Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

British AFOL Saying Hello Again to Lego - and of course, Everyone Here

LiliAndDaddyLiliAndDaddy Central EuropeMember Posts: 5
Hi All,

I'm a British guy 44, expat, now living in Prague - ex-KFOL (Kid), ex-TFOL now happy to be an AFOL and I'm thrilled that my 3 year old daughter is having a wonderful time with her City, Friends and just recently introduced to Elves.

She graduated from Duplo long ago after building tigers, hospitals, robots and children (admittedly, they were mostly just a stack of Duplo) but what she wanted them to be in her mind was the main thing.

I'll be asking lots of questions that were asked before so please forgive me for not finding the answer first.

Thrilled to be here - 

LiliAndDaddy.
catwranglerGothamConstructionCokiki180703

Comments

• LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,114
    Great to have you on board! 

Elves is one of my favourite themes too (which I have in common with my 5-year-old niece!).  

Please feel free to ask questions, the search function doesn't always make it easy to find the information you're looking for. If there is a thread that will help answer your question, somebody will post it to point you in the right direction. 
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 963
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,529
    Welcome to the forums! :)
  • LiliAndDaddyLiliAndDaddy Central EuropeMember Posts: 5
    Thank you all and please allow me to ask my first two questions here...

I'd like to get some Lego traffic signs like #9289 

I've also just bought City #60134 based on JangBrick's advice to get it before it's sold out - but where can I get a covering for baby's head in that micro form?  Just some skin coloured 'no hair' baby crown will be fine - or a baby hair or even a summer or winter hat would be even better.

How could I petition Lego to re-release traffic signs?
    How could I tell them that a micro-peg on baby's head should be resolved by a hat/hair piece rather than me telling my daughter that 'well - maybe all of those clever people at Lego didn't think of that before you did.'

:)
    LostInTranslation
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 1,683
    the baby is a new piece, headpiece for them will probably happen one day.

I don't know much about traffic signs, but I've seen those round, square and triangle pieces you can clip on bars, maybe some sets have them with traffic signs stickers.
    Thanks all for your comments - I didn't have permission to edit my own post to add that (despite having a loooong time away from actually playing with Lego until I introduced my daughter to it - I did actually buy myself about seven years ago, two small sets (just a tiny fire-fighter car and a very small airplane) as a display/homage to Lego for my office desk :)
    (I still have them - well, now my daughter does and just by luck, the airplane was mostly orange and white which (with a little modification) is now 'Dusty' from Disney's Planes :)
    catwrangler
    Great to have you on board! 

Elves is one of my favourite themes too (which I have in common with my 5-year-old niece!).  

It seems that I too am my daughter is very pleased with the Elves - just yesterday we added #41174 and we both love it as the second building in our her Elves part of our her Lego world.

Both builds are smaller than I expected from the pre-purchase images but are so wonderfully detailed that I'm sure the Elves section of the Lego world will get much bigger very quickly :)
    catwrangler
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,114
    edited August 2016
    Thank you all and please allow me to ask my first two questions here...

I'd like to get some Lego traffic signs like #9289 

I've also just bought City #60134 based on JangBrick's advice to get it before it's sold out - but where can I get a covering for baby's head in that micro form?  Just some skin coloured 'no hair' baby crown will be fine - or a baby hair or even a summer or winter hat would be even better.

How could I petition Lego to re-release traffic signs?
    How could I tell them that a micro-peg on baby's head should be resolved by a hat/hair piece rather than me telling my daughter that 'well - maybe all of those clever people at Lego didn't think of that before you did.'

:)
    I've spent the afternoon going through hairpieces and headgear and in the course I found a piece that fits the babyfig perfectly:

:-) 
    TheMaker37catwranglerstarwars4everkiki180703stlux
  • starwars4everstarwars4ever The Forest Moon of EndorMember Posts: 354
    I can already tell he's growing up to be a LOTR dwarf. ;)
    catwrangler