Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Is there a way to see a random set on Brickset?

happyskunkyhappyskunky Michigan Member Posts: 133
edited April 2016 in Brickset.com
I would like to be able to just see random Lego sets.  Maybe on Brickset or if there is another website where I could just reload pages with random set?

Thanks!

Comments

• ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 737
    edited April 2016
    On the front page, scroll down, and on the right side of the page under the site updates, it shows a random set. I'm not sure how often it updates though. I visited the page and it showed one set, then I reloaded and a new set showed up, but now when I reload the same set is appearing.
  • DraugDraug CanadaMember Posts: 34
    edited April 2016
    I sometimes use the Theme, Sub-theme, Year Released and Tags to "randomly" browse sets. These links can be found in the top right section of a set's page. Using any one of the links will display all the sets of that criteria. It's a fun (and time consuming) way to see what else is out there. 
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 5,801
    Yes, we have a random set on the home page that changes every so often. There's not a way to see, for example, one random set after another, but I agree that would be a cool feature.

Leave it with me!
    bandit778chuckp
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,473
    edited April 2016
    That would be a nice feature if it could be added as generally when i search for sets they are usually only from the themes I collect, so I do miss out on seeing some sets that I would probably otherwise ignore. I really like the random set on the main site as I have seen a couple of sets that look really nice and would make good projects to build in the future.
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,473
    Had a spare five minutes to have a daytime nosey on the main site and spotted the link on the homepage. It was fun having a quick flip through some of the sets that came up. There were some nice little sets that were waaay before I had a chance to be into lego the first time round and was quite an eye opener to see how much has changed. It is definitely something I will be doing again as its like having a Bill & Ted's Lego History Lesson bouncing through the years.
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 1,712
    Wow, that page is addictive! Spent about 15 minutes clicking through random sets!
    bobabricks
  • happyskunkyhappyskunky Michigan Member Posts: 133
    MaffyD said:
    Wow, that page is addictive! Spent about 15 minutes clicking through random sets!

I know right? Making me depressed though.  Seeing all the sets I'll never have LOL