You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Difference in piece count.

EdmicEdmic ZürichMember Posts: 102
edited July 2016 in Brickset.com
Why is there a difference in piece counts?

In the top right it shows a higher number then when i go to set overview, can this be caused by missing minifigs, or is there another reason?

Comments

• ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 663
    In the Set Overview, the inventory displayed there usually come from LEGO's servers, however, these inventories are often incorrect. One of the reasons is that these inventories correspond with their replacement parts service, so if a piece is no longer made or otherwise unavailable, it may not appear in the inventory. On the other hand, if a piece has been updated with a new mold but is functionally the same, sometimes both of these pieces appear in the inventory.
    Edmicbandit778
  • EdmicEdmic ZürichMember Posts: 102
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 5,613
    The one at the top of the page uses LEGO's inventories to calculate the total number of parts you own in the sets you own which means that if any are incomplete or missing entirely the number will be smaller than that shown on the 'my sets' page, which uses the actual piece count which is recorded separately.
  • EdmicEdmic ZürichMember Posts: 102
    Nah, that can't be the explanation, i have no missing pieces listed.

And i'm thankful for not missing 532 Pieces, which is the difference between the two numbers. I do however miss a lot of minifigs, but those are shown separately, would make no sense to include those in the piece counts.