Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Going to Legoland CA. Any advice?

monstblitzmonstblitz Alexandria, VAMember Posts: 551
The family and I are going to Legoland in California this Wednesday.  Wondering if anyone that's been can offer me any tips on what to make sure we see and do and what to avoid.  We are only going for one day.  Driving from LA and stating the night at a hotel near there.  Sorry if this is covered in another thread. I have a hard time searching on the iPad.  

Comments

• bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    Found a thread about it here http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/3631/legoland-california

enjoy your trip. I hope to go one day as well.
    monstblitz
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,396
    The family and I are going to Legoland in California this Wednesday.  Wondering if anyone that's been can offer me any tips on what to make sure we see and do and what to avoid.  We are only going for one day.  Driving from LA and stating the night at a hotel near there.  Sorry if this is covered in another thread. I have a hard time searching on the iPad.  
    I can't comment on line lengths or places to eat, and my knowledge is a few years old, but I can say that you should get there as early as possible, and ride rides like the Technic roller coaster first. Line lengths aren't nearly as bad as Disney parks, but some do fill up. Some, like the fire truck race, you want to do with more people around.

Look at the list of rides they have, and make a list of what you want to do.

Don't expect any deals shopping there, and don't expect Miniland to be in good shape.
    monstblitz
  • mustang69mustang69 ColoradoMember Posts: 253
    We went to that Legoland back in October of 2013. We went Thursday thru Sunday. On Thursday & Friday it wasnt busy at all since kids were still in school, hardly any lines at all. On Saturday however it was a lot busier but I think the longest line was maybe 30 minutes.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the WestMember Posts: 1,973
    A lot of Polybags that aren't readily available elsewhere. 

No VIP points are given/redeemed at stores.

Enjoy!
  • beabea Member Posts: 223
    A lot of Polybags that aren't readily available elsewhere. 

No VIP points are given/redeemed at stores.

Enjoy!
    YMMV. When I went to Legoland CA about a year ago, there were no poly bags that I hadn't seen elsewhere. The only "unique" items were the picture frame and the rose (glued).

• Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,482
    I was at LEGOLAND last month and they had tons of polys available.
    77ncaachampsmonstblitzkiki180703
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Alexandria, VAMember Posts: 551
    edited July 2016
    Thanks for the advice everyone!  I checked the other thread as well.  Excited to see the poly selection.  Since I flew cross country to get here, that's all I plan on buying.  Hoping the kids have a good time.  They are at Disneyland today.  I skipped that to save myself for Legoland!  And because I went last year and once is enough for a long while...  Happiest place on earth my ass! 
    77ncaachamps
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Alexandria, VAMember Posts: 551
    So Legoland was a great time.  The whole family loved it.  Compared to Disneyland we all agreed Legoland wins out.  Didn't find many good polys, but got some good minifigs, and the Legoland train sets.  Food was decent.  Pizza and pasta buffet good value and great for kids.  Avoid the ramen house.  The stir fry was unedible.  Lines weren't unbearable.  Only complaint- legolands equivalent of tea cups (bionical blast or some nonsense) has a ridiculous age restriction.  Most of the age / size restrictions I could understand but not this one.  Tough pill to swallow for kids who were able to ride tea cups at Disney the day before but not this.  
    SprinkleOtter
  • BrewBrew New Mexico (It's an actual state in the US)Member Posts: 181
    Yay. We are here at LL California today and tomorrow. All I can say is that they now serve decent craft beer in a couple of locations in the park. Finally!
    BrickDancerkiki180703
  • beabea Member Posts: 223
    Stopped by over the weekend. In case anyone is interested, they had the following polys:

30400 - Friends fitness centre
    30425 - Ninjago training grounds
    30496 - Starwars u-wing fighter
    30456 - Superhero girls Krypto saves the day
    30348 - City mini dumper
    30371 - Nexo knigts kinght's cycle

They also had a juniors poly and a duplo poly but I didn't catch which ones. The Easter set was out and marked up to $13. Batman movie minifigures were marked up to $5.