Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

LEGO DC Super Heroes 2015 sets

Comments

• SolariousSolarious Kalamazoo, MI, USAMember Posts: 317
    I like the upside down belt
    Nice touch
    Watched this movie last week but not in any great detail
    Gonna have to go back
    I do remember wanting to build that Darkseid faced spaceship though
    VBaskin2008
  • Niles87Niles87 Member Posts: 25
    2 DC Villains that I would like to see in a set would be Metallo and Hank Henshaw/Cyborg Superman. The latter maybe boxed with Superboy w/ jacket and sunglasses. Also, since Lego has a few variants of Batman, I think a Green Lantern Batman or Sinestro Corps Batman would make a terrific polybag.
    VBaskin2008
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 4,293
    The great shame of the deluge of Batman minifigures that TLG have given us is that there are so many great variants they haven't given us. I notice that Funko are putting out the Rainbow Batman POP Vinyl variants this year, and while that's more on the ridiculous line its a show of how many variants they've gone through. Personally I'd love a Blackest night set with a brick built swamp thing (I'm thinking Exo-Suit sizes) and a few of the lantern variant characters. It's probably too dark a source material for TLG to do too much with but would be a nice set.

It'll be interesting to see if any sets link with any DVD movies seeing as the recent Justice League line had some ties to the Lego Batman 3 video game - seems too late for anything to tie in with this one, but who knows what they will do in the future.
    VBaskin2008
  • wayneggwaynegg Texas,USAMember Posts: 388
    ^DLC's mean it's never too late!
    VBaskin2008
  • luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 298
    Niles87 said:

2 DC Villains that I would like to see in a set would be Metallo and Hank Henshaw/Cyborg Superman. The latter maybe boxed with Superboy w/ jacket and sunglasses. Also, since Lego has a few variants of Batman, I think a Green Lantern Batman or Sinestro Corps Batman would make a terrific polybag.

Don't give them any ideas; they might end up as SDCC exclusives, leaving the lot of us out!
    VBaskin2008
  • epyon396epyon396 Member Posts: 268
    My Batzarro/Bluray came today. The box was crushed because Amazon's packaging sucks.

Got a 50% refund, but still kind of a bummer.
    VBaskin2008
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,127
    For those that have Bizarro grrrr....I hope they do a non exclusive of him now with the movie out.... maybe without the sign on him as I understand not wanting to ruin what makes an exclusive special
    Drmnez said:

Bizarro finally has a buddy

VBaskin2008
    Okay we just finished watching the Lego justice League movie....this might be the best DC project since Young Justice. Really looking forward to the next one (and from what we see it looks like there will be a next one). My oldest daughter was a little upset that there was not not enough of the Flash in it though. Weirdiation is an awesome word. Now we need minifigures of just about everyone in there that doesn't have one....and I need to hunt down plastic man.
    VBaskin2008
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 726
    My recommendation to hunt down a Plasticman is to go to your various local Gamestops and buy something cheap(or not). When you get to the counter, ask if they have any left. I did that for Elrond and Lex Luthor Battle Suit, and I was able to get several that way for free. Worth a shot anyways.
    dannyrwwVBaskin2008
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 4,016
    Grabbed the Justice league movie the other day. Not sure if it has been mentioned yet but the upcoming Deathstroke minifigure was featured in it in a blue/chima orange outfit. Can't recall what summer set he is supposed to arrive in but if he matches the movie he will look pretty darn good
    VBaskin2008
  • ScarraScarra LondonMember Posts: 125
    I'm trying to make a framed display of all the DC justice league/new 52 figs.
    What I want to know is which ones should I include?
    At the moment I have :

Superman, batman, Wonder Woman, flash, green lantern, aquaman, Martian manhunter,
    green arrow, hawkman, cyborg, super girl, plasticman.

Should I include batgirl and robin(which one?)
    Are there any others missing from the above.

VBaskin2008
  • EddieDoesntMindEddieDoesntMind Member Posts: 324
    Scarra said:

I'm trying to make a framed display of all the DC justice league/new 52 figs.
    What I want to know is which ones should I include?
    At the moment I have :

Superman, batman, Wonder Woman, flash, green lantern, aquaman, Martian manhunter,
    green arrow, hawkman, cyborg, super girl, plasticman.

Should I include batgirl and robin(which one?)
    Are there any others missing from the above.

