You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Disney CMF

CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 690
Thought we could use a thread.

Though we knew about it a while ago, this supposed legitimate image is being passed around the web. 

Peter Pan and Hook have been rumored to be included too, so discuss!
Aleyditakiki180703icey117

Comments

• TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    It seemed inevitable, but still, I consider this great news :)

That said, $4.99 CMFs here we come!
    bobabricksmadforLEGO
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 725
    They are going to be so easy to feel out 
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 690
    tamamahm said:
    I am very excited about these. 
    My unfounded large hope.... 

Simpson minifigs came with two large exclusive sets. 
    I would love it if Disney minifigs was a prelude to one-two large exclusive Disney related sets. 
    71040 Minifigures D2C is coming at some point, I dunno what that could be. Hopefully not another Simpsons set 
  • IwantmorelegosIwantmorelegos USAMember Posts: 37
    I know it says minifigures but does anyone know for sure if these are going to be minifigures or maybe minidolls? I would personally like minifigures but the minidolls seem like they might be a better fit. I know my daughters would like them to be minidolls.
    I hope they realise the Springfield elementary 
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 690
    I know it says minifigures but does anyone know for sure if these are going to be minifigures or maybe minidolls? I would personally like minifigures but the minidolls seem like they might be a better fit. I know my daughters would like them to be minidolls.
    I am 99.99% sure these will be minifigures.
  • eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 326
    Oh man, Nightmare Before Christmas! Aladdin, Wreck it Ralph, Monsters Inc, Lilo and Stitch. This would be awesome.
    William_TownsleylegomattGamofsteakicey117Amanda1983Lego_Star
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 642
    I made a quick list of characters I might like to see in a Disney CMF series. There's really a lot of possibilities, so I hope we get at least a second series as well. 
    1. Peter Pan 2. Captain Hook 3. Cinderella 4. Prince Charming 5. Snow White 6. Evil Queen 7. Aladdin 8. Belle 9. Alice 10. Maleficent  11. Cruella De Vil 12. Jafar 13. Mad Hatter 14. Tinkerbell 15. Grumpy (or Dopey?) 16. Mulan

Who else do you all think is possible/would like to see?
    TXLegoguykiki180703Amanda1983
  • CoyotelilyCoyotelily God's Own County, UKMember Posts: 626
    And what about Beast 

Amanda1983
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 419
    I would think Beast would be a bigfig so not likely for a CMF but that's just a guess
    Amanda1983
  • Toc13Toc13 Member Posts: 334
    Given there is a Disney Princess line already that uses the minidolls, I can't see much chance of them appearing as minifigs.
    Just to add some rumour fuel- Disney own Star Wars :-)
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 557
    think this is replacing Simpsons. look like another series i have to have compete.
    I hope it does well unlike Simpsons S2 They were reduced after a few months over here and i got them for 50p each. just proves they weren't doing well
    Toc13 said:
    Given there is a Disney Princess line already that uses the minidolls, I can't see much chance of them appearing as minifigs.
    Just to add some rumour fuel- Disney own Star Wars :-)
    Star wars has had almost every mining possible realised 
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 13,888
    I expect Mickey will be in there. Probably not Princesses, due to the clash with the minidoll sets.
    wayneggAmanda1983
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 3,853
    I disagree with the notion that the fact that there are minidolls of a character means there can't  be minifigures of them, they've done different styles of figure for the same character before, e.g bigfig and minifig hulk, minifig and duplo batman, different types of duplo mickey mouse. If anythin the fact that the minidolls have special hair moulds already done just means they can make that minifigure without the need for a new mould.
    Amanda1983
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 719
    I'm not paying $5 a minifig.  The jump to $4 is barely palatable.  No f'n way they are getting $5 a character.  Absolutely ridiculous.
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    This would be a fun collection.

And I think, depending on availability, they could charge whatever they wanted. Let's say...  $8 per figure. It all depends on how they market it. EG:

"Limited-edition Disney minifigures, available Nov 1 - Dec 25, $8 each." 

The Disney collector market is HUGE. The LEGO market is huge. Could it flop? Sure? Could they also sell out at $8 each? Yep.  

