Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

The Star Wars REBELS series/theme topic

TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski AmsterdamMember Posts: 1,093
As a big fan of the cartoon series REBELS, I thought it a good idea to have one thread where we can discuss everything related to this very fun and exciting animated Star Wars series, and tie it all in with all the Star Wars sub-theme 'Rebels' Lego sets which have been released, and the ones that will be released in the future.

I know @xwingpilot started this thread:
http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/22528/star-wars-canon-fodder#latest
in the off-topic section, which I appreciate very much, as a way of discussing everything and anything somehow related to the SW universe. However I feel our Lego forum needs a specific topic where this cartoon series can be discussed as well as all the Lego sets based on this cartoon series.

Here is the trailer for the coming Star Wars Rebels Season Three which premieres September 24th :

For more info on Star Wars Rebels:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Rebels
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/star-wars-rebels

Of all the sets released so far, my five favourites are:
#75053   The Ghost
#75048   The Phantom
Odd that these two ships are two separate sets, but combined (as they should be) it is both such a wonderful display set (IMO), as well as a fantastic playset I imagine. Also if you have these two sets you will already have five of the six main protagonists of the show: Ezra Bridger; Kanan Jarrus; Hera Syndulla; Zeb Orrelios; and C1-10P a.k.a 'Chopper' the grumpy astro-mech droid.
#75150   Darth Vader's Tie Advanced vs. A-wing Starfighter
This set does not only contain two awesome spaceships, that IMO are really well designed, but this set also contains the sixth main protagonist/character of the show: Sabine Wren, a former Imperial academy cadet from Mandalore turned rogue. She sports the Mandalorion bounty-hunter outfit, and is the crew's demolition expert with an artistic twist. If you hadn't noticed yet, I think she is probably my favourite character of the bunch. The other three excellent minifigs in this set are of course: Darth Vader; Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin; and last but not least a really cool female A-wing pilot.
#75082   Tie Advanced Prototype
Another really nicely executed Tie-fighter in Lego, with three minifigs. Two of whom look outstanding: the Grand Inquisitor (the first brother, I assume, until his untimely demise, at the end of season one, even though he has reappeared in a different shape in season two); Imperial officer Cumberlayne Aresko who ironically got executed by one of the other minifigs in this set (guess who?!); and last a 'Rebels' version of a Tie-fighter Pilot, whose printing, unfortunately similar to that of the stormtroopers, is a little different from the other 'regular' Tie-Fighter minifigs.
#75083   AT-DP (all terrain defense pod)
Lovely looking bipedal walker, which regrettably does not have posable legs. To me this is somewhat of a design flaw, as I believe the Lego designer could have given the legs actual ankle, knee, and hip joints, so you can pose the walker in a actual walking stance. Still apart from this it is a wonderfully well designed Lego build. It comes with four minifigs: Agent Kallus from the Imperial Security Bureau (ISB), one of the main antagonists of the entire series so far. The minifig is reall nice, and the character is also interesting in that he throughout the series has been given more depth, and consequently is now more rounded, so you get to actually relate to him. I am curious about how the writers of the show will further develop him, and even wonder if he might at some point defect, or if he will continue his strong resolve to fight for and serve the Empire? I love the two AT-DP pilot minifigs, superb design. It also contains a droopy moustachio 'Rebels' stormtrooper (nuff said).

So Which sets do you all like the best from this series?
What sets have you collected so far from Rebels?
Do you try to collect them all, or only some of them?
Which vehicles/spaceships or locations, and characters do you hope TLG will turn into Lego sets and minifigures?

What do you like about the animated series? And what do you hope will happen in future episodes in SW Rebels?

etcetera etcetera..

Looking forward to all your input, and an animated discussion on SW Rebels.

bandit778GoldchainsJohnyk668stluxsolid_striderxwingpilotVBaskin2008

Comments

• GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 673
    I have only seen a couple of episodes of Rebels unfortunately, but I have heard it has really ramped up and the storylines are far better.  I'm basically an OT collector(with some exceptions), but several of the sets I find very intriguing.  
    I bought #75082 Tie Advanced Prototype, and I have to say it is a very nice model with stellar minifigs(the Inquisitor is fantastic).
    I am definitely going to buy the TIE Advanced vs. A-Wing.  I am also very intrigued by the Combat Frigate.  The minifigs look very good, and who doesn't need a Rebellion capital ship?
    TheBigLegoskistluxVBaskin2008
  • MissKittyFantasticoMissKittyFantastico AustraliaMember Posts: 188
    I've only seen season one thus far - only one available on dvd - but I really enjoyed it.  Likewise the first wave of sets - I like the AT-DP and TIE-A prototype for seeing the lineage of design through those early versions to their descendants (same reason as I like all the sets that comprise the X-Wing 'family tree'), the Wookiee gunship was... well I dunno, I had fun putting it together and it's different, I can live with that... and of course the Ghost/Phantom combo is the star of the shelf (and I had to get the speeder bikes for Sabine, but whatever).  And even the minifighter Ghost, for the extra Hera (one piloting the full-size ship, one on display in the open).

