You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Marshalls

TheUltimateTFOLTheUltimateTFOL Texas, USAMember Posts: 135
I didn't see a thread for Marshalls, which is not surprising as Marshalls rarely stocks Lego. However, I have noticed a few sets here and there at certain locations (mainly Chima). A few months ago, I saw the Brickmaster Chima book at a store, though I didn't see how discounted it was. I also saw the a couple sets from the most recent Chima release. Bladvic's Rumble Bear was $29.99 ($10 off), and Mammoth's Frozen Stronghold was $44.99 ($15 off). Has anyone else seen Lego at Marshalls?

Comments

• wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,351
    No, but if there is lego there my mom will find it.  I never find anything there, but my mom can go in and come out with and Armani suit for $20.  I don't know how she does it.
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,634
    ^probably the same way I can go to Tesco and they have the new 2016 sets all at 75% off.  At least, that's my story and I am sticking to it.
    gmonkey76
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 987
    Similar to Homegoods where I am. I've never seen a set, but have seen plenty of books. And they are usually dirt cheap, even compared to the multiple discounts the books typically see.
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 781
    ^Homegoods is the same company as Marshalls and TJ Maxx. I've never seen LEGO at Marshalls, but I have seen it at Maxx before. Typically discontinued sets. I picked up a lot of Prince of Persia sets there for a deep discount. But since then I have seen very little LEGO. Likely because LEGO doesn't need to have deep discounts anymore.
    madforLEGOkiki180703
  • BrickCreatorBrickCreator Cheesehead, Born and BredMember Posts: 133
    Saw the same Mammoth stronghold at my local TJ Maxx. Wouldn't touch it with a 39 and a half foot pole until it's at least 75% off minimum. 
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    We have all 3 (Marshalls, TJ Maxx and Homegoods) near each other. With Lego stuff only found at Marshalls, like the giant storage bricks and random Friends stuff or long ago they had PoP. But not much else otherwise around these parts. And nothing found at TJ Maxx or Homegoods.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the WestMember Posts: 1,568
    During Christmas season, saw TLM sets at one Marshall's as well as Bionicles at most stores I visited.
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 723
    MattsWhat said:
    ^probably the same way I can go to Tesco and they have the new 2016 sets all at 75% off.  At least, that's my story and I am sticking to it.
    Is this the five finger discount?  Jk
  • TheUltimateTFOLTheUltimateTFOL Texas, USAMember Posts: 135
    Do these stores carry extra Lego stock over the Christmas season? I certainly didn't notice any.
  • TheUltimateTFOLTheUltimateTFOL Texas, USAMember Posts: 135
    Also, would anyone predict Lego Dimensions to eventually show up in these stores? I have seen old Skylanders and Disney Infinity figures there so it might not be too unreasonable to expect Dimensions too
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 946
    There's one of those near me...maybe it is worth a try.

I went to Ridge Goodman yesterday and am going back today. Here's what I saw and what I think of resale potential.

6 #70225 $23 - definitely

3 #10539 $16 - barely

opened #10604 $12, #10570 $16 - no

Some Mixels bags for $4. Got 3 #41552, might go back for the #41546 and 2 #41551. Lately I've been parting out sets rather than try to sell them whole.

The toy section is smaller (one shelf now has pillows) and there was no more actual LEGO, just some Chima lunchboxes.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia, BulgariaMember Posts: 3,456
    ^^How the heck is a Chima Rumble Bear resell worthy?! Do you mean as parts? As a set no one is going to pay over retail for that thing, and it would be unlikely you would even get that.

(side note, I liked Chima fine, good parts packs and my son dug the characters but I don't see any aftermarket potential for sets)
    KingAlanImadforLEGO
    @Bumblepants
    I ended up returning it because it wasn't selling and I needed the cash. I wasn't parting out back in February, but that's what I'd do with it now.

MSRP discount often isn't correlated with profitability, so I check each particular set.
    Modern sealed sets can be hard to sell because of shipping costs and a crowded market.
    Constraction and perhaps some other sets are heavy on specialized parts hard to sell separately

Anyway, I rarely check the store near me since it usually just has MegaBlocks and worse. However, I was in there for something else and found a bunch of clearance DUPLO. I checked prices and went back, got 5 #10605 @ $10.99 and 9 #10819 at $9.99. Also 4 #70330 for $5.99, maybe. Some #70743 for $6.99, nope.
  • sa1sachicasa1sachica SoutheastMember Posts: 12
    I was at Homegoods today and saw some Lego Friends sets (party styling $3.19 and Skate Park $11.99) and NexoKnights 70323 for $37
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 557
    I was at Homegoods today and saw some Lego Friends sets (party styling $3.19 and Skate Park $11.99) and NexoKnights 70323 for $37
    did you get the nexo night
    home goods, tj maxx and sierra trading post are owned by the same company as marshalls

saw a bunch of clearance duplo at mine, #10824 #10605 #10603 #10819 been occupied with other deals and waiting for this to come down more

• sa1sachicasa1sachica SoutheastMember Posts: 12
    dragon114 said:
    did you get the nexo night
    No I didn't.