Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Length of time for delivery of Bricks and Pieces orders from Lego.com

mcleod4568mcleod4568 LondonMember Posts: 13
I am having a bit of trouble with a Bricks and Pieces order from the main Lego website at the moment. I ordered some extra parts from the Bricks and Pieces to create some more mazes for the Maze set on the 4th April. It is now 21 days since I placed that order and I still have not received it! 

Is this a common issue with other people?

Comments

• scoiltreasascoiltreasa Ireland Member Posts: 1,274
    Yes It took 12 days before it shipped. Then 15 mote to arrive
    madforLEGOkiki180703
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,440
    I have had to wait 4 - 5 weeks for a bricks and pieces order if that's any help.
    Has the order been marked as dispatched yet or is it still in the warehouse?
    Put in a call to customer services if you are worried it has got lost in the system, they are remarkably helpful with this sort of thing.

• mcleod4568mcleod4568 LondonMember Posts: 13
    It was marked as dispatched on the 16th.

Why does it always take so long? Anyone know the reason? If deliveries are taking this long then it seems like something Lego should sort out doesn't it? 
  • scoiltreasascoiltreasa Ireland Member Posts: 1,274
    Probably  due to it being a previously  unknown service but now many sites and youtubers such as just2good have posted tutorials. Meaning with more orders and same staff more delays. It also means new parts sell out extremely  fast
    madforLEGOkiki180703
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 503
    I placed an order on Bricks and Pieces on March 29th and I just received it today as a matter of fact. A month is normal turn around time, but I'm in North America.
    madforLEGOkiki180703
  • koshkakoshka UK/SwedenMember Posts: 183
    I've waited up to 5 weeks but last summer I had an order that I didn't chase up for nearly two months. When I finally did they said that it had got 'stuck' in their system and that I'd need to place the order again. My most recent order arrived at the post office today which is about 3 weeks.
  • happyskunkyhappyskunky Michigan Member Posts: 133
    edited April 2016
    WOW I'm glad I've never ordered anything from Lego.com  sounds like pretty crappy service for a $14.6 billion company
  • wayneggwaynegg Texas,USAMember Posts: 388
    International shipping has taken anywhere from 4 days to nearly 2 months to arrive. The longest from Billund took 43 day, the quickest 6. It has nothing to do with the company or person who sends the stuff, or even the shipping handler in most cases. Delays are almost always caused by Customs. Have a bit of patience. You'll get it sooner or later. 
    bandit778MattDawsonkiki180703
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 14,716
    Remember that this is not a primary way of selling items. It is an extra service they provide for people that want bulk / replacement parts.
  • aldreddaldredd United KingdomMember Posts: 203
    WOW I'm glad I've never ordered anything from Lego.com  sounds like pretty crappy service for a $14.6 billion company
    As @CCC suggests, this isn't reflective of their primary online store service.
    The primary store, whilst there have been issues in the past, is generally very good on a day-to-day basis - the site just struggles when there's a surge in demand.
    madforLEGOkiki180703
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the WestMember Posts: 1,880
    I didn't order any from the online PAB section but my order confirmation for a recent purchase stated the following:

"Please note: If your order contains a Pick A Brick, it will be shipping separately and should arrive 13-18 business days from the date you placed your order."
    Eventually I complained via email after about three weeks had passed since dispatch. The reply I got was very apologetic and a new replacement order was sent out for me. But a couple of days after this happened my original order finally arrived. Then the replacement order arrived about a week later. So I actually got double the amount of bricks I had actually ordered.

Even after all the hassle with Pick a Brick and Bricks & Pieces I still prefer using them over something like Bricklink because with lego.com I always know that if an order is lost then a replacement will be sent out. And also that the Bricks I receive will always be new. Plus the VIP points from Pick a Brick of course.
    CurvedRoadPlatekiki180703
  • ThoughtsonblocksThoughtsonblocks United StatesMember Posts: 166
    I had been ordering bulk pieces from ebay and other sites because I figured it would be cheaper.  I started running into a problem were I was buying so many of specific types of pieces that ebay sellers would "run out" or sellers would start raising the prices.  Eventually I checked out pick a brick and found that in most cases the prices were lower (for new parts), plus I knew there would be consistent quality to the items, the service, all new parts, no clone brands, mismatched colors from bad photos etc.  The only trade off is shipping time.  And in genera its within a couple weeks.  
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Alexandria, VAMember Posts: 525
    Am I the only one who can't figure out how to use online Pick a Brick?  I tried getting pieces from there a few days ago and could not get even the most basic of bricks to display.  Not sure if it's a browser issue, or just user error on my part.  I ended up buying on Bricklink just because it's so much easier to search parts, but I'd like to figure this out.
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 946
    ^ did you try another browser? I know I had issues with PaB in the past and it was browser related.
  • kbenjeskbenjes Member Posts: 56
    Try a different browser.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO USMember Posts: 8,003
    I didn't order any from the online PAB section but my order confirmation for a recent purchase stated the following:

