You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

What series do you wish Lego had?

Lego_Nerd98Lego_Nerd98 Fort Worth, Texas, USAMember Posts: 235
What would be the one series that you would love to have in Lego Brick form? It could be anything: a game, tv show, movie, revival of an old series...or maybe one of your own! Whatever the case is, I'm really curious what everyone would love to have in their collection.
VBaskin2008

Comments

• TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski AmsterdamMember Posts: 1,052
    Game of Thrones; Southpark; A 'The Big Lebowski' theme; more LOTR; Breaking Bad; how about a Seinfeld set?! However none of these except maybe the last one will be never ever ever become official sets/themes, and are about as realistic as a Pitfall69's pony-sniffers paradise hair salon Lego set.

Greek mythology theme could be epic. etc.
    wardmVBaskin2008TyresOFlaherty
  • Lego_Nerd98Lego_Nerd98 Fort Worth, Texas, USAMember Posts: 235
    edited November 2015
    I personally would love to have Five Nights at Freddy's. That series would tap in to a huge fan base, and create many more Lego fans. :D

But unfortunately its a game...a horror game, albeit incredibly popular. Ah well.
    VBaskin2008CM4S
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 561
  • thedoctor46thedoctor46 UKMember Posts: 133
    Mighty Morphin Power Rangers - I'd buy them all
    ricecakeVBaskin2008LEGO_Dad77
  • BOBJACK_JACKBOBBOBJACK_JACKBOB ScotlandMember Posts: 240
    I'm going to try and keep my suggestions plausable.

He-Man would be excellent. I see a lot of he-man in the new nexo knights theme.

I also wish they would expand the Marvel theme, there's so many characters, locations and vehicles that are yet to be seen. The same could be said for DC.

I think Lego missed the boat on Minions/Despicable Me. That would have been huge. Imagine that theme instead of Angry Birds.

Bob.
    khmellymelTheBigLegoskicrazycarlsnowhitieVBaskin2008Omastar
    ^Yes @BOBJACK_JACKBOB I agree. A lot of things would be better than Angry Birds. :D
    BOBJACK_JACKBOBVBaskin2008
  • RailsRails Brierley Hill, UKMember Posts: 135
    Fallout, never going to happen because of it's adult nature but I can dream.
    Lego_Nerd98Cloud10000VBaskin2008
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,084
    Lego Ideas Star Trek TOS bridge set.  It would be great for minifig collectors and the bridge itself would be a fun build in Lego form.  Include a Enterprise microbuild to top it off.
    TheBigLegoskiPippaAllBrick
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 1,499
    edited November 2015
    after a bit of thinking, I would say james bond. lots of nice and fun content, especially vehicles and baddies bases.

also having the ice palace in lego would go a way in redeeming die another day lol.
    cheshirecatkiki180703RailsSumoLegoLostInTranslationsnowhitieOmastar
  • AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 494
    Star Trek - I'd be all over that.
    icey117kiki180703TheBigLegoskiMosdvsPippaAdzbadboyLEGO_Dad77OmastarAllBrick
  • RobertoRoberto Imola, ItalyMember Posts: 97
    I personally would give away ten licensed themes for only one "normal" Castle theme.
    Yodaliciouskiki180703crazycarlbinaryeyecatwranglerLEGO_Dad77Omastar
  • icey117icey117 DenmarkMember Posts: 483
    - Asterix & Obelix
    - musketeer-novels (A.Dumas)
    - Assassins Creed
    - more LOTR

- and a Jane Austeen OR Downton Abbey theme... in order to get my wife into LEGO.
    TheBigLegoskithenoscatwranglersnowhitie
    LegoTT said:
    Other than a rehash, I'd love to see a theme dedicated to international history.  Random positive historical events (or characterization of said events). An apple tree and Isaac Newton. Benjamin Franklin with a kite and a key. Henry Ford and the assembly line. Man landing on the moon. 

