Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Buying in Prague

ScarraScarra LondonMember Posts: 122
Just after some advice.
My brother is travelling to Prague, Czech Republic this weekend for a short city break.
wondering if there are any hot spots to pick up current polybags.

Comments

• michallmichall czMember Posts: 3

Shame it is only break, otherwise on 13th June begins: http://kidsfest.lego.com/ There is supposed to be LEGO shop with discounts, but no idea if anything interesting. Otherwise I do not know about any places like that and would be interested to find some as well.

• steveomclsteveomcl Member Posts: 130
    There is an official lego store in Prague! the prices are standard and sure to be polybags! The store has 3 floor exhibition! it is fantastic! the whole top floor is dedicated to SW lego! and its only £10 to get in! I loved it but didn't buy any lego
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM SW LondonMember Posts: 915
    ^ That's not an official brand store, it's a third-party run LEGO museum with a reseller license. It's well worth visiting, though - the exhibition is so impressive. It also has some flagship retired sets for sale at ridiculous prices - UCS Falcon, Cafe Corner, Green Grocer, and so on are all MISB behind glass for around 3x the average after market prices. 
  • steveomclsteveomcl Member Posts: 130
    Sorry my mistake! 
    But yea the ucs falcon was £3000 bargain! Lol I just enjoyed the shop for the exhibition! Once I started looking at the shop Lego the staff kept bothering me and eventually asked me what I was doing just looking for so long! 

Were else in the world am I going to get the chance to look at a sealed ucs falcon! 
  • michallmichall czMember Posts: 3
    Also not official LEGO store, but plenty of sets is also in shopping centre Metropole Zlicin in toystore POMPO. No retired sets (as far as I can tell) but some nice selection is available, but no deals to write home about. Certain sets are cheaper than from S@H (I bought 10220 some 250CZK cheaper which is app. 10USD).
  • ScarraScarra LondonMember Posts: 122
    Thanks for all the feedback