Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.
Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over
to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules
before you join.
Recent discussions • Categories
Building Challange for Bricktastic
The invitation means I want you to make a distinct, specially designed and furnished layout. It will need to have some semblance of a floor you would find in skyscraper that is used both as a hotel and residential complex. However, some amount of imaginative interpretation is encouraged and it is this that would enable your floor to stand out from the rest. For example, a queue of aliens at the bar or a team of Superheroes pumping iron in the gym.
Here are the details you will need:
* Build the features on a 16 x 32 baseplate (any colour but preferably grey) and no more than 10 bricks high
* The 16 x 32 baseplate slides into the rear of the model
* There is no need to build walls around your floor
* Build with the 32 studs of the base looking 'forward'. The front and both sides will be easily viewable
* You cannot have anything on your floor 'jumping' out of the windows or going beyond the dimensions of 16 studs x 32 studs x 10 bricks
* What you build has to be child friendly and appropriate for a family audience
* The model will be at Bricktastic on the Friday (1st July) and on display all weekend
* An announcement of the winning floor will be made at 3:00 pm on the Sunday (3rd July)
* There is no charge or need to bid for your contribution but you must make your own arrangements to get the model to Manchester
* A modest prize will be given to the winning submission (the kudos will be more rewarding)
The public will be able to see completely through the model and, as in London, will be asked to vote for the floor they think is best.
Please let me know of you are interested and what type of floor you plan to build. If you have any queries let me know at: firstname.lastname@example.org