And they would only let us have 1. They could not get the numbers to match the online price.

They're only supposed to limit the quantity when matching a competitor.
    Sethro3 said:

I first found it at a local target. According to them, they will not price match since it was out of stock online. So I didn't buy it. I'll keep waiting. Definitely upsetting since so many other targets are price matching.

Similarly, "in stock" status only pertains to competitors.

Hoops... Worthless price match policy.
  • MattPetersenMattPetersen Florida, USAMember Posts: 267
    I got a Green Lantern set!! Very happy as he's my favorite character in comics.
    Price matched at my local target to boot! Woohoo!!
  • koozkooz Connecticut, USAMember Posts: 158
    Picked up 3; price-matched--nobody gave us grief.
  • black_towrblack_towr MinnesotaMember Posts: 165
    I price matched at Target with no hassle at all. I would suggest speaking with someone else if you are getting the runaround.
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,235
    Had a build of all these sets at the weekend after my Jan 5th order finally arrived and as most people have said they are among the best DC sets produced.

That said the Black Manata / Aquaman set is still poor and for me is one that could have easily not been released, or set down at the bottom end of the price range and just had a small build with it, similar to the last Aquaman set.

Likewise the inclusion of Batman and his mech in the Gorilla Grodd set is a bit extravagant, but that is being picky. The Wonder Woman inclusion in the set is great, the New 52 version is outstanding.

The Green Lantern and Brainiac sets are outstanding, easily the best of the wave and the Javlin is a great looking ship and an excellent set.

Overall I would say out of the 5 sets, 2 are outstanding, 1 is very very good, 1 is good and 1 poor. But as a complete wave it is one of the best DC waves yet, if not the best.

Looking forward if we are to get more Batman figures I would love to see a Terry McGinnis version with an old Bruce Wayne 'mentor' figure, and with the Futures End story now published it would be a good time to cash in on Batman of the Future's inclusion in the New 52 universe.
    CapnRex101
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 4,288
    While I wouldn't mind seeing some more obscure stuff like Batman Beyond included I'd say it's fairly unlikely - but you never know, I didn't expect to get half the mini figure variety we've just had. While the Future's End story was huge to the comic book crowd I think that the average parent wouldn't even have heard of Batman Beyond.
    With the way this wave has been I think that anything could happen with the DC superheroes theme, but on expectation management I'm now just expecting endless rehashes of the current characters, after all, how long did it take TLG to realise they don't need Batman in these sets to sell them?
    kooz
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,179
    @Shib was it you that wanted a Vixen minifig? Apparently the CW (which airs Arrow and the Flash) is going to do an animated web series about Vixen later in the year and also has plans to have a related live-action appearance of the character in Arrow and/or Flash.
    Also "very early talks" are underway about a possible related "Atom" series (based on the version of character currently appearing in Arrow

More general/mainstream exposure of these characters would bump up the likelihood of future Lego incarnations wouldn't it?

(Sort of offtopic - Flash and Arrow are also already renewed for another season next autumm. Very excited as I just started watching the Flash TV series at the weekend and loved it :-))

ShibcarlqAdzbadboy
    Yes it was me that mentioned wanting a Vixen minifigure, among a lot of others ;-)
    I had also head about the web series, but I still choose to expect nothing from that universe to be made in Lego form to stop me getting annoyed by having a thousand variations on Batman.

I keep reading rumours about an upcoming set with Deathstoke in and wonder if the Deathstroke part of Arrow influenced that choice, but the prevailing rumour is that it's linked to Teen Titans somehow. I've still not seen anything to convince me the set is even happening though.

I think that the (attempt at a) cinematic universe is likely to have precedent on the licensing agreement for the next couple of years, I'd imagine WB & DC will really want to try to push it with the merch as they are already playing catch up to Marvel. So I'm expecting very little in the way of new characters now, just variations, although I'd be very happy to be proven wrong on that front!
  • DougTemplarDougTemplar Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 453
    For future DC Hero Minifigs I'd expect the following are plausible without breaking new too many new molds - I think I mentioned them before actually (perhaps even higher in this thread)

Hawkgirl - To many she was one of the original Justice Leaguers (Well to those who first saw the
    Black Canary - TV exposure plus history should work
    Red Tornado - Might be a bit too visionish but is well known.
    Firestorm - On TV
    Vixen ( think there is even a hair piece out there which covers the Detroit era)

I'm still not sure how one could do Atom. Personally I'd love him to appear as a Minifig in a set build with Duplo.

