You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Jet.com deals

FYI, it's worth checking out Jet.com for recent sets.  Some sets are currently below MSRP.  Given this isn't a 'traditional' spot to purchase lego, many of us may not have accounts on this site. Coupons for 15% off for new customers are readily available and I was able to find one that offers 15% off the first three orders with free shipping above $35. If you add a few items, it tends to lower the price a bit. Also be careful on checkout, you can choose a variety of options of payment/return which can also reduce things a bit.

As an example, I was able to get #75149 for $61.44, putting me below the 10c/piece threshold I seek on Star Wars sets...

Comments

• CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 177
    Not bad! I also saw that if you use the Ibotta shopping app, you can get an additional 5% back from Jet.com orders through the Jet app.
  • ShpadoinkleShpadoinkle 13 hours West of BillundMember Posts: 415
    I have been using jet to get the #60052 cargo train for 40-50% off this year.  If you buy two you save a ton, and they ship straight to you from a nearby TRU!
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    This is some nice potential stacking. Never heard of Ibotta app before but just signed up and see the 5% Jet rebate. But also a $10 Welcome Bonus that says "When you redeem your first rebate within 7 days of registering."

Jet looks just like Amazon, with retired sets up at market prices. Some are just simply jacked up a la TRU style like the Mini Cooper at $149.99 or Architecture Sydney Opera House at $101.49.

The notable sets that I see are legitimately on sale include:
    Palace Cinema ($144.71)
    Ferrari F40 ($96.45)
    Scooby Mystery Mansion ($71.40)
    Jurassic T-Rex Tracker ($55.84)
    Quinjet City Chase ($61.75)
    Darkseid Invasian ($55.96)
    Jokerland ($100.35)
    Resistance X-Wing ($71.11)
    Resistance Troop Transporter ($54.03)
    Encounter on Jakku ($48.24)
    Poe's X-Wing ($65.61)
    FO Transporter ($69.47)
    Captain Rex's AT-TE ($105.90)
    Obi Wan's Interceptor ($21.10)
    Eclipse Fighter ($27.25)
    Hoth Attack ($21.10)
    Droid Escape ($21.20)
    Battle of Takodano ($46.31)

Here's the crazy thing about this website though, the prices keep going lower if you buy multiples of any single item. Using the Resistance X-Wing as an example for 1-5 copies respectively would be $71.11/$67.48/$66.27/$65.66/$65.30.

Plus options to save a few bucks if you 1) Opt out of free returns ($1.50) or 2) Pay by debit card ($1.11) or combination of both Opt out and Debit ($2.58).

And best part is that it is Tax Free! (Except for shipments to Kansas, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Utah) Since I'm in Los Angeles that's 9.0% savings right away.

Then you apply the new Jet customer promo code of 15% off using 'TRIPLE15' to save $30 max (so $200 subtotal max threshold).

Not to mention Free Shipping too!

I ended choosing the following 3 sets to keep it just over $200 subtotal. After everything this is the out of pocket prices:
    Captain Rex's AT-TE = $90.30
    Resistance X-Wing = $60.32
    Encounter on Jakku = $40.93
    Total = $191.55

Then wait on 5% cash back through Ibotta + $10 Welcome Bonus for another $19.58 savings rebate. Bringing the total cost down to $171.97 net price.

A tremendous saving compared to what it would have been normally at $283.36 (RRP+State Tax). Effectively a net savings of 39.3% after all is said and done.

Thanks a lot for the heads up on Jet.com @OUWxGuesser!
    Slightly off topic but the Ibotta app is fantastic for saving money. My fiance and u have both saved hundreds with it. Worth it!
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Alexandria, VAMember Posts: 356
    Slightly off topic but the Ibotta app is fantastic for saving money. My fiance and u have both saved hundreds with it. Worth it!
    I've downloaded it but still haven't figured out what to do with it.  My wife tried explaining it to me but I couldn't follow.  Can you give me an Ibotta for Dummy's explanation for how you and your fiance are using it to save money?  Like a simple example start to finish? 
    Unlock rebates that you want.
    Go to store and buy select items as shown on ibotta.
    Click 'verify purchases' on the app.
    Then you will scan the bar codes of what you buy and take a picture of the receipt. After that, you'll get money credited to your account.
    monstblitz
  • busumoe1busumoe1 Member Posts: 188
    ^What CaptainRogers said but I'd add that it's just different way of doing rebate.  Instead of the old way of cutting out UPC code and mailing in receipts, you now do it all via your smart phone. 

