Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

What ever happened to the minifigure galleries?

Rolyat24Rolyat24 PA, USAMember Posts: 41
Forgive me if I've missed something over the last few years, but what did happen to the awesome minifig galleries that Brickset used to make? The pictures are still available under minifigs, but as far as I've heard there hasn't been a new gallery in, well, years. I know we get pictures from Bricklink anyway, but those are often poor quality, and almost never as great as the ones that used to be made here. 
If it was simply a matter of Huw doing too much work, surely there are people skilled enough at photography who would be more than willing to contribute? Especially for newer themes where a lot of users collect the entire batch. 
Bumblepants

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 5,674
    Yes, it is pretty much a case of Huw doing too much work! 

They took a long time to prepare and of course relied on me having all the figures to photograph. Nowadays I've scaled back my buying and don't have complete sets of anything much.

The actual gallery pages showcasing them all disappeared when the new site launched early in 2014.

If others want to contribute then I'd be very happy to resurrect the old page and get them added.
  • Rolyat24Rolyat24 PA, USAMember Posts: 41
    @Huw Didn't there used to be an article or series of articles giving instructions and tips to taking photos of minifigs? I haven't been able to find it recently. Perhaps if that were made available again, people would be willing to step up and help contribute to galleries? I know I could definitely help with some themes. 
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 5,674
    Yes there was an article about my setup at the time but i think it only exists in the wayback machine now, and it's out of date now, Maybe I should do another.
    davetheoxygenmankiki180703Amanda1983
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,372