Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Why does Aayla Secura's headpiece cost so much?

I was browsing through a Bricklink store today, and I saw that Aayla Secura's head was listed for less than a dollar- I thought that that was rather odd, as she is a $25+ minifigure. I quickly looked through her inventory, and saw that while here head, torso, and legs were quite cheap, her headpiece cost over $20, with almost none listed. Why is that? Is there some appeal of this headpiece? Is it easily damaged and sometimes in need of replacement? I'm stumped on this.

Comments

• bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,831
    Is it easily damaged and sometimes in need of replacement? I'm stumped on this.
    This is one of the reasons it is exactly worth so much, any part of something rare that is easily damaged will always be expensive, because there will always be a higher demand to replace the part.

Also, this piece makes Aayla Secura, Aayla Secura. Without it, she is not displayable. It is also not an easy part to substitute as this is an exclusive color for this mold.

Demand - Supply = Rarity