Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Cant make head or tail of the new Bricklink site

gelkstergelkster MN, USAMember Posts: 179
It wont even let me log on. Is it expecting me to register as a new member? I cant look at pics of a set unless I look at its inventory. When I check to see a price it shows aa list of prices from low to high, if I click on a green square it shows the store name but no other info. How do I know where the store is located? All sort of other things a ssociates with the old site are missing too. i like the old way better!  I dont see how all these numbers & stuff help anyone, seems it's aimed at the serious collector now.

Comments

• gelkstergelkster MN, USAMember Posts: 179
    If I click on a store name, the screen changes to a seemingly arbitrary colored bar across the top, with its "praise" & "orders" stats in the upper right, & nothing else onscreen.
    How the heck am I supposed to browse, much less buy anything? i had no problem with the old way.
    One of the BL sellers posted feedback over there he's lost thousands of dollars in orders due to the new look. Probably potanetial buyers (like me) who cant decipher the new site.
  • EdmicEdmic ZürichMember Posts: 102
    Only registered members can buy items. So forget about all your problems and get logged in.

Questions :D

1. Have you ever made an account on bricklink?
    No then do so.
    Yes move on to question 2.

2. What message do you get when you try to log-in?

- Are you certain that your username is correct?
    - Are you certain about your password?
    - If you do a password reset does it recognise your account and do you get an email?
    I habe had an account on BL for years. When I attempt to log in, the screen refreshes & I get the same screen, asking me to log in or register. My name & p/w are correct. 

Ill try a p/w reset.
    Ok from the BL main page, at the upper right it says "shop, community, help, log in or register, cart". Clicking on any of these does nothing.
    A bit farther below, under "Stores " there are 4 panels (2x2) that say "Chromebricks." (must be an ad of some sort) when I clickmon the word chromebricks, it takes me back up to the top of the main page.

I absolutely do not understand what's going on here.
    Nothing but negative comments there about the new "Wanted List upgrade" ...one commment suggests the whole idea was from a non-BL user...which is what Im starting to suspect. I cant do anything I used to do when the site worked for me.

edited July 2016
    Wish I could use BL To do something but I dont undertand how any of it works & I cant do anything...feeling helpless. Is there another similar buy/sell site I can use use til BL gets its sh-t back together?
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    gelkster said:
    I habe had an account on BL for years. When I attempt to log in, the screen refreshes & I get the same screen, asking me to log in or register. My name & p/w are correct.
    Clear your browser cache.

What browser do you use? Not all sites work with all browsers, even the most popular ones.

Do you use any security features such as disabling scripts or cookies or adverts? If that doesn't mean anything to you, then probably not. Increasingly, and I'd say unnecessarily (if only because everything worked the day before without), many sites don't work unless virtually everything is enabled.
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 959
    This sounds like a browser or cookie issue. The site is working fine. I have bee placing orders and receiving orders with no problems. There are some sellers who are reporting less in sales, however this happens every summer as most people spend more time outdoors. According to the BL stats, the number of sales is normal for this time of the year. So I would suggest clearing cookies, and maybe trying a different browser. I do remember reading that Chrome has problems with certain features of the site, but other than that, it is working fine.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 14,871
    gelkster said:
    Nothing but negative comments there about the new "Wanted List upgrade" ...one commment suggests the whole idea was from a non-BL user...which is what Im starting to suspect. I cant do anything I used to do when the site worked for me.

Presumably you can read the forum there though.
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 559
    I've placed over 100 orders as a buyer on the new site.  Once you get used to it, the wanted list auto-finder is awesome.  As is the ability to fill carts in multiple stores with one click.  The ability to subtract an order from your wanted list is helpful as well.

Yes, its different.  Sure, its not perfect.  But getting better every week.
    SprinkleOtterthedingman5kiki180703bandit778CCCsnowhitieandhe
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 1,377
    I'm not in the same league as @DadsAFOL, but I have successfully placed 4 orders since the BL site redesign. Had to find my way around the new site, but the same was true with the old site. I don't think anybody would claim the old design was user friendly, let alone easy to navigate for new users.
    And the Auto-Finder functionality for your wanted lists is great.
    Well I was finally able to order from BL, seems to be an ipad issue, was able to do so with my wifes newer model rather than this older junky one.
    asrfarinhakbenjes