You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

[US] Kmart Deals

Kmart.com currently has the following Technic sets on sale at over 20% off:

#42032 - Compact Tracked Loader - RRP: $19.99 - Sale: $15.48
#42033 - Record Breaker - RRP: $19.99 - Sale: $15.99
#42034 - Quad Bike - RRP: $19.99 - Sale: $15.44
#42037 - Formula Off-Roader - RRP: $59.99 - Sale: $43.75 (27% off)

To sweeten the deal:

[ymmv] There is $5 off $45 and a $10 off $75 coupon in Deal Center.

I had a huge amount of SYW points from all the recent clothing MM deals that were about to expire.  Well, it won't be MM (money maker) until I use the points of course.  The discount plus the coupon was good enough of a deal for me to cash in the points and complete the whole process.
davetheoxygenman

Comments

• CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 148
    Does anyone currently know of when certain discounts hit? I've got a Kmart closing within half an hour of me, but I don't want to pop over and check if it's something like only 20% off... Thanks!
  • dspigeldspigel Oahu, HawaiiMember Posts: 243
    I had no idea KMart was still around. 
    madforLEGO
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,576
    ^^There is a Kmart Store closing thread that may have your answers but I'm sure each store closings has their own discount schedule based on factors unique to that store. Kmart Lego selections was never that great when the stores were actually stocked so it's doubtful there will be anything good left when they are down to selling the shelving.
    krklint
  • JodyJody Eastern USAMember Posts: 85
    Series 16 CMF's were $2.99 in my local store today. Whole case of them....YMMV.
    madforLEGOkrklint
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 765
    I think Kmart has had some of the best deals so far, especially on Friends sets.
    exciter1
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 547

Was driving by my only Kmart and decided "what the heck", I'll run in and look.  I thought for a sec I was Rick Grimes from the first episode of The Walking Dead.  Walked in, place was busier that normal, people scurrying around with shopping carts, 2-3 managers standing at the entrance talking to several customers each, dozens of people at the checkout lanes.   I thought I was hallucinating...then I came to my senses and realized...it's Kmart...there's always something weird going on here.

So I walked to the back and looked at the Lego section and there was an employee.  So I asked "What's going on today at Kmart?"  She said, "Kmart just announced today that it's closing."   So I said "this is why people are rushing around the store!?"  She then told me "yes...people are stocking up...this could be one of the last times you get some Lego."  I just rolled my eyes...Yeah sure...at this Kmart, but I can still buy Lego everywhere else...and cheaper than 10% off.  10% off and people are going crazy like it's a zombie apocalypse and they'll never find toilet paper again!

MegtheCat
  • SweepyDSweepyD USMember Posts: 64
    Yeah in my area anymore if someone sneezes and a clearance tag blows into the lego aisle, the sets just vanish. Who cares if its 10% off?! Its a fire sale!!!
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO USMember Posts: 7,349
    scotty12 said:

Was driving by my only Kmart and decided "what the heck", I'll run in and look.  I thought for a sec I was Rick Grimes from the first episode of The Walking Dead.  Walked in, place was busier that normal, people scurrying around with shopping carts, 2-3 managers standing at the entrance talking to several customers each, dozens of people at the checkout lanes.   I thought I was hallucinating...then I came to my senses and realized...it's Kmart...there's always something weird going on here.

So I walked to the back and looked at the Lego section and there was an employee.  So I asked "What's going on today at Kmart?"  She said, "Kmart just announced today that it's closing."   So I said "this is why people are rushing around the store!?"  She then told me "yes...people are stocking up...this could be one of the last times you get some Lego."  I just rolled my eyes...Yeah sure...at this Kmart, but I can still buy Lego everywhere else...and cheaper than 10% off.  10% off and people are going crazy like it's a zombie apocalypse and they'll never find toilet paper again!

They probably saw the 'video professor' infomercial about making money on eBay.
    dspigelBillyBricks84
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 451
    I did get a SW Advent Calendar from them in their Christmas 50% off sale, so that was nice...But Kmart is definitely on the wane. Spend your Shop Your Way money while you can!