When you are ready to go to the next level, you'd start stacking the ibotta's rebates with coupons, while the items are on sale.  There are lots of deals websites that do all the homework for you.  It was a bit of a game for me; kind of a fun scavenger hunt.  I had to quit this "game" since it was taking up a lot of time.  I did save a lot of money on grocery and other stuff.
    monstblitz
    Yes, as has been pointed out elsewhere I think walmart is in for a surprise when they find out that jet.com has 1/5 the actual customer base, as most peopke that use it have several accounts.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO USMember Posts: 7,478
    Yes, as has been pointed out elsewhere I think walmart is in for a surprise when they find out that jet.com has 1/5 the actual customer base, as most peopke that use it have several accounts.
    Yeah, and like with any major corp that buys a smaller better site, expect the great deals to slowly go away.
    Shpadoinklekiki180703
  • OUWxGuesserOUWxGuesser Member Posts: 91
    Thanks for the info about Ibotta!  I used my 2nd 15% off to get #75148 and #75145 for ~$51.   With a MSRP of $90, that's ~43% off or so.  Yeesh!  Overpriced to start, but at this price, a good deal for ~900 combined bricks. 
    Not a bad price together!
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Super fast shipping too. I just received my Jakku set yesterday, which is 2 days from time of ordering. It came in an Amazon.com box and the packing slip showed "Toy Cetera" as the seller. But still waiting on the 2 large sets to arrive.
    I made an identical order to yours and got the jakku set from the same amazon seller.  By my calculation jet somehow lost $25 on that set alone!
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 595
    First time Jet shopper. Ordered 2x #31026 Bike Shop & Café (already had one). Let's see how it goes :-)
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 581
    Placed my third Jet order today after being very satisfied the first couple of times.  Got a #60132 Service Station for $56.20 out the door, which is probably close to what it should have been in the first place.  $89.99....really Lego?  I mean there are a few unique pieces in this set but not that many.
    JooTogBumblepants
    teal93mr2 said:
    Got a #60132 Service Station for $56.20 out the door, which is probably close to what it should have been in the first place.  $89.99....really Lego?  I mean there are a few unique pieces in this set but not that many.
    Thanks for the tip! Ordered 2 so I could build both versions :-)
    ^Not a bad deal. I might also order with that price.
  • norm103norm103 Member Posts: 178
    Ordered two trains from jet and they were shipped from toysrus and this is how one of them came in. cant say I'm happy or pleased for my first order.  Will see what they have to say. Just an FYI for everone.
    Is that set almost empty???

Oddly enough, yesterday I received my most recent order of two cargo trains from jet.  I opened the box, and it was one cargo train...and one fire station!  I had to do a double take!

Called them up and the customer service rep was super nice and even though I had opted out of free returns sent me a label with no questions asked.  They did offer me a $30 credit if I kept the fire station, but comparing the values of the two sets that would be a pretty dramatic loss on my part!

So back it went today with the assurance that once the return is finalized I will be able to resubmit an order for another train at the same price.
    Dedgeckokiki180703
    My first order, two #31026 Bike Shop & Café arrived in two separate boxes at the same time. The shipping boxes looked like crap, but the LEGO boxes were OK (one with a small crease).

I'll report on the second order when it arrives.

Keeping my eyes open for a deal for the third order.
  • hleonffuhleonffu USAMember Posts: 183
    Received first 2 orders. One came from ToysRUs, the other from Kaplan Early Learning. Both arrived with no issues.
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 488
    So...do you recommend it or not? 
    josekalel said:
    So...do you recommend it or not? 

So far I'm OK with it if you find a good deal and apply the 15% off promo. Currently I don't see anything I want to pick up for my third order; sets I might buy are not discounted and the ones that are I already have.

But after the 15% promo expires, I will probably stick with Amazon as I'm a Prime member.
  • hleonffuhleonffu USAMember Posts: 183
    I agree with @JooTog. Based on current 15% deal on 3 orders, some of the sets are discounted by 30% to 50% which are great deals. Not sure how they can keep doing this with fulfillment coming from various vendors - TRU and Kaplan in my case.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 3,986
    got my jet.com order (came from Kaplan).  Included the service station and the VIP limo/jet set on good prices, plus the 15% discount.

arrived in separate packages. shipping boxes were fine, and both included (too much) air pillows, which led to slightly dented lego boxes (nothing egregious). they were personal use, so didn't care much.
    As promised, here's my "report" on my second order from Jet:

Both sets (2x #60132 Service Station) arrived in the same shipping box; in contrast, the first order (2x #31026 Bike Shop & Café) came in two different shipping boxes.