"Please note: If your order contains a Pick A Brick, it will be shipping separately and should arrive 13-18 business days from the date you placed your order."
    That is a general note about Pick a Brick online, not the parts direct.. Parts direct, according to my last invoice, is 7-10 days to arrive (but does not say how long it takes to fill the order in the warehouse). So I typically see my order now in about 1 month.
    Again it is like others have said, it is not a standard service for part ordering, but due to people leaking out this method of purchasing to the general public it has become insanely popular, which is going to cause delays.

Am I the only one who can't figure out how to use online Pick a Brick?  I tried getting pieces from there a few days ago and could not get even the most basic of bricks to display.  Not sure if it's a browser issue, or just user error on my part.  I ended up buying on Bricklink just because it's so much easier to search parts, but I'd like to figure this out.

In addition to checking your browser (if you have any kind of flash block add in that will possibly cause issues as well).

I would say generally, if you are ordering simple brick via LEGO, check P-a-B for your parts first. P-a-B is typically cheaper than parts direct. Heck I have found that BL is actually cheaper than Parts direct or P-a-B  for many items ever since prices were added to the parts' system.
  • mustang69mustang69 ColoradoMember Posts: 225
    Here is what it says at the bottom of the Shopping Cart on S@H,

"We carefully hand pick and pack all orders from LEGO Pick A Brick and Bricks & Pieces. That's why we can't offer express shipping for this type of order. As they're personalised products, we don't accept returns for them. Pick a Brick deliveries can take 13-18 working days and Bricks & Pieces 7-14 working days to arrive. We can't add gift messages or delivery instructions to Bricks & Pieces orders. We ship these separately from any sets you've ordered so you may get your items in several deliveries"

In my most recent experience for B&P, it took closer to the 7 working days. With PaB on one of my past orders it took closer to the 18 days. So, as others have said, it really depends on the demand at the time and where you live in relation to where the parts are coming from.

• ThoughtsonblocksThoughtsonblocks United StatesMember Posts: 166
    I placed two orders for Pick a Brick, one May 2nd for about 400 pieces and a few mixels (which get shipped separately) and then one May 3rd for about 100 pieces to take advantage of the free shipping.  I received a message that the mixels and the first PaB order had shipped and it gave tracking numbers for both, the tracking number for the Mixels was Fedex and worked fine, the tracking number for PaB was with DHL and didn't work.  I got the mixels two days ago.  I also noticed the tracking number for the second PaB order doesn't work either, but that might be because they haven't actually shipped yet or maybe they just don't have tracking enabled on those much slow orders.  I don't actually expect to receive it till next week. 
  • mustang69mustang69 ColoradoMember Posts: 225
    @Thoughtsonblocks I've noticed that the DHL tracking service is very spotty. The majority of the time it doesnt work. Just give it some time and keep checking and it will update and show the status.
    It is normally updated a few days after it is delivered.
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 734
    I ordered from Bricks and pieces section on 29th April.  Received an email 2nd May to say problem with payment (called the same day to sort out). Order shipped on 10th May and it arrived 11th May. Perfect and much quicker than I expected. 

Surely though, would it not make sense for TLG to have facilities like this in every country it sells Pick a Brick and Brick's and Pieces? They must receive so many complaints about the time it takes for orders to arrive because of how long the postage takes. I really cannot believe that they only have the one facility for fulfilling these types of orders.
    ^ no. They use centralised warehouses for sets too. PAB and bricks and pieces are not big enough to warrant having separate distribution and staff in each country.
    That's a shame. It would make more sense though. If they had at least 1 warehouse in every country then they could cut down on shipping times and postage costs.
    And increase on inventory, warehouse and staff costs. Plus then they'd need separate inventory management for every country. So something in PAB may be out of stock in UK but available in France. I doubt the postage costs are that much different either. 
    maniac
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    That's a shame. It would make more sense though. If they had at least 1 warehouse in every country then they could cut down on shipping times and postage costs.
    Considering the number of different parts available, if TLG did this, you'd find that the choice was dramatically cut, that availability would be a lot more hit-and-miss, and somebody has to pay for the extra warehouses - you.

It costs no more to ship something from half-way around the world than it does from around the corner.

As far as I'm aware, TLG don't run this part of the business themselves - it's outsourced.
    TigerMoth said:

As far as I'm aware, TLG don't run this part of the business themselves - it's outsourced.
    This wouldn't surprise me in the slightest - plus it would also explain why PaB orders are treated separately to regular orders.
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 988
    I placed a Bricks & Pieces order on Friday and was surprised to get a shipping notice yesterday (Monday). 

