You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

[DK] An A(F)FOL in Copenhagen - Help needed!

Lego91Lego91 GermanyMember Posts: 86
I will be in Copenhagen for a few days in December. 
I plan to visit the LEGO store there. Because there is none near my home this
will be my first time being in an actual LEGO store.

Because it is cheaper to buy the sets here in Germany, I will only buy a small set as a souvenir. 

But other than that, do you have any tips? Are there any special sets? Polybags? Other toy stores?
I'm in Copenhagen and at the airport, getting around is not easy, so it has to be Copenhagen central area only.

(Any other tip for Copenhagen is also appreciated. I visit a friend who lives there, but he is not the best person when it
comes to tourist things. I don't have much money, or rather, I don't want to spend a fortune. I know that Copenhagen is
not the best city for that but anyway...)

Comments

• martijnalmartijnal Member Posts: 6
    I was in Copenhagen in August. Found #5001121 in a BR toy store as a nice special set :)
  • mrwmrw Member Posts: 16
    I visit copenhagen often - there is never anything ultra exclusive in the lego shop except for the branded shop magnet.  the PAB wall is not bad.
    Other then that it is just the usual scandinavian BR toy shop etc.

I would highly recommend a visit to Paper Island Street Food Market - it is very cool and the food/beer is great.  If you splashing out then I had an amazing lunch at michelin starred Era-Ora as well.
  • Lego91Lego91 GermanyMember Posts: 86
    @martijnal ;
    Thanks! Added those stores to my list of things to see. 

@mrw ;
    Branded shop magnet. - Also on the list thanks! 
    I might give the the PAB wall a go instead of buying a set. 

My tourist guide booklet also recommended the street food market. I might take a look
    at it, but I'm not that much into food. I'm a very picky eater so everything that involves food ends in a disaster usually because I can't find something to eat. :-D 

oldtodd33
  • TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    I've visited Copenhagen twice. The Airport has it's own Lego shop where was an offer like take three, pay two. In the city I found a nice toyshop selling used and new toys including retired Lego sets and a lot of polybags. They sold minifigs too but they were highly overpriced. I can't remember the name of the shop but it was near Parken, on the same road with FCK Megastore. You can't miss it as it has or at least had a few months ago a showcase filled with toys and some big Lego set. The bus stop is called Parken too.