You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

BrickFair Lego Expos

Has anybody ever attended one of these events?  I'm thinking of taking my daughter to BrickFair New England this weekend, but the website is...lacking.  I have no idea of the scope of this thing or what they will have to entertain a seven year old.  I want to make sure it will be worth the hour trip each way.

Comments

• JenniJenni USAMember Posts: 1,189
    I haven't been to the New England BrickFair, I've been to three in Alabama both as a public visitor and as an exhibitor.

The first year we went as members of the public with friends, between us we had three girls aged 9, 8 and 3 and drove three hours to Birmingham.

The girls loved the LEGO exhibits, played bingo and spent a lot of time in the play brick area. Now BrickFair Alabama has added bouncy castles.

I just asked the then 8-year-old if you should take your daughter and she said yes :).

What you really should do is go, find a LUG, and then go back next year with them for the whole thing.
  • shotgunchipmunkshotgunchipmunk USMember Posts: 68
    Thanks Jenni!

We decided to give it a chance, and I'm glad we did!  My daughter had a great time, and I got some nice inspiration for our Elvendale MOC.
  • JenniJenni USAMember Posts: 1,189
    Awesome. I'll have to look for photos of that in case my daughter wants to revisit her Elves idea. However this morning she was planning a superhero battle for out town display instead.

Glad you had a great time, but seriously, it's even better if you join a LUG and go with them :)