Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

hello fellow lego chums

bookmumbookmum londonPosts: 774
hello to all fellow lego fans. I am a 41 year English girl and new to this internet lark (don't laugh) so I hope i'm doing this right. I'm not new to lego though .I got my first set for my 6th birthday and it was the Fabuland set Catherine Cat's House . I then spent the next 6 years growing my fabuland world, getting my last set for my 12th birthday (Hannah Hippo and Mike Monkeys bus). I may not have got any more new sets after that but I never stopped loving my Fabuland. Years later I was starting to be interested in lego again, mostly just admiring from afar but the Star Wars sets came along and it was a bit cool to be an adult and into lego. I bought several of the sets (even though to be honest I wasn't a massive Star Wars fan). This went on for a few years, also buying sets such as some Harry Potter ones, but eventually I stopped. Then 8 years ago I had a daughter and obviously I had to start getting her into this amazing toy. Father Christmas bought her 2 duplo sets when she was 18 months old. She moved to regular lego when she was 4 or so. Now a whole corner of our living room is The Lego Corner. There is the box of random bricks, box of 'her' sets, box of 'my sets' and a box of Lego Friends (technically hers but I think I secretly love it more). Oh and of course a box of the carefully kept Fabuland. I have been very excited to discover there is a whole world of other adult lego fans and I hope some of you out there will become chums with me. Thanks for reading.
ricecakeLostInTranslationcatwranglerBumblepantsMaffyDAllBrick

Comments