Amanda1983
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 989
    If Peter Pan and Hook are already rumored and Mickey is all but guaranteed, we may have 3 of the 16 "determined." (As determined as Internet rumors can be.) And with Mickey comes Minnie, so we may be relatively confident on 25% of the series already. At least in my humble opinion.
    Shib said:
    I disagree with the notion that the fact that there are minidolls of a character means there can't  be minifigures of them, they've done different styles of figure for the same character before, e.g bigfig and minifig hulk, minifig and duplo batman, different types of duplo mickey mouse. If anythin the fact that the minidolls have special hair moulds already done just means they can make that minifigure without the need for a new mould.
    They weren't really in competition with each other though. Duplo and Lego are different markets (they already do some duplo princesses too). Little Hulk wasn't retail, the Mickey Mouse figures were different times and aimed at slightly different age groups.

Minifig and minidoll princesses will appeal to younger girls (amongst others). Would they risk losing sales of larger minidoll sets by putting the same character in minifig form into CMF?
    Seeing as minidolls and minifigures are aimed at different targets I don't see why not.
    Amanda1983
  • hkcrazy88hkcrazy88 USA/ItalyMember Posts: 162
    I hadn't heard this rumor yet and am THRILLED! I will definitely need the complete set. I will be super bummed if they're minidolls though. I just can't see them doing a series run of minidolls instead of minifigures, but I could be totally wrong.
    Amanda1983
  • The_Mad_VulcanThe_Mad_Vulcan SeattleMember Posts: 142
    Hoping for Minidolls. I told my daughter about this rumored series a few weeks back and she wants an Aladdin and a Genie for her Jasmine Minidoll. 

By doing Minidolls, there could be more characters, faster. As many of them already exist and wouldn't need to be repeated (although $5 is also much less than the cost of a set, any set).
    Toc13
    Shib said:
    Seeing as minidolls and minifigures are aimed at different targets I don't see why not.
    I don't think the groups are that different. All the girls i know that play with lego play with both types. If lego do view it as minidolls for girls and minifigs for boys then I cannot see them putting in too many princesses. They are already catering for the princess demographic.
    Amanda1983
    Agree to disagree
    Amanda1983
  • donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 446
    edited November 2015
    I think the lack of female minifigs in any of the previous series' points to what demographic Lego think are interested in the CMFs. Therefore I can't see there being many, if any, princesses in this series.
    Amanda1983
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,090
    edited November 2015
    If minifigs, this will be the first set where I will buy a full sealed box.

If mini dolls, I'll buy them all and perhaps dupes of ones I like (likely after agonising about how far I've come on the mini doll debate).

Either way, Lego is getting my money.  Another one of those, "well I'm :) but my bank balance is :( " situations. 
    LostInTranslationhkcrazy88SumoLegoAmanda1983
  • MynattMynatt Member Posts: 269
    If memory serves me right, there was a rumor about a series of marvel collectible minifigures. Is there a chance that since they are owned by Disney that there could be an overlap?
    Amanda1983
    ^ a rumour or a want list? 
    SumoLegoicey117Amanda1983
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 416
    These will sell very well regardless and are ideal collectables. We will buy them because they're Lego and there are many collectors outside of our niche who will buy them just because they are Disney.

In response to the earlier post about the Simpsons coming out with 2 large sets... Although these minifigs say Easter release, imagine  a large Disney set being Christmas themed. A winter village based on Disney would be so cool. I'm imagining a train on a track revolving around an Xmas tree driven by Donald!

William_TownsleyAmanda1983DarthMorl
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,715
    donutboy said:
    I think the lack of female minifigs in any of the previous series' points to what demographic Lego think are interested in the CMFs.
    The same point could be used to argue LEGO is attempting to interest a new demographic. It would be a logical next step.
    Amanda1983
  • donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 446
    binaryeye said:
    donutboy said:
    I think the lack of female minifigs in any of the previous series' points to what demographic Lego think are interested in the CMFs.
    The same point could be used to argue LEGO is attempting to interest a new demographic. It would be a logical next step.
    Surely the already available friends style disney princesses covers them.
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,715
    donutboy said:
    Surely the already available friends style disney princesses covers them.
    But not as an impulse-buy collectible.
    Amanda1983
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,064
    I would say along with Mickey other definites would be Donald, Goofy, Pluto and possibly Chip and Dale
    Amanda1983
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 488
    edited November 2015
    I don't mind getting minifigs of Ralph and Beast, but I think they're better off as bigfigs.

