Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Sets aren't showing as having figs/figs have disappeared?

MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 894
edited June 2016 in Brickset.com
Whilst a set will list a figure number, on the actual figs tab Brickset is reporting "No minifigs found. Please try another search term or select something from the drop-down lists." Is this happening to anyone else?

So far it appears to be unrestricted to theme (Nexo Knights, World City, City and Marvel Super Heroes have been tested so far) and http://brickset.com/minifigs/category-Castle is appearing empty, for example.

Comments

• bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,369
    My entire minifigs owned section is saying 0 found, but the front page says I have 532.
    Think there is a site glitch somewhere as @TheOneVeyronian has had the same issue in a trading thread.
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 715
    Since Brickset gets its minifig information from BrickLink, I wonder if the recent redesign of BrickLink has anything to do with it.
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Ye Olde Middlesex, UKMember Posts: 1,327
    Well, I'm glad it's not just me having the issue then, when somebody noticed my minifigs owned and wanted list were empty I was a bit worried I'd accidentally cleared the lists since I'd edited both lists before the problem arose. I own 592 minifigs but when I click on my owned list it comes up zero - no minifigs from sets, no loose minifigs, no wanted minifigs, nada.

I tagged Huw in my other post in my marketlace thread as soon as I was aware of the problem but I think he's away at the moment, so it could be a while before the problem gets sorted... if it doesn't rectify itself. It may not even be a Brickset glitch that can be sorted out by Brickset staff...
    ricecake said:
    Since Brickset gets its minifig information from BrickLink, I wonder if the recent redesign of BrickLink has anything to do with it.
    This sounds probable... however the redesign of Bricklink went live a week ago. The minifigs list was absolutely fine until about 12 hours ago. Maybe a BL "fix" caused all minifigs to disappear from Brickset.
    MattDawsonLego_Star
  • RecceRecce 10,171km away from BillundMember Posts: 591
    Same problem here.

So Brickset gets the data from BL, and then Rebrickable gets the data from Brickset which means indirectly from BL. And Brickset also gets data from lego.com? Sounds complicated! 
    MattDawson
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 5,716
    I turned off the BrickLink import while I was away in case it failed following the redesign.

Yesterday I re-ran it, fount it still worked, but because I ran it in the day and not as part of the overnight batch job it had the unintended consequence of upsetting the database.

Following last night's import it's all back to normal.
    MattsWhatricecakeMattDawsonkiki180703bandit778Lego_StarAndor
  • RecceRecce 10,171km away from BillundMember Posts: 591
    The piece count data from Rebrickable is it imported from Brickset? I noticed my Brickset piece count is at 751K but on Rebrickable it is at 732K, quite a big difference.
    I'd expect Rebrickable to be higher given their more complete inventories.

We don't import theirs.
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,169
    Huw said:
    I'd expect Rebrickable to be higher given their more complete inventories.

We don't import theirs.
    Worth noting that sometimes the LEGO Customer Service replacement part inventories include duplicate pieces due to a new version being introduced partway through a set's lifespan, or even just listed so that people can still get a part replaced once the old version is no longer being supplied from Customer Service.

An example I came across recently: the nine Bright Red horn/spike pieces from #8916 Takadox are listed twice: once as Design ID 53451/Element ID 4276053, and once as Design ID 88513/Element ID 4568388. So even though the piece count of the set is 62, the inventory includes 71.

In big sets that are in circulation a long time, these new versions of old parts can really add up. For example, #10188 Death Star, notorious for how long it took to be discontinued, has a piece count of 3803, but its inventory includes 3996 parts — nearly 200 more! This is because over 40 types of elements in that set's inventory were replaced with new versions during its lifespan, some of them more than once!
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 124
    edited June 2016
    I don't know if it's related to any of the other minifig piece count issues above but I've noticed that adding the first minifig, the farmer, from CMF series 15 to my owned sets, the parts list now shows I own every piece from series 15. I was trying to figure out why it said I owned the skunk!

There are just 6 pieces listed against the farmer #71011-1 but the parts inventory shows all 116 pieces from the series. I checked the Disney series and Stitch has the same thing.
    That's an annoying bug that's in the 'too difficult to fix' list.

It's because LEGO's inventory for 71011 includes all parts for all figs and they get attached to the '-1' variant of the set automatically when imported.

When I've worked out the best solution I'll implement it :)
    vizzitor
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 124
    Thanks for the response. I thought this might be the reason for the extra animals and stuff in my parts list.

No big deal, just had me questioning my sanity and if I'd being buying minifigs and updating my Brickset list in my sleep!
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 707
    On the subject of minifigs not showing - I notice the Nexo Knights magazine figures don't show up in the fig list.
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 707
    Scratch that - Lance and Robin do now appear.  Should have checked before posting!
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,020
    Huw said:
    That's an annoying bug that's in the 'too difficult to fix' list.

It's because LEGO's inventory for 71011 includes all parts for all figs and they get attached to the '-1' variant of the set automatically when imported.

When I've worked out the best solution I'll implement it :)

Is there an easy way to just not include parts for sets with this problem as missing the 6 pieces is better than including a large number of parts you don't have.

Just a thought. 

• donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 510
    Ghost Rider set has no minifigures showing. There is no Ghost Rider in database for example.
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,169
    donutboy said:
    Ghost Rider set has no minifigures showing. There is no Ghost Rider in database for example.
    That will be fixed when BrickLink adds an inventory for that set to their reference catalog. That's where Brickset's minifigure data comes from. Currently the figs from that set ARE listed in the reference catalog, but there's no inventory to connect them with the set.