Elongated Man is iffy as we've got Plastic Man out there somewhere.

Variations of various Lanterns are likely as well - someone did a good Saint Walker one using I think a Star Wars head - but most other Lanterns need a new mold. And Kilowog would demand a big fig.

Villains Wise for the Justice League it's a bit trickier - Normally you match up with the Legion of Doom and actually we are doing rather well on that front and actually matches up well with the Beyond Gotham Game.

Cheetah and Solomon Grundy get a lot of time in the game and would be my bet for new Villains. Giganta wouldn't work as a Minifig.

My own wish list would be
    Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) but then since he isn't even in the Beyond Gotham Game it's unlikely.
    Booster Gold
    Dr Fate
    Blue Devil
    Fire
    Ice
    Rocket Red
    Mister Miracle
    and Guy Gardiner - who is possible since he's in the upcoming Bizarro League Movie due in Feb.

Oh and Miss Martian!

Overall I think the LEGO DC Universe Games are a good Guide as to what we can expect going forward with new sets and figures. I doubt there can be a CMF set of DC - I think Mattel have the license for Action Figures and that might cross the line.
    Sorry but I'm going to derail into a little bit of off topic because of the mention on a Superhero CMF line.

I still think that the "not licensed for action figures" issue could be worked around with CMFs - after all the fact that you build them means they are a construction toy. I know there was the whole thing with the Star Wars mini figure magnets, but they came pre-assembled. It's probably one of those grey areas that TLG would be best avoiding, but I think if they really wanted to work around it they could.

Personally I'd love it if they did a poly bag line as a way of doing essentially a line of superhero CMFs but with a small build so there's no argument - I'm thinking similar things to the Robin and Redbird/Iron Patriot polybags selling for a similar price to mixels/Friends animals.

The main thing with anything like a Superhero CMF line is that it would be great for the fans as a way of getting a massive range of characters who are otherwise fairly unlikely to be made. The benefit to TLG would be that a lot of new moulds required for hairpieces etc wouldn't necessarily need to be locked to the theme (I'm think the Zantana hair/hat piece used in the LB3 video game) so opens up additional mini figure accessories for future sets in the same way we've seen parts from CMFs make it into sets.

The main reason I think we won't be getting a Superhero CMF line is because the theme is very mini figure driven. I suspect (although obviously have no way of knowing) that TLG prefer to sell sets, as they push in all their press releases etc about the positive aspects of the building play experience.

What TLG have been putting out over the past few years has left me believing that anything could happen, but I prefer to expect nothing as to avoid disappointment of predictions/expectations being wrong. For that reason I don't use things like the video games as any indicator of what we might get, look at how much was in the Marvel Videogame that we haven't had yet.
    Likewise, I doubt TLG will for CMF line for superheroes and to be honest I am happy with that, although the the figures are the draw, some of the vehicles and so on have been great and are part of the experience.

I don't know about batman of the future. Yes kids play with these (my 3 year old literally wet himself with excitement this weekend with all the new characters he had to play with, actually I almost did as well, but out of fear when he was playing with them... Anyway) it really is only adults that can afford these and we are already seeing some fringe characters and sets that play to the lego/comic book fan boy and I know first hand what I buy my kids latch onto and in one way or another I do pass my pop culture love down to my kids and that influences what I buy for them and in turn what they want, so maybe a future batman set isn't so out there an idea, although to be fair I think a Terry figure in a poly bag giveaway or an exclusive is much more likely.

Tagging onto the TV talk, Arrow is great fun and an Atom spin of with Brandon Roth would be great, Flash is OK, but needs to find its tone a bit. But it is exposing a lot of characters to a broad audience and that means more lego character, Canary is a must as a major Arrow parter. But if Deadpool is going to be a Titan set maybe we get a Red Robin to fight him? Wow I love superheroe geek talk :)
    LostInTranslation
    ^you better hope no Marvel fanboys read that ;-)
    LostInTranslationcarlqchuckp
  • MojoestMojoest UKMember Posts: 474
    My Green Lantern and Brainiac sets arrived today :smile:

Figures out and on display and the models ready to build at the weekend.

Now just to hold out against temptation and wait for the others to see some decent discounts.

