Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Do anomaly sets have an increase or decrease of value?

MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 422
A few years ago at Brickcon in Chicago, there was a raffle for a sealed White Boba Fett... but this was no ordinary White Boba Fett... this one was a mess up. Rather than getting a helmet, head, torso, legs, the bag contained a helmet, head, and two pairs of legs with no torso. Without the torso, it felt to me a decrease in value, however it was an already rare polybag and with this rarity, it made it very rare. Does it make it more valuable or less?

I guess also does faulty printing on mini figures increase value? The new C-3PO has had complaints about offset eyes.

There was also an incident where someone had found the printing of a clone trooper's head was on the back rather than the front and was selling it for a high price. (No idea if he sold it) 

My same question goes for sets such as: 
BTTF Delorian:  Error in printing "Sheild Light From Eyes"
The Antman set before they caught the error with the legs
The faulty Wall-e sets
The Star Wars Ghost with the Protaganist having black rather than brown hair

Comments