Random events like that...it would be educational and would make for some fun builds!
    Actually, I found a guy on LEGO Ideas who is working on that in his "Great Moments in History" series! That would be super awesome.
    LegoTTkiki180703
  • icey117icey117 DenmarkMember Posts: 483
    I think Lego missed the boat on Minions/Despicable Me. That would have been huge.
    They may have lost lots of sale but I feel I have had my share of these creps!
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 427
    Watchmen, Goonies, Monster Squad...
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,294
    Licensed - Another vote for James Bond.

Unlicensed - a roman theme.
    LusiferSamkiki180703SumoLegosnowhitieOmastar
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 2,320
    edited November 2015
    The Railway Children. A whole theme about trains!
    RailsMattDawson
  • iliketoastiliketoast Member Posts: 111
    Futurama - Planet Express Building + Ship.
    They could almost do 2 series of CMF to go with it.
    3stackshsricecakeTheMaker37black_towrAdzbadboyOmastarAllBrick
  • bluedragonbluedragon United StatesMember Posts: 374
    Tintin; Asterix; Alien; (neo)classic space
    catwranglerAllBrick
  • cozycozy Member Posts: 134
    Astrix & Tintin would be great
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia, BulgariaMember Posts: 3,602
    I would like to see some Destiny stuff but not likely at all. I did stumble across Mark Stafford posting on the Destiny Reddit the other day though and apparently he is a pretty avid player.

realistically, I would love another round of Forestmen and/or Wolfpack or any decent Castle theme. Although I am so heavily invested in building a modular city I don't need my funds pulled in another direction.
    TheBigLegoskiLego_Nerd98kiki180703catwrangler
  • Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 767
    edited December 2015
    'Into the Badlands'
    Sunny, Baron Quinn, Waldo, couple Baron's Clippers, MK, The Widow, Tilda, couple of Widow's Clippers (with bowler hats!).

I'd love this!

Realistically, maybe an 'Ancient History' theme. Romans, Greeks, Celts, Aztecs, Egyptians, Han, Samurai. Different subtheme every six months with two or three sets including a battle pack for army building. I'd be all over this!
    Lego_Nerd98kiki180703catwrangler
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 994
    he-man
    the fall guy
    a-team
    masters of the universe
    bladerunner (space police 4 ?)
    shadowrun (like the pen&paper rpg)
    dark souls, demon souls, bloodborne
    power rangers
    neon genesis evangelion
    cowboy bebop
    ninja scroll

but i m cool
    they already did a great job with ninjago, ghostbusters and BTTF
  • wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 234
    The Walking Dead (never going to happen)
    Gotham
    Daredevil
    Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
    Agent Carter
    X-MEN (there are so many great characters that haven't been done..)
    Mario (would be fun)
    what about American Horror Story? (hehehe)
    Lego_Nerd98johnhenz
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski AmsterdamMember Posts: 1,052
    Yeah totally agree with @BOBJACK_JACKBOB ; a Minions / Despicable Me Lego theme would have been so cool. I don't know why TLG did not enter into an agreement with the people/company behing Minions/Despicable Me, but they really should have!

Also Asterix, or just a non-licensed antiquity theme would be great with Romans, Greeks, Egyptians, Celts, Persians, Gauls, Germanic and other peoples from +/- 2000 years ago with the temples, ships, and all other stuff from that era.

I just saw the animated film 'The Little Prince' / 'Le Petit Prince' , very nice movie, and a couple of Lego sets from this story would be really fun.

Just like the latest Pixar film 'Inside Out'.

The comic-series / graphic novels 'Storm' written by Martin Lodewijk and drawn by Don Lawrence are really fantastic, and an Lego theme based on this could be totally epic.
    Especially 'The Cronicles of Pandarve'
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storm_%28Don_Lawrence%29

Also the fantasy comics by Vincente Segrelles 'The Mercenary' would certainly be loved by any Lego castle/LOTR fan. He uses oil-paint for all this comics, really spectacular.
    http://www.segrelles.com/works/mercenary.htm

'The Metabarons' a sci-fi comicbook series, though quite dark and violent is also really epic.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metabarons
    catwrangler
  • alijoezacalijoezac UK, NottinghamMember Posts: 478
    Thunderbirds or Captain Scarlet
    edited December 2015
    oh
    and GOONIES

thx for pointing this out chubby

so much coming to my mind right now

galaxy rangers
    star sheriffs 
    sabre rider
    marshal bravestar
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 3,970
    edited December 2015
    +1 on that, or a Greeks theme. Given how many useful moulds the CMFs have introduced and how easy it would be to do some exciting mythology stuff based on the ancient civilisations I still find it irritating that LEGO haven't made a theme out of it. I hope that with Nexo Knights taking up the castle theme but not with a historical theme, LEGO might consider something like Romans or Greeks as at least a single wave theme to appeal to the history crowd.