In terms of figures I'd like to see, my selections probably aren't as considered as the rest of you. My interest in DC (and Marvel) is still in its infancy. I've never read any of the comics and only just started to learn about some of the history from a couple of DK encyclopaedias. My knowledge of the universes really just comes from the recent films and some of the TV shows, As most of the characters in those are covered, especially DC as there are fewer films, I shall therefore base my highly educated choices on the Lego Batman video games with absolutely no appreciation of how likely they are to ever be made :smiley:

- Atrocitus big fig
    - The original 1966 Batman and Robin, (surely these should have been the figures to have been packaged with the SDCC Batmobile last summer, although my wallet is glad that there weren't)
    - Deathstroke
    - Powersuit Batman
    - Hazard Suit Robin
    - Stealth Suit Cyborg
    - Bleez
    - Manchester Black
    - Zebra Batman
    LostInTranslation
    I don't know if I would give Kilawog a bigfig. I guess it depends on how big it is, but he's more comparable to a human, just bigger. He's not big enough to be compared to Gorilla Grodd or Darkseid or anyone that has a bigfig.
    They need a space in-between the mini and the big. Medifigs. Because sooner or later they're going to make a Thanos and he shouldn't be as big as the Hulk.

They need a space in-between the mini and the big. Medifigs. Because sooner or later they're going to make a Thanos and he shouldn't be as big as the Hulk.

Agreed, the bigfigs work so far, but yeah, some other characters are big but not bigfig necessary.
    @Shib‌ oh yeah, bit of a Deadpool / Deathstroke mix up there, oh well, at least fanboys are know for being forgiving of erroneous posts :)
    chuckp
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,127

@Shib‌ oh yeah, bit of a Deadpool / Deathstroke mix up there, oh well, at least fanboys are know for being forgiving of erroneous posts :)

Fun fact: originally Deadpool was designed as a spoof on Deathstroke.

carlqchuckp
    edited January 2015

Ironically they are doing a Hulk vs. thanos comic where they look about the same size. I laughed because they are two characters that really shouldn't face off.

• kyrotekkyrotek Southampton, UKMember Posts: 212
    Before talking which heroes should get minifigures, let me say that when watching Arrow I keep seeing Branden Routh as Clark Kent instead of Ray Palmer because of his goofy characterisation. However, the CW series are very good and a lot of fun. Fingers crossed we see many more subs bench heroes in series.

Personally I would like a "Classic" Lobo figure but it wouldn't go over well with Lego I'm sure but he would go well in a set with his bike and fishies...

Realistically some of the Justice League International characters would be great especially as they are included in the Batman3:Beyond Gotham game.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,179
    ^ I'm the same! Only seen Superman Returns once I think, but Brandon Routh just looks so much like Christopher Reeve (who will always be *the* Superman!) that I just think of him as Supes!
    If I were to want to put a hood on the Green Arrow figure, what set/minfigure has a hood that would work? I'm not sure what figures out there have the same color hood. There are some darker green hoods with the hobbit elves I know, but are those the same color? The hairpiece is great, but having a hood would be cool, without having to get the exclusive version.
    luckie_reubs
    edited January 2015
    ^ #30212 Mirkwood Elf Guard has one. Compared to the BL photo it looks like it might be a little lighter, but then again the photo of the SDCC one is pretty dark. Being a poly though it might be a relatively cheap way of getting a reasonable hood, (unless you BL just the part that is)?
    The same hood is actually on Dr. Doom from the Daily Bugle Showdown. So if you have him already try that one and see how it looks :smile:
    ReesesPieces
    I'm pretty sure the hoods in the Mirkwood Elf army from Hobbit sets have the right hood. That's what I use anyways.
    They are the same color hood. As far as I know, they have never released a regular green hood, only dark green and only in a few sets.
  • GreendudeGreendude Member Posts: 56

Isn't this a medifig?

Yeah more stuff like that would be nice.
    I'd like more Hagrid sized figures. I'm not sure on how big that TMNT figure is compared to any others since I don't own him currently. But it does seem weird with the normal legs, but enlarged torso. Are we Johnny Bravo?
  • jasorjasor United StatesMember Posts: 839
    Sethro3 said:

I'd like more Hagrid sized figures. I'm not sure on how big that TMNT figure is compared to any others since I don't own him currently. But it does seem weird with the normal legs, but enlarged torso. Are we Johnny Bravo?

Dogpound is kinda like that in the current series he's based upon.
  • super_curry_maxsuper_curry_max Member Posts: 73
    is the brainiac attack set exclusive to somewhere? all my local stores have gotten the new dc sets except that one.
  • luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 298

is the brainiac attack set exclusive to somewhere? all my local stores have gotten the new dc sets except that one.

I'm pretty sure it's exclusive to Target.