Since then though it's been tough getting a hold of some of the sets without resorting to the Lego online shop, which I'd rather not since they tried to bill me for the Helicarrier three times (hint: I didn't buy three Helicarriers).  The Imperial transport ship never showed up, and the A-Wing/TIE-A set won't be on shelves either; nor Rex's AT-TE, but I wasn't going to get that anyway.  'Luckily' the combat frigate did manage to get into an actual physical shop (the inverted commas are because that shop was Toys R Us, but beggars can't be choosers), which is a big deal for me since I adore Ahsoka and most definitely wanted her new minifig.

For the future, well, there have been very few bad Star Wars sets, so long as they don't just make new versions of vehicles I already have (I was on the fence about the A-Wing/TIE-A set for that reason, the TIE-A being pretty much the same craft as I have already and the A-Wing not especially different, though I probably would have got it anyway), I'll keep snapping them up.  Provided I actually can; a Thrawn minifig would test my resolve re: avoiding the online store, but having the Ghost and main crew already, I'm not sure I can really think of any other sets I wouldn't just let pass by if I can't pick them up in person.
    TheBigLegoskidspigelVBaskin2008
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski AmsterdamMember Posts: 1,093
    edited September 2016
    @Goldchains ;  
    Hi,
    I am not sure if you are referring to hearsay from people who often compare it to the animated Clone Wars series. And for the record I do not know that SW cartoon series very well at all, having only seen some of it, so I want to avoid getting into a debate, which others of course are free to engage in, about why 'clone wars' series is supposedly better according to some of its fans. This is the SW Rebels topic, so I prefer focussing on Rebels. However the comments I have read from people claiming Rebels "has really ramped up and the storylines are far better" who do make that comparison, in my opinion seem to forego the fact that in storytelling, characters (especially new characters) need time to be introduced, given a history, so that an dramatic arc can be spun. I have read quite a few times people dismissing many Rebels episodes, especially from season one, as being full of 'filler' episodes. I enjoyed all the episodes, though of course some more than others, but some of those 'stand alone' episodes which take a brake from the larger story line (the galactic conflict), and just focus in on the adventure of one or two characters, really make those characters come alive as opposed to remaining two-dimensional. Maybe Rebels is more character driven than Clone Wars, which from what I remember from the few episodes and the movie I did see, focussed on the conflict between the republic and separatist, and all the political machinations of the sith, using established characters from the prequel trilogy movies battling it out. 

The Tie-Advanced(v1) Prototype, which does have a hyperdrive and shields, is used by by all the inquisitors. So far TLG have only made two inquisitor minifigs, but they all seem to have their own Tie-Advanced prototype fighter. Suppose i see it higly discounted I would grap an extra set immediately.
    #75157 Captain Rex's AT-TE contains the 'Fifth Brother', I haven't build that set yet. But I think that minifig is the most epic one in that particular set.

I am not sure if I am sold on the combat frigate yet!?! I do like two of the minifigs I would love to add to my collection from that set: Ahsoka Tano; and Commander Sato. Would be nice if those two characters will be included in a cheaper set in the future. I think TLG should put more minifigs in such a big and expensive set. Eight instead of just five. Also the interior seems not only barren but also rather small for such a big set that costs a whopping €140 here in the Netherlands. Which btw is €20 more than this set costs in Germany at regular RRP. Quite ridiculous.
    If I can afford it, I probably buy #75106 Gozanti-class Cruiser first. Seems like a nice build, and display model. Though this set is not on the top of my wish list either.

I personally hope TLG will design a proper 'Shadow Caster' spaceship, I love to have a set with that ship, and of course the character Ketsu Onyo to go along with it, as well as Sabine (with her helmet), and a couple of other unique minifigs such as Hondo Ohnaka.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lancer-class_pursuit_craft

MosdvsVBaskin2008
  • dspigeldspigel HonoluluMember Posts: 368
    I personally like the rebels cartoon just as much as the clone wars. Both are great for expanding the Star Wars story beyond the movies (I also enjoy the books too). I'm excited to see what new Legos season 3 will bring to use. I am perticularly looking forward to a possible Thrawn minifig. Either way it will be a fun year. I'm sure 2017 will bring us new and innovative sets for the Star Wars Universe. 
    bandit778BuriedinBricksTheBigLegoskiVBaskin2008
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the WestMember Posts: 1,843
    Rebels and Clone Wars are awesome cartoons unlike Droids. Freemakers is still up in the air for me.

the introduction of new characters, more specifically as Lego minifigs, like the inquisitors has been a breath of fresh air for me. I was getting tired of army building.