For a licensed theme (Ideas seems to imply it's never gonna happen but...) Legend of Zelda, so much possibility in the series for some great sets.
    wardmkiki180703catwranglersnowhitieLEGO_Dad77
    Ideas seems the most likely route for a historical set to come to life. Are there any strong submissions worth trying to rally around?
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 3,970
    I think the big problem with Ideas is that (for this kind of subject matter) the projects that are most likely to pass review are those that are least likely to get enough votes to make it to review (and vice versa) as people tend to vote and share the big eye catching projects more than those that have the playability/budget/viability type aspects that the review board will consider stronger.
    Lego_Nerd98kiki180703dougts
    ^True. 10,000+ piece MOCs get votes and reasonable $30-$50 range stuff gets overlooked unless tied to a popular IP. At least CMFs are producing a fair number of historical figures.
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,100
    I'm pretty sure I've said this on another thread, but I'd like a Gears of War theme (I realise that's not realistic).
    true dat

HISTORICAL THEME FTW

with subthemes ranging from greeks, babylonians, persians, celtics, gauls, romans, samurai, chinese dynasties, ninja, easter island dudes, indians,  ....

so much possibilities
    wardmkiki180703catwrangler
    ^^ I agree with @Bumblepants and @Shib it's pretty tough on us aspiring Lego designers to make anything cheap and popular. "Christmas Wands 'n' Wheels" is the first small set I've seen that has a decent shot at making it.
  • brownbricks720brownbricks720 Cleveland, OhioMember Posts: 47
    For a licensed theme I would like to see Pokemon. A big fan base of kids and adults. 

I'm with everyone else on a historical theme. Lego is all over the world, why not teach kids about their culture and history. If Lego did a history theme would it be for the Lego Educational series? Something for a classroom setting? I wouldn't mind displaying a history theme and having a timeline of events. 
    catwranglerLostInTranslation
    would a historical theme need licencing ?
    brumey said:
    would a historical theme need licencing ?
    Not likely, unless it features something that still exists e.g. a historical sport event. So the history idea is even more realistic! This would be awesome.
  • RobertoRoberto Imola, ItalyMember Posts: 97
    edited December 2015
    Shib said:
    +1 on that, or a Greeks theme. Given how many useful moulds the CMFs have introduced and how easy it would be to do some exciting mythology stuff based on the ancient civilisations I still find it irritating that LEGO haven't made a theme out of it. I hope that with Nexo Knights taking up the castle theme but not with a historical theme, LEGO might consider something like Romans or Greeks as at least a single wave theme to appeal to the history crowd.
    Roman and Greeks would be great themes but apparently genres like these are no more a priority in the Lego plans nowadays. Lego abandoned all those historical generic subjects and preferred licensed themes. Even if you can't consider it a typical historic genre, City is the last bastion lasted of the classic 80's and 90's period, and you can see how poorly the last revamped Pirates line has been done, promoted, and sold (I bet someone even ignores that a new Pirates wave has been released this year, for me it was mediocre on all fronts). No more simple western, no more simple castles, no more simple space, I think the only possibility for us to see mythology or ancient sets is the one the see those subjects filtered by a movie whose Lego want to realize sets and to buy license for. I doubt all the licensed themes we have had were really necessary and better than the previous ones( well, from a market policy point of view, everything which sells well is necessary), surely it's no more simple to turn back to generic themes, once you yielded to the licensed ones.
    catwranglerdougts
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,132
    The Legend of Korra, but it's a bit late for that one since the show has run its course. On the same note, I could see LEGO doing much better with an Avatar: The Last Airbender theme today than they did in 2006, but again, that series has already concluded.