Also,  I wouldn't mind if one of the figs is a person wearing a mickey costume or whichever one they pick.
    Amanda1983
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 642
    I can't imagine that these would be minidolls as it is clearly called "Collectable Minifigures." It could be totally possible that no princesses would be included then, as they already exist in minidoll form. Instead, it could be other classic Disney characters. Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy (with Pluto?), and as evidenced by Hook and Peter Pan, a focus on male characters? I'd be disappointed if this is true and we don't get minifig versions of all the classic princesses before anything else. 
    Amanda1983
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 1,411
    edited November 2015
    I don't think there is a minidoll of blanche-neige. oh and too bad it's just minifigs, I guess it means no lion king.
    Amanda1983
  • Prin12sPrin12s OklahomaMember Posts: 47
    I would love to see Boo from Monster's inc., Genie from Aladdin, the clock from Beauty and the Beast, piglet, lady from lady and the Tramp, Robin Hood, etc...  I'd love the lesser known characters!  if they did a few "big" characters (Mickey, Aladdin, Prince Eric, etc) with the lesser known, they could do series after series and never run out of characters!!!
    and then they would take ALL my money...
    hkcrazy88Amanda1983
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,090
    There are so many Disney characters, if this series sells well enough I'm sure it would spin to Series 2,3,4, etc. and then there's enough scope to cover them all, even if the princesses are already in mini doll form. 
    Also, I wouldn't mind if one of the figs is a person wearing a mickey costume or whichever one they pick.
    I love this idea!  Even if the minifig boy or girl (or both) were just wearing the Mickey ears, I think that would be fab.

I just realised the possibility that they could release Stitch!  I don't even have words to express... Stitch is my absolute fave.
    Pumpkin_3CK5hkcrazy88icey117Amanda1983
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 329
    I hope this doesn't turn out to be 16 normal city minifigures sold as Disney World patrons. Although if that is the case, we would undoubtedly get our first fat minifigure without a beard surrounding the belly (Bombur).
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 557
    i hope we get  peter pan with a tiny  tinkbell
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 461
    I'm hoping for separate series of Heroes, Villains, and Popular Side Characters. And preferably not all Star Wars minifigures :-P
    Amanda1983
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 559
    edited November 2015
    Would like to see Tigger. Tinker Bell is not a "princess" so could be made if the princess characters are protected from minifigure form. Good chance of Toy Story because Lego already has the molds. Little Mermaid almost 100% because all the parts are already made just need to be recolored/printed. Don't see it happening but how funny/cool would it be if it was just 16 different green Toy Story army men with 16 different accessories.
    Amanda1983
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 354
    I can't wait for these!  I'll buy my first sealed box, for sure. 
    Amanda1983
  • alishag25alishag25 ukMember Posts: 7
    Where do you buy a whole box of mini figures from? Cant wait for these
    Amanda1983
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,634
    I know this is probably true anyway. But why does the Disney printing look a bit off, and why is it not centred like the rest?  And why is the LEGO not first like it is with the other licensed sets we can see? And why does it not say disney in the 71012 line?

Anyway, I was super excited and then realised we would probably be getting Mickey, Minnie etc. It will be a pick my favourites line for me, until we get a pixar series.
    Amanda1983
  • Toc13Toc13 Member Posts: 334
    Tinkerbell has been an official princess but isn't currently.
    The current list is: Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Mulan, Tiana, Rapunzel, Merida, Anna & Elsa
    (The things you learn when playing games....)
    icey117
  • DougTemplarDougTemplar Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 417
    Oh joy another example of a very collectable series in blind bags. Which will cost a fortune to get all of them.

I still stand by my idea that VIP members should be allowed to order 3 minifigs which are known per release to help fill in gaps.

Otherwise can perhaps bricksetters who are buying in bulk or sealed boxes(however that is done) can set up regional exchanges/swap shops for those of us who need only a few figures? 
    Amanda1983