Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

What's your opinion on Brickarms?

ethanjwallethanjwall United StatesMember Posts: 113
For those of you who don't know, Brickarms is a company that specializes in making Lego compatible guns that are quite awesome. I've purchased quite a few, but the prices are kinda bogus. :( The weapons fit in the minifigures hands PERFECTLY.

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 14,491
    I'm not into modern warfare, so they are not for me. Excellent quality though.

I prefer brickforge and brick warriors, as they do better historical stuff. Again, both excellent quality.
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 938
    BrickArms quality is amazing, and I have quite a few of their products. However since they only do modern military and I'm more into in history and fantasy, I'm more interested in BrickForge and BrickWarriors, like @CCC mentioned above. But yeah, BrickArm's quality is excellent, and so is the other two's.
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 716
    Love them and so do my Star Wars, Pirate, Army Men, and Western Minifigures.
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,391
    I'm an ultra purist, so I consider them to be only a few levels up from clone brands.
    77ncaachamps
  • beabea Member Posts: 216
    Wasn't familiar with them, although I do know the other two mentioned (probably because I'm not interested in modern combat). I took a look. $20 or more for a single lego sized "gun". Yikes.

In fairness, they also seem to have ones in the $1 - $2 range.
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 805
    I am more amazed at some large armies people have built using their accessories...I don't understand how that can be economically feasible. You might as well buy LEGO even if it isn't exactly what you want.

I've had some brickforge weapons/helmets to try out a few years ago. To be honest, the helmets fit too snug on their heads. I had a heck of a time removing the heads after I became more of a purist.
  • eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 386
    If anyone likes the Brickarms weapons packs, they are on clearance at ToysRUs for $0.98. There are also a couple of coupons floating around that give you 15% or 20% off. I almost cleaned out my local store, I bought one of each of these, leaving around 10 or so on the shelf.

I am generally a LEGO purist, but these weapons packs are pretty cool. I don't know if I will use all of the pieces, but a lot of the weapons and and hats are pretty cool.
  • davee123davee123 USAMember Posts: 780

eggshen said:

If anyone likes the Brickarms weapons packs, they are on clearance at ToysRUs for $0.98.

I think you mean BrickWarriors, not BrickArms, unless I'm mistaken?

DaveE
  • eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 386

davee123 said:

eggshen said:

If anyone likes the Brickarms weapons packs, they are on clearance at ToysRUs for $0.98.

I think you mean BrickWarriors, not BrickArms, unless I'm mistaken?

DaveE

Shoot, yeah, don't know how I made that mistake. Sorry for the mix up. Thanks for catching that.

My bad!!!!