The depth and complexity of the non OT characters plus the darker, more mature notes make this more of a TFOL/AFOL series than a kiddie one.

i would love for them to release all of the inquisitors eventually as well as some planet/setting play sets. It'll add more depth to their Lego lineup.
    TheBigLegoski
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,303
    @dspigel I had given up any hope for a Thrawn figure until that trailer came out. It has to happen now!
    dspigelSprinkleOtterTheBigLegoskiVBaskin2008
  • solid_stridersolid_strider TexasMember Posts: 163
    I really like the Rebels cartoon.  Not going to lie, some of the episodes in Season 2 made the show my most anticipated TV for the week last fall and spring, and Season 3 looks even better.  I didn't watch Clone Wars past the first movie and a few episodes in season 1 before I gave up on it, but I'll probably go back and pick it up from the beginning since characters and storylines are cropping up outside of it.  

Like @Goldchains, I really try to stick to OT-only to limit the scope of purchases, but I broke that for some of the Rebels sets.  Aside from the ITT, polybags and Ghost microfighter, I've picked up the five sets the OP listed and enjoy them all quite a bit.  Still waiting for a decent discount on the Rex AT-TE, but I'll get it for myself for Christmas.  Here's to hoping the new Phantom will have the Seventh Sister... and Thrawn, Wedge, Sato and Ashoka.  And a Mando helmet for Sabine :) !
    GoldchainsTheBigLegoskiVBaskin2008
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,571
    @solid_strider new phamton is rumoured to have Thrawn, blind Kanan and Chopper.
    solid_striderTheBigLegoskiVBaskin2008
  • solid_stridersolid_strider TexasMember Posts: 163
    I actually just saw that on another board, thanks @Redbullgivesuwind!  Hopefully they update Chopper somehow too... and sneak in a Mando helmet as a bonus!
    VBaskin2008
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 653
    Rebels is a great addition to the Star Wars canon; although not yet on par with the best seasons of The Clone Wars, it's getting there. Season 2 had an amazing finale and great episodes leading to it. The fact that *spoiler*Ahsoka*spoiler* shows up in the series is a plus for me (I LOVE the character and I think it's the best female character in the entire universe so far)...and the fact that up to know, it has a droid with a crappy attitude (Chopper), he's an a**hole.

The sets...well, I have very few. Assembled I only have # 750418 Phantom and #75078 Imperial Troop Transport, and ready to be assembled are the #75083 AT-AD, and #75106 Imperial Assault Carrier. I wish I had been able to get the TIE Prototype went it went on sale, and I'm waiting for the #75157 Captain Rex's AT-TE to go on sale. 

I think there are not that many sets for this, but the few ones are good enough. Can't wait to have a Thrawn figure.
    TheBigLegoskiVBaskin2008
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,392
    I still must say that I prefer the CW sets and series to Rebels. It had a lot more depth to it. A lot of different moral points (and, heck the good guys actually lost once in a while).
    VBaskin2008
  • MosdvsMosdvs Dallas, TXMember Posts: 58

I actually prefer Rebels over CW sets. The faces on clone wars mini figures were soooooo ugly...but that's just my opinion.

TheBigLegoskigmonkey76xwingpilotVBaskin2008
  • natro220natro220 USAMember Posts: 484
    I still must say that I prefer the CW sets and series to Rebels. It had a lot more depth to it. A lot of different moral points (and, heck the good guys actually lost once in a while).

You must not have seen the newest episodes of Rebels.  The last episode in particular was devastating to the "good guys".

CW and Rebels are like apples and oranges.  They both have their pros and cons.  CW was a more realistic (less cartoonish) and darker look at the inner workings of a massive years long war, from the perspective of a huge number of characters.  While this made for a nice variety of stories and stand alone episodes, it did not really do much for character development (aside from the core players, Anakin and Ahsoka).

Rebels' continuity provides a less disjointed storyline in my opinion.  Season 2, with the addition of Vader and Ahsoka, I thought was some of the best story telling in the Star Wars Universe, period.  But everyone's entitled their opinion.

TheBigLegoskiMosdvsdougtsbandit778VBaskin2008
    Mosdvs said:

I actually prefer Rebels over CW sets. The faces on clone wars mini figures were soooooo ugly...but that's just my opinion.

Yes those minifig face prints were such a freak show, I never liked them either. Plenty of the sets had good builds (judging from pictures, as I don't own, or ever build any of them) but the minifigs (at least the faces) were horrible. Glad the Rebel figs have got the nice and funny 'regular' good looking minifig faces.
    MosdvsVBaskin2008
    natro220 said:

You must not have seen the newest episodes of Rebels.  The last episode in particular was devastating to the "good guys".

CW and Rebels are like apples and oranges.  They both have their pros and cons.  CW was a more realistic (less cartoonish) and darker look at the inner workings of a massive years long war, from the perspective of a huge number of characters.  While this made for a nice variety of stories and stand alone episodes, it did not really do much for character development (aside from the core players, Anakin and Ahsoka).

Rebels' continuity provides a less disjointed storyline in my opinion.  Season 2, with the addition of Vader and Ahsoka, I thought was some of the best story telling in the Star Wars Universe, period.  But everyone's entitled their opinion.

But still, they won. Sure, Kanan lost his vision (from the looks of the S3 trailer, he gets it back on Dathomir). But take a look at the CW episode Supply lines. The Republic very clearly lost.
    VBaskin2008
    Just finished building Rex's AT-TE
    Really fun set, and I think it looks good too. It is big, full on minifigure scale. Cockpit has room for one figure, and the compartment in the back is big enough to put many mini's in. I bought it for my self, but if you are looking for a fun play-set with a ton of play-features for kids, I don't think you can go wrong with this one. I think any kid will love this set!

Only I haven't applied all the stickers. I need to contact TLG, because the sticker sheet included with this set is all wavy and bubbly. Never seen this before. The stickers won't apply well. 
    josekalelbandit778dspigelsolid_striderVBaskin2008
  • Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 776
     I only just watched Rebels as the kids wanted to watch 'some star wars'. Absolutely love it! The period, the story, the plot, the music!, the sound effects! Its all perfect. I'm so excited to see more and find out what's going to happen between the end of Rebels and the start of Rogue One.

When the first Lego sets cane out I pretty much ignored them but now I'd love a Ghost. Here's hoping for a UCS one next year!
    TheBigLegoskibandit778BrickDancerVBaskin2008
  • starwars4everstarwars4ever The Forest Moon of EndorMember Posts: 330
    Can't wait for new season tomorrow!!!
    VBaskin2008
    ^ You mean the day after tomorrow.
    VBaskin2008
  • starwars4everstarwars4ever The Forest Moon of EndorMember Posts: 330
    Yes, already thinking today is Friday!
    MegtheCatVBaskin2008
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,120
    I was lucky enough to see the first two episodes of season three at Star Wars Celebration Europe and they were fantastic. Look out for a reference to a familiar character from the Original Trilogy towards the end of the second episode!
    VBaskin2008
    @CapnRex101 ;
    The trailer already gave away that Wedge Antilles will be introduced in season 3. The X-Wing pilot that was in all three OT films, and survived all of the aerial battles he was in: Yavin; Hoth; Endor.
    Now you have made me really curious to which familiar character from the OT there is a reference in the second episode.
    Hope the first episode will be 45 minute long, just like the first episodes of the first and second season.

Somehow it would not surprise me if both Obiwan as well as Boba Fett show up in the new season of Rebels, just like a couple of other OT characters did in last season. It is just my guess, or rather wishful thinking.

ps.
    Been reading a bit here and there on wookipedia as well as other sites. Just found out that Ezra Bridger is two days older than Luke and Leia. Luke is 19 years old at the battle of Yavin. Ezra turned fifteen in season one, he was born on 'Empire day'. I am wondering how many months or more have passed since that episode (Empire Day - episode 7, season 1) now that season 3 starts? 
    VBaskin2008
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,634
    Wait, Luke and Leia are the same age?
    GoldchainsSprinkleOtterKevin_HyattTheBigLegoskiMegtheCatVBaskin2008TyresOFlaherty
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 615
    MattsWhat said:
    Wait, Luke and Leia are the same age?

TheBigLegoskiMattsWhatBuriedinBricksjosekalelstluxVBaskin2008jaitheartistTyresOFlaherty
    Wondering who has watched the first episode of season three: 'Steps into Shadow' ?

Don't want to spoil the plot, so I won't. Though I do want to mention the names of certain characters from this episode, who I hope will appear in future Lego sets as minifigures, or in case they already do exist, who will be updated as their appearance has changed. All of them were already shown in the trailers btw.

Imperials:

• Agent Kallus (every season his rank insignia on his