When I checked the status of my order though, I noticed that one part had not shipped yet, and is labeled as 'Waiting for new stock'. 

Has anyone else had any experience with this, and could perhaps shed some light on how quickly that new stock comes in?
    I have had lots of experience and "waiting for new stock" means out of stock. I have never gotten any of the pieces that were missing from several orders in the last 2 years.
  • workshybumworkshybum UKMember Posts: 48
    edited June 2016
    I have had similar 'waiting for new stock' when ordering replacement parts that were missing from a new set.

At the time of placing my order I was told the parts were out of stock, but I could still add them to my basket and they would be sent out separately when new stock arrived. I got some parts in normal delivery times and the out of stock items arrived about a week later. 

Whether this differs because the pieces were missing and I wasn't paying for them, I don't know. 

All other orders I've made from Bricks and Pieces have progressed seamlessly, with delivery times of around a week. 
  • Tufted_duckTufted_duck Edinburgh Member Posts: 77
    I was missing some parts from #60092 earlier this year and emailed Lego Customer services rather than going through Bricks and Pieces. The response was within 24 hours and the missing parts arrived within a week
    I was pretty shocked to have ordered on Friday May 28th and received my order on Saturday, June 4th. I thought it would take longer.

Unfortunately I still need that one piece, so I'll have to call them and find out about the hold up, and whether I'm actually getting that piece or not. The obnoxious part is it has two different element ID's. I ordered it as the one number, but on the Order Status page of their online shop that particular element shows up as the other ID.
    @SithLord196
    Some parts show up as two things - element ID and part number. Maybe you're getting the two mixed up?

____

I placed an order to get the Fountain set on the 1st, and the bulk of the order got shipped on the 2nd (and I received part one on Saturday). I received an email earlier saying part 2, containing my BaP/PaB pieces, had been shipped.

Fantastic service, imho.
    The element I ordered I ordered as element #6150297 from set #75192.

It shows up on the Order Status page as #6105731. As far as I know they are the same piece. You can still purchase #6150297 from B&P as of right now, so I wonder what's up with it.
    @SithLord196
    Bricklink has the answer; 6150297 is the part id, and 6105731 is the part in dark bley.
    Both are Dark Stone Grey. All the 7 digit element IDs include an indication of colour. It's the 4 or 5 digit design IDs that don't.

6150297 is the newer part. If it's a replacement for 6105731, the latter is probably unavailable and ordering an older part usually gets you its replacement. The orders themselves can show either.

Contrary to what BrickLink claims, the two parts have got different design IDs. They may be functionally identical, but there may also be differences; that may be an issue for pieces if you want to use them in a "less conventional" way (like put things in hollow studs).

Many seeming identical pieces have a variety of element IDs. Most people don't even notice.
    IIRC there was mention of the element ID changing when the mould was replaced.
    IIRC there was mention of the element ID changing when the mould was replaced.
    Sometimes; sometimes not.

If you look at a set that has a lot of "conventional" bricks, you'll find that numerous pieces still have 6 digit element IDs, many years after that numbering scheme was abandoned, enough bricks having been produced for the mould to have been retired several times over - and even despite obvious mould changes.
    Finally had a chance to verify my order last night and they forgot to include one round black 1x1 plate. 

I'm sure a quick call will fix that, along with finding out the status of element 6150297. 
    Just wanted to note how awesome Lego's Customer Service is.

Called them up this afternoon, and they canceled the order for the Porsche (since my local Lego store has a nice stock of them now) and were able to get the black plate I was missing sent out to me.

When I inquired about the other part, the 6105731, she told me it was showing as being an old part, replaced by 6150297, and she was able to add that to the black plate to get shipped. 

Easily one of the best and easiest dealings I've ever had with Customer Service for any company.
    Has anyone else put in an order lately? I put a big one in over a week ago, and it still hasn't shipped yet. I called CS and they said the warehouse had been dealing with a big winter storm (in Germany). 

What gives?
  • floridabrickfloridabrick Central FLMember Posts: 104
    Just received my latest order yesterday.  Placed it on Feb 20, so a little longer than usual.
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 Washington, USAMember Posts: 427
    I made my first order from this system in February. I ordered on February 6th and didn't get them until March 4th. Lego Customer Service was surprised it took as long as it did too considering I got the notification pretty early on that my order was pulled and shipped. 

YMMV ultimately.
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 1,787
    All the bricks and pieces and missing pieces come from Denmark no?  So when you take into account a couple of days to gather and package then regular shipping to the U.S. another week then that alone is a week and a half easily.  I bet winter storms, as we have been experiencing here in New England, can contribute to an additional delay, either way, its a very slow moving process.