I'd say you're pretty good with the list you have.
    VBaskin2008
  • SolariousSolarious Kalamazoo, MI, USAMember Posts: 317
    I was just at Target and the must have had 25 of the new Batman DVD with the batzarro fig on sale for $13 (17 for bluray)
    I don't have any particular need for DVDs but I was wondering if it would be worth picking up a couple copies for those that get one
    I'm not a reseller or anything- I just want people to be able to get the fig without me losing any loot on it
    VBaskin2008
    Went to my local Target today and bought the Justice/Bizzaro League DVD for $12. Saw it at Walmart for $20. Both places only had a few left that I saw. I might recommend grabbing them quickly.
    VBaskin2008
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 400
    Just saw the images of the new upcoming sets on the brick fan.com.
    The joker land seems to have a lot going on but seems to be lacking for some reason.
    Harley has a new print but disappointed it is not the newer version.
    The bat boat looks okay but would of liked a clear pic of deathstroke and not just a blurry box image.
    VBaskin2008
    Thanks....I actually saw an image of him on the site as well.
    I don't know how I missed it but he definitely looks like the minifigure to get!
    VBaskin2008
  • jondesouzaCEjondesouzaCE UKMember Posts: 242
    Does anyone know if/when the DVD with Batzarro will be released in the UK? No sign of it on Amazon at present.
    VBaskin2008
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 829
    I am really hoping that we are a Raven mf soon. It'd be nice to have the justice league and the teen titans
    dannyrwwVBaskin2008
    Wondergirl (modern or classic) and kid flash would be nice....since with Superboy we have most of the modern (ish) titans as well.
    VBaskin2008
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO USMember Posts: 8,138
    Drmnez said:

I am really hoping that we are a Raven mf soon. It'd be nice to have the justice league and the teen titans

Knowing LEGO and their 'infinite wisdom', they will make them Comicon promos or something.
    VBaskin2008
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 829

Drmnez said:

Knowing LEGO and their 'infinite wisdom', they will make them Comicon promos or something.
    Ugh... I hope not. I'm tired of spending money on those things lol
    wayneggBrickDancerEddieDoesntMindVBaskin2008
  • MattPetersenMattPetersen Florida, USAMember Posts: 267
    I'm liking the variety we are starting to get in the DC sets!

I was really hoping that Guy Gardner would have been the figure given out with the new movie, but another Bizarro character is alright. It's just a shame it wasn't THE Bizarro.
    VBaskin2008
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^It makes me want a whole Bizarro league now. Great movie too, very happy with the total package.
    VBaskin2008
  • Ray1204Ray1204 Member Posts: 44
    edited February 2015
    I'm sure we will see Guy Gardner and Raven minifigures sooner or later. To do all of the other Teen Titans and have her be an exclusive of some sort would be unconscionable and make many kids very very unhappy. Especially since they are making them in the Teen Titans Go! togs...
    VBaskin2008
  • luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 298

The joker land seems to have a lot going on but seems to be lacking for some reason.
    The bat boat looks okay but would of liked a clear pic of deathstroke and not just a blurry box image.

Yeah, I just saw that, too. I think it's because it's so many pieces, but it doesn't really make anything, you know? It's like the fairground mixer; looking at it makes you think it's just some random bits from a few $15-$20 sets instead of something you'd want to spend $100 on.
    ReesesPiecesVBaskin2008
  • monkyby87monkyby87 Member Posts: 207

Yeah, I just saw that, too. I think it's because it's so many pieces, but it doesn't really make anything, you know? It's like the fairground mixer; looking at it makes you think it's just some random bits from a few $15-$20 sets instead of something you'd want to spend $100 on.
    This sums it up rather nicely...a bunch of neat little ride sets, but nothing really great as a larger set. I like the batmobile though, so I'll be struggling with whether to buy this or not...
    VBaskin2008
    Yup...well said. This might actually be nice if they sold the parts separately and let the buyer make their own carnival/joker land.
    VBaskin2008
    edited February 2015
    I'm just going to lay it out there, because it seems there's a lot of dancing around the elephant in the room to justify making the purchase. Jokerland is an atrocious money-grab. If it didn't have all the cool new Minifigs, and they are admittedly cool, I sincerely doubt this set would be a topic of much discussion.

The rides are basically all one dimensional minibuilds with no real unifying theme or aesthetic flow to the overall set. It contains yet another Batmobile, but even it is far from ideal. I believe most people who are willing to pony up $120 for a set would be equally willing to cough up an extra $40-80 in consideration of a well though out theme park sans Batmobile. Actually, this WOULD'VE been the perfect opportunity to deliver the Batcycle and Robin's bike ala LEGO Batman 2 as it could have freed up piece count to devote to a truly awesome set.

This was number 3 on my list of must haves for the year behind Slave 1 because HUGE FREAKING SLAVE 1! and Simpsons House now that it's $199 instead of $249 and before it retires. I'm no longer in a rush to pick this one up. Like all sets in the SH theme, this will be around for a good while and there's a better than average chance I'll be able to bide my time and either pick up those cool figures on the secondary market or catch what's sure to be a very slow seller on a 40%+ off sale.

With #1 and #2 purchased and with #3 dropped from the list, at least it clears up budget for the Scooby theme, though I'm far from a Scooby Doo fan, which has several very interesting looking builds.
    koozVBaskin2008
  • monkyby87monkyby87 Member Posts: 207
    Scooby Doo looks more interesting than I thought. But back on topic, I agree with what you say about being a money-grab, but even the minifigures don't really make me want this set.
    VBaskin2008
    I am disappointed Harley doesn't have the pony tails hair we saw in those CMF Monster prototypes. That would have been excellent.
    ReesesPiecesBrickDancerlegomattcarlqVBaskin2008
    edited February 2015
    ^But this just means they have at least 1 more variant up there sleeve for when Suicide Squad hits next year. They'll probably go for a gritty version New52 Harley with those ponytails. I'm so excited for that one to hit the theaters, a lot of potential for something completely new and different.
    VBaskin2008
    I don't know. A busty minifigure wearing naught but a corset and panties with thigh high socks doesn't seem very kid friendly to me...
    VBaskin2008
    Two words... Slave Leia. :)
    carlqbobabricksVBaskin2008
    Two other words: Slave Oola. Or is it Ooola? I am still kinda surprised Lego made her the way they did.
    bobabricksVBaskin2008
  • MissKittyFantasticoMissKittyFantastico AustraliaMember Posts: 188
    It's Oola - I feel she and Leia get a pass because of context, Star Wars being such classic high adventure. A New52 Harley needn't be any more 'explicit' than the Jokerland one (she's already got the bustier neckline, bare arms, and bare thighs, throw in at most a thin strip of bare waist and job done - really you could get away with just swapping the hairpiece), but I can well imagine Lego not being too keep to have the word 'suicide' on their sets for 2016. I don't feel there'd be any barrier to a new-style Harley under the general Lego Batman banner though - although given that the Jokerland one is so similar, I'd much rather see a Lego rendition of her nurse costume from Arkham Asylum.
    VBaskin2008
    Anyone else seen the picture released of the DC cinematic Aquaman - They really are going a very different direction with him. I wander what who in the new cinematic universe we might see as minifigures.
    VBaskin2008
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,525
    edited February 2015
    Yeah, he looks spectacular! This is my most anticipated movie ever!

^^I guess the 'Batman V Superman' sets will also cost £500+ in total :/

I was happy when it cost £60-70 per movie, then Guardians cost £135 and now the Avengers sets cost £230+ and don't forget the Helicarrier...

However I defiently want them to release a UCS Batmobile from Dawn of Justice next year!

Its really getting ridiculous the amount if sets LEGO are releasing!
    VBaskin2008
    I'm really not a fan of Zack Snyder, so every little bit of info released has left me expecting the worst case scenario for the upcoming films, but seeing that image did make me think there could be a glimmer of hope. I still remain skeptical to mitigate any possible disappointment.

It'll be interesting to see if TLG do a Cinematic universe line along side a comic book/cartoon universe line with DC like they did with Marvel. If we do get DoJ sets and they don't include the Carrie Kelley version of Robin who is rumoured to be in the films then I will be sorely disappointed.
    VBaskin2008
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,525
    @Shib Like the Avengers sets this year they properly would try and include every major character since it's an event film. Who expected Baron Von Strucker and that many Ultron variants! But if it's a cameo they might to a promo or wait for another film.
    VBaskin2008
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,154
    I honestly dislike everything that is being revealed in relation to the film. I see they have decided to suck all the colour from Aquaman as well as Superman and Wonder Woman.

Is it too early to be looking forward to the reboot?
    ShibPurploroscarlqandheVBaskin2008
    I completely get what you mean @CapnRex101 - but I think Aquaman needs that to get the general public onside, after all to most people outside the comic book fandom (and even a lot in it) Aquaman is something of a joke.
    I still think that continuing from Man of Steel was just a terrible idea, I think they could have done s 'soft reboot' and it'd have been fine, but to directly continue it worries me. The tone of the images I've seen really work for Batman and I'm hoping that Aquaman works too and it's not just desperate shouts of "Look, we made him into a badass!" but they have good substance. If they turn Carrie Kelley really dark then I'm out, all the Robins, with the exception of Damien were there to lighten the mood - I know Jason Todds was a bit dark, but most of the darker elements of the character were explored post Robin era.
    VBaskin2008
    I thought the Dothraki were afraid of the sea. That's not Namor?
    VBaskin2008
  • JayEmJayEm United KingdomMember Posts: 62
    Am I the only one surprised that Aquaman is even in Batman V Superman? I hope it's good, for the sake of the genre really, but I can't help but feel that they're trying to rush out a DCCU when the MCU took years to build up.
    VBaskin2008
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 453
    This bat v. supe is meant to be a precursor to the justice league movie that's on the horizon. I feel they should have tied the tv shows more into the movie universe but it doesn't seem that's the case with all new actors for the films as opposed to tv.
    VBaskin2008
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 484
    Did anyone actually watch Justice League vs Bizarro League? It sucked. I liked the Batman movie better w/ even with the cutscenes from the Lego Batman 2 video game.
    VBaskin2008
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 506
    edited February 2015
    ^ It reminded me of the old Timm Superman episode where Superman gets Bizarro his own planet and Mxyzptlk is sentenced to help Bizarro enjoy his time with his rock "city-zens".

Otherwise, the show was right in line with the other LEGO Justice League episodes I have seen (also on the DVD).

Mostly harmless, and the teddy bear was cool. My boys really enjoyed it.
    VBaskin2008
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 484
    ^ I am glad they included the little cartoon network show on the dvd. That was far superior that the main feature imo.
    VBaskin2008