You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

[US] Target Deals

Comments

• ryjayryjay Member Posts: 769
    Ma1234 said:
    ryjay said:
    Did, however, see 5 of the  Jurassic World sets today at a Target, only one not on the shelf was the Raptor Rampage.
    It wouldn't be because that one is a Wal*Mart exclusive. Funny enough in my most recent visits to the LEGO Store over the past few weeks, it's the the only JW set I've consistently seen in stock. 
    No, they had it.  Saw it in another store tonight.  My kids were making fun of it because the raptors were blue and green, and they said they should all look the same color with the  blue one only having a strip.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 1,949
    If you saw a raptor escape and not raptor rampage I can almost guarantee it was a return that target accepted and they shouldn't have. It is 100% a Wal-Mart exclusive in the USA.
    ^ Your right I'm confusing the names Escape with Rampage....Rampage was at target, the Escape is the only one not there.  Both those sets have the two different color Raptors, and the set we saw had Blue...which is #75917 Rampage
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the WestMember Posts: 1,568
    pharmjod said:
    If you saw a raptor escape and not raptor rampage I can almost guarantee it was a return that target accepted and they shouldn't have. It is 100% a Wal-Mart exclusive in the USA.

Reminds me: I was walking through Target this past week and noticed that one of the sets was actually a returned Barnes and Noble set, since it had the sticker tag "$49.95" on the UPC panel.
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 685
    Takodana was $50 when I ordered it on the 1st, then it went back to $60, now it's at $50 at a price cut. But, I went to Target today, the price tag said $59.99 So, -shrug-
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,225
    On Target.com it was $49.99 again
  • MrJ_NYMrJ_NY A flick missle away from Brickagara FallsMember Posts: 568
    In store it scans & shelf price shows 59.99,website has it at 49.99 so you have to ask'm to price match
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 327
    I think it is the same with the avenjet and bat plane set.
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 597
    There is a cartwheel for 50% off all lego dimensions fun packs. 
    Ronyarkiki180703Pumpkin_3CK5sonsofsceva
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 455
    Watch the Cartwheel coupon on the new Fun Packs. My Cyberman and Doc Brown did not match the cartwheel and the manager had to override with a manager coupon for the same amount.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 562
    How do you get around the "one use only" on cartwheel.  Each time I've used cartwheel...it'll only use it one.  I purchased the Hello Kitty ($7.48) and my BTTF Doc Brown ended up at full price.
    Saw a few friends items at Target.com 50% but "only in stores"  So I went to the store found them, but they wouldn't honor the 50% because "they" don't price match with out of stock on-line item....dummy me, I thought "only in stores" meant only sold in stores at that advertised price....I still have lots to learn, I guess.
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 455
    @scotty12 the Cartwheel coupon says you can buy four at a time, and make up to six such transactions per day, but you can't combine it with other offers or price match.
    77ncaachampskiki180703
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the WestMember Posts: 1,568
    @scotty12 the Cartwheel coupon says you can buy four at a time, and make up to six such transactions per day, but you can't combine it with other offers or price match.
    ^What he said.

Furthermore, there is a limit of 6 Cartwheel barcode transactions per day.

So if you're skipping around to different Targets, keep this in mind.

hmmm...I only used the 'cartwheel' 3 times yesterday.  Once to get 20% off some pop and "tried/hoped" to use it on 2 different Lego Dimensions fun packs.  It only  gave me 50% one of them.  I don't have Lego Dimensions game...just buying more Lego for giggles!

• MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 197
    scotty12 said:

hmmm...I only used the 'cartwheel' 3 times yesterday.  Once to get 20% off some pop and "tried/hoped" to use it on 2 different Lego Dimensions fun packs.  It only  gave me 50% one of them.  I don't have Lego Dimensions game...just buying more Lego for giggles!

If you read the post above your previous post, CW didn't work on Doc Brown.  I've read elsewhere that people didn't get CW to work on the newly released packs either.
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Alexandria, VAMember Posts: 356
    For anyone in the DC Metro area, the Forestville, MD Target has the Friends Jungle Rescue Base on clearance for 50% off.  It's only marked down to $41 but if you tell them it was on the 50% off rack, which it was, they will mark it down to $30 (50% off $60). 