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic could also be fun, although it would be a challenge to recreate the show's expressive design language (lots of strange angles in many of the settings). Due to Hasbro ownership that one's obviously never going to be realistic.

Some video game licenses that could have a lot of potential would be The Legend of Zelda and Super Mario. I believe K'Nex still holds the rights to the latter.

In non-licensed themes, it's a really tough call. LEGO already does an exceptionally good job creating non-licensed themes I love personally, and while there are some obvious things absent from their portfolio like a dedicated steampunk theme, how much I like a theme like that would depend less on what it is and more on how it's designed and marketed.

It's much easier for me to say what extensions I'd like to see for existing series. For instance, I'd love to see some more Bionicle vehicle sets, since while recent Technic vehicles have been stunningly realistic and detailed, they don't leave a whole lot of room for more sci-fi or fantasy subject matter.

Minifigure-scale Bionicle playsets could also be a great opportunity to recreate some of the series' mysterious and iconic landscapes. LEGO tried this from 2005 to 2007, but the designs were somewhat lackluster and didn't really reflect the kind of exotic landscapes and architecture we'd seen up to that point.

A girl-oriented constraction line would also be amazing to see, perhaps a series of LEGO Elves buildable dolls (since fashion dolls are a market LEGO has never really managed to encroach on without losing sight of their building toy roots).
    catwranglerLyichir
    @Aanchir I would also love more Bionicle variety, such as vehicles and minifigures. I think Lego will eventually expand in to those categories like it did for Hero Factory, but right now the series is still regaining its footing.

As far as large buildable figures for girls, I can't really imagine what characters from either Friends or Elves would be suitable for a realistic yet not creepy-looking figure. :D
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,132
    @Aanchir I would also love more Bionicle variety, such as vehicles and minifigures. I think Lego will eventually expand in to those categories like it did for Hero Factory, but right now the series is still regaining its footing.

As far as large buildable figures for girls, I can't really imagine what characters from either Friends or Elves would be suitable for a realistic yet not creepy-looking figure. :D
    Well, personally, I think LEGO has done quite a good job of that with the Star Wars buildable figures, though other people clearly disagree on that. I get far less of an "uncanny valley" effect from those figures than from the faces of some actual fashion dolls like the My Little Pony Equestria Girls figures. #75113 Rey and #75116 Finn in particular look fantastic and have a great likeness of their actors with only minimal stylization. A LEGO Elves doll might soften up the contours a little and maybe use actual doll hair, but otherwise I think that type of head sculpt would suit the Elves characters just fine.

Of course, there are other concerns that would present challenges for a girl-oriented constraction theme. Current shells can make figures' arms look fairly chunky, which (judging from what I know about the development of the mini-doll) would bother some girls, especially for a figure in a sleeveless outfit like Elves characters typically wear.

Also, there's the question of how you might really integrate creative building with fashion play. The Super Heroes and Legends of Chima buildable figures encouraged kids to combine certain figures to "power them up", but this could look quite awkward with human characters in less bulky costumes.

Overall, though, I think LEGO is gaining a lot of valuable experience that might help them find solutions to some of these concerns.
    Lego_Nerd98
  • crazycarlcrazycarl USAMember Posts: 392
    Id like to see a return of Lego Castle Ninja theme.  I am so mad I missed it But wont pay collector prices for any Lego ever again.  After the constant repeats of SW shuttles and now repeating the Winter Village Toy Store.  
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    crazycarl said:
    Id like to see a return of Lego Castle Ninja theme.  I am so mad I missed it But wont pay collector prices for any Lego ever again.  After the constant repeats of SW shuttles and now repeating the Winter Village Toy Store.  
    I actually had some of those Ninja sets but sold them a while ago. Wish I had them now, especially since I've gotten into Ninjago. 

I would have liked to see How to Train Your Dragon LEGO sets.

crazycarl
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    I'd rather see Thundercats than He-Man, but there's definitely enough He-Man characters and vehicles and creatures and a castle to make it a good property for LEGO to acquire.