This time around, they were better packed, but still one of the sets has a small crease in the box (I don't mind, but others might); the other set is... whatever the word is for the one on the right (this one bothers me more).

Both have their seals in perfect condition.

So as of right now Jet.com has 60134 Fun in the Park set for $30.53. If order over $35 of product, you can get free shipping and use an extra 15% off bonus code! 2 of these sets in my cart is down to just under $50 total.
    I just or an email that Jet.com gave me a free $5 in Jet cash. It expires next week, so I would suggest checking your email or app for the same.
  • erequenaerequena TXMember Posts: 50
    JET.com has a 30% discount on lego with code GMA30, which might not be very impressive, but they have a LOT of sets on discount, which makes some sets %50 (i.e. Ninjago M.E.C.) and other pretty close to 50%
    SirBenkiki180703floridabricksolid_striderChubbles
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 419
    With the GMA30 coupon code, 2 copies of #60134 Fun in the Park come right around 50% off!

Thank you, @erequena
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 1,949
    6 copies of Ghost Rider are $8.34 each. 58% off or if you factor tax on $19.99, 60% off. Unless you just get lucky and find them 75% off somewhere that's as good as that set is ever gonna be. Probably too early to buy if you are investing, but they will make great birthday gifts :)
  • JodyJody Eastern USAMember Posts: 104
    #60052 City Cargo train is $106.99 with coupon.
    madforLEGOsolid_striderZon
    Jody said:
    Sadly there is a $30 off limit, so any set valued over $100 will not apply the full 30%

erequena said:
    Jody said:
    Sadly there is a $30 off limit, so any set valued over $100 will not apply the full 30%
    Correct, which comes to 106.99 in cart,
    edited November 2016
    Jody said:
    What coupon?
    EDIT: nevermind see it above
    GMA30, about 5 posts above yours :) 

Actually when I use that code and go to checkout it has the price of #60052 back up to 147 and change. Not sure why though.
    Actually when I use that code and go to checkout it has the price of #60052 back up to 147 and change. Not sure why though.
    Are you logged in with an account? It actually comes up as 105.89 on the "place order" screen for me. I didn't actually go ahead and order though.
    Jody said:
    Are you logged in with an account? It actually comes up as 105.89 on the "place order" screen for me. I didn't actually go ahead and order though.

I logged in, used the code, and it took it from 106 and change back up to 147 before placing the order (after I logged in) saying the code was applied.

Also, I did not see how someone could get 6 ghost rider sets, it appears there is a limit of three and not sure if I am just missing the way to circumvent that limit or something.

Finally I had an order for 2 Fun in the parks and 3 ghost rider sets, giving me a total of about 78 dollars and change with coupons applied. Then when I submitted the order the confirmation screen said the price was 107 and change so I immediately cancelled the order, and now the GMA30 code is seen as 'used' by me.

All I can say is Jet lost my business and people probably need to check what they are charged vs what they thought they were paying as it seems their site plays some games.

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I do not think I did.
  • solid_stridersolid_strider TexasMember Posts: 133
    I got my order in for a #60052 about an hour ago and the final total came out to $105.51.  The DC Killer Croc/Battank is also a good deal at around $42, which is nearly 50% off MSRP.
    Thanks OP! With the 30% off code and my $10 credit from using Android Pay, I got 3 Ghost Riders, Rey's Speeder, Resistance Battle Pack, and Encounter on Jakku for $57.98! 
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 418
    Yea this was a solid deal, thanks OP!
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 64

Just ordered these!!! Great price!! Thanks for tip!!  I'll let you know condition on Wednesday!!
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 602
    I was playing around with a few things in my cart and the promo code went from working to displaying as invalid.
    GIR3691 said:
    I was playing around with a few things in my cart and the promo code went from working to displaying as invalid.
    Good to know it did not just happen to me.
    Same here: invalid code :-(
    Make sure that the code Triple15 isn't automatically applied. I had to cancel it to use the 30% off code.
    I cancelled the TRIPLE15 (have 1 order left) and it still did not work.
    Read the same thing on a random thread someplace else. People were creating multiple accounts to get above the $30 limit on multiple items... maybe that's why its not active anymore.
  • ZonZon Member Posts: 214
    edited November 2016
    Thankfully, I had no problem getting $30 off the cargo train - the kids will be excited come Christmas morning!