Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Building/sorting strategies

I have 72 Lego sets - mostly about 30 years old, and maybe 15-20,00 pieces. Most of my lego was in a shed attacked by racoons and I've spent a year cleaning/disenfecting and sorting and storing in boxes. Over the last year I've only been buying and building only very small sets that can be done in less than 30 minutes - as I have a very busy schedule. Recently I got a 42024 Container truck [940 pieces] and a 21108  Ghostbusters Ecto-1 [439 pieces]

The larger one, I've presorted pieces into groups and stored in a fishing tackle box - but still have not had time to build. Yesterday I switched to the Ghostbusters Ecto, and just put all the pieces in the original box- but its taking forever finding the pieces I need [and its not fun], but it seems overkill to presort 439 pieces.  Older Lego sets tended to have larger pieces. I'm looking for info on strategies.

I don't have a dedicated work area,  I can only use the dining room table when there is noone else around and need to be able to move all the lego off it on short notice.

Comments