Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

UCS Helicarrier 76042 with Power Functions not working

yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
I recently got the power functions for this set and installed them. The lights work fine but the motor only turns the blades for 30 seconds to a minute and it sounds really choppy. I thought that might have just been the way it is but someone one youtube has a video where it seems to run flawlessly. I'm assuming there's too much friction with the gear meshing. Did anyone else have this problem? And how did you fix it? I have been trying to loosen some gear connections but am not sure which ones are the most problematic. 

Comments

• biyitchbiyitch UKMember Posts: 2
    I found this thread when I had the same friction problem. Without an answer, I investigated the gearing for myself and found the solution was actually pretty straightforward.

I took out one of the rotors and found there was a lot of drag when turning the grey cylinder. It turns out I'd pressed the small cog hard against the black Technic joint. Pull the small cog towards the large cog half a millimetre and it frees up the mechanism.

Repeat x 3 and I now have free-moving rotors.

Werewolf_pooMaffyDyys4ukiki180703stluxMynatt
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    @biyitch Yea I had done something similar. I had to take apart the gear mechanism like 3 times and it took me hours but eventually something i did worked. I do recall the picture you showed as part of the problem tho.
    bandit778
  • biyitchbiyitch UKMember Posts: 2
    Update for broken image link:

stlux