You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Is there a way to see a random set on Brickset?

happyskunkyhappyskunky Michigan Member Posts: 132
edited April 2016 in Brickset.com
I would like to be able to just see random Lego sets.  Maybe on Brickset or if there is another website where I could just reload pages with random set?

Thanks!

Comments

• ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 651
    edited April 2016
    On the front page, scroll down, and on the right side of the page under the site updates, it shows a random set. I'm not sure how often it updates though. I visited the page and it showed one set, then I reloaded and a new set showed up, but now when I reload the same set is appearing.
  • DraugDraug CanadaMember Posts: 30
    edited April 2016
    I sometimes use the Theme, Sub-theme, Year Released and Tags to "randomly" browse sets. These links can be found in the top right section of a set's page. Using any one of the links will display all the sets of that criteria. It's a fun (and time consuming) way to see what else is out there. 
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 5,587
    Yes, we have a random set on the home page that changes every so often. There's not a way to see, for example, one random set after another, but I agree that would be a cool feature.

Leave it with me!
    bandit778chuckp
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,117
    edited April 2016
    That would be a nice feature if it could be added as generally when i search for sets they are usually only from the themes I collect, so I do miss out on seeing some sets that I would probably otherwise ignore. I really like the random set on the main site as I have seen a couple of sets that look really nice and would make good projects to build in the future.
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,117
    Had a spare five minutes to have a daytime nosey on the main site and spotted the link on the homepage. It was fun having a quick flip through some of the sets that came up. There were some nice little sets that were waaay before I had a chance to be into lego the first time round and was quite an eye opener to see how much has changed. It is definitely something I will be doing again as its like having a Bill & Ted's Lego History Lesson bouncing through the years.
  • MaffyDMaffyD HuddersfieldMember Posts: 1,308
    Wow, that page is addictive! Spent about 15 minutes clicking through random sets!
    bobabricks
  • happyskunkyhappyskunky Michigan Member Posts: 132
    MaffyD said:
    Wow, that page is addictive! Spent about 15 minutes clicking through random sets!

I know right? Making me depressed though.  Seeing all the sets I'll never have LOL