I'm pretty pumped to have a Lego set that comes with an outhouse!!!  The kids will love it. 
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 987
    My local Target has the opposite of a sale on Series 13 minifigures. Series 14 are still in the LEGO aisle and are $3.99. Series 13 is at the checkout lines and are $4.89. Fun stuff.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO USMember Posts: 7,478
    My local Target has the opposite of a sale on Series 13 minifigures. Series 14 are still in the LEGO aisle and are $3.99. Series 13 is at the checkout lines and are $4.89. Fun stuff.
    Yeah, not sure where 4.89 is coming from, unless Target is getting in the collector's racket.
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Alexandria, VAMember Posts: 356
    As I was picking up the aforementioned Jungle Rescue Base, same thing happened to me.  I had found a random Lego Movie Minifigure in a clearance aisle and figured it should be no more than regular price.  Was shocked when it rang up at $4.89.  I almost skipped it, but since I got a good deal on the Rescue Set, I figured I'd keep it.

I almost got the rescue set for 30 cents.  When the guy was ringing it up at discount he put it in as .30 instead of $30.  Of course me being the honest guy that I am, I told him there had to be a mistake.  I don't need any bad Karma!
    binaryeyeJennilego007kiki180703Goldchains
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Yup one of my Target stores nearby also tried to sneak by with the $4.89 price on S13. Quickly took it to Customer Service and forced a price match to their online price of $3.99.
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 946
    Irondequoit store has #60071 Hovercraft Arrest for $35.99 instead of $44.99
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,656
    Yup one of my Target stores nearby also tried to sneak by with the $4.89 price on S13. Quickly took it to Customer Service and forced a price match to their online price of $3.99.
    Better yet, mine pulled that with series 13, and when I first saw series 15 come out, it did not have a price. Customer service tried to tell me it was 4.89. I tried to explain that it shouldn't be that it was the price of a previous series they had upped the price on, but no go, and their system would only show 4.89. 

I bought for that, and then did a price adjust when they finally figured out the real price several days later.
    Anyone need Joker polys?

cottle target in SJ

matticus_bricksBricklover18kiki180703
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 597
    I do!  I haven't seen them here over the last year.  
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 759
    Has anyone seen the Force Awakens X Wing polys yet?
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,677
    Anyone need Joker polys?

cottle target in SJ

I'll take a few of that thing on the right. Oh snap, it's all gone!
  • jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 469
    I saw them at a Target in NJ, I bought three, gave one to my son, and his buddy in school, went back for more and can't find them. Not sure if they were just sold out, or where released early and got put back in stockroom.
  • legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 152

Seen them in 3 or 4 Targets but that's over here in CA. Looks great when built and it also had a spare orange stud I've used to look like BB-8 is on there. Much better than the so-so First order Tie fighter poly.
    They popped up at my Targets in early January. Only see them rarely anymore though. 
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 197
    I know it varies by store but are most of you mainly finding the X-Wing poly in the checkout aisles?  My closest store had the TIE by the Star Wars toys and a quick scan of one of the checkout aisles only had other random polys.
    I haven't seen any LEGO near registers, I'll look closely in the future. I often see Star Wars LEGO with Star Wars. Sometimes I see Friends/Elves/Disney Princess with other stereotypically girly toys, but Target is big enough to have a separate aisle for those.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,162
    Most of my targets have had them at the registers and some have also had them on the star wars end-cap display which is usually a few aisles down from the LEGO with the rest of the star wars toys.
    I know it varies by store but are most of you mainly finding the X-Wing poly in the checkout aisles?  My closest store had the TIE by the Star Wars toys and a quick scan of one of the checkout aisles only had other random polys.

Mine have been TIE in the toys section by the Force Awakens end-cap and X-Wing always by the registers
    Not sure if there should be a separate thread for thrift shop pick ups, but I dropped by a Goodwill on my way home and managed to find Target "salvaged" items:
    Constraction Darth Vader for $10 (unopened but probably salvaged due to Christ gift writing on the box) and the Friends holiday polybag for $1.
  • TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 136
    I regularly check the Goodwill stores in my area and have found several Target salvage Lego sets. I've never bothered posting what I've seen there since it is seems unlikely any of the Lego I don't buy will still be there even an hour later.
    True. But seasonal stuff and holiday returns spotted in local Goodwills usually can tip off that Target is processing and releasing the salvaged items.
    edited February 2016
    Target donates it to Goodwill, or end users give away what they don't like? Either way, yet another place to go LEGO hunting...
  • TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 136
    ^If you bring something to donate, they'll give you a 25% off coupon. Also check the games and puzzles. A few of the old Lego games come with 32x32 baseplates. I see Ramsey's Pyramid about twice a month, it is an especially good parts pack since it comes with tan baseplate lots of tile. And it is usually priced around $3.00. 
    MrJ_NY77ncaachampskiki180703
    edited February 2016
    Tkatt said:
    ^If you bring something to donate, they'll give you a 25% off coupon. Also check the games and puzzles. A few of the old Lego games come with 32x32 baseplates. I see Ramsey's Pyramid about twice a month, it is an especially good parts pack since it comes with tan baseplate lots of tile. And it is usually priced around $3.00. 
    Last time I was at Goodwill, I wasn't specifically looking for LEGO but it probably would've stood out. I did check the board games and likewise would've noticed LEGO ones. I was out of my dark age by then (I stopped by on my way from checking another store for LEGO)

is getting the coupon that simple? Might bring some of my used bricks.
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 781
    I regularly check a few local goodwills. I rarely see lego. Definitely not target donations. So it does depend on your area.
  • pansyppansyp Member Posts: 81
    ^^ Same here. Our Goodwill has gotten wise to that game and puts their lego up on ebay. Seems to work out better for both buyer and seller with less chance of the boxes being pilfered for minifigs.  
    Landess Target had 180 CMFs in their system. Employee goes in the back to check. Says there aren't any. Another employee calls back there for another check. Nothing.

• BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,256
    Found a copy of the Obi-Wan vs Grievous constraction fig set on clearamce for $41.98. Not amazing, but it's the first clearance I've caught at my closest Target in ages. Must have been a late Christmas return.
    ^ Ha...beat me to it!(the post that is).  I found 3 at a Target an hour away 30% off also, only bought 1.  I did a Brickseek scan and there were only 2 Targets in the eastern half of Iowa that even carried them.  There were also the SH Brianiac Attack sets on a unmarked end-cap, but they rang up at $19.99.  It was this time last year when Target started 30% clearance sets like Joker Steam Roller, X-Men Sential, Ninjago and Ultra Agents.
    edited February 2016
    Found a copy of the Obi-Wan vs Grievous constraction fig set on clearamce for $41.98. Not amazing, but it's the first clearance I've caught at my closest Target in ages. Must have been a late Christmas return.
    My wife phoned me today on that clearance item too.  This was at a California Target.  Same price, too.   I didn't have her buy, still thought expensive for what they are.
  • Waterjedi17Waterjedi17 Member Posts: 30
    Can also confirm this. Only one left at a Target in Northern California. Also spotted one lone Flash Speeder on clearance for $20.98 and several of the Scooby Doo mummy sets for $10.98
    I guess they must be clearing out what's left then. The combined set never really made much sense to me, as RRP was like $5 above what it would cost to buy the sets on their own.

I picked up the copy I found. I've wanted Grievous and I don't think those have really been discounted much. I figured an extra $7 was worth getting Kenobi for him to fight on the shelf.
  • floridabrickfloridabrick Central FLMember Posts: 70

Correction - Grievous is $35 by itself and Obi-Wan is $25 by itself.  So as is typical for Lego combined sets there is no discount for it at $60.  Not sure where you're getting that it costs an extra $5.  

I picked up 3 of these at Targets west and south of Disney at 30% off.  Each store had several left, but they were in the SW isle, not Lego.   

I thought Kenobi was $20 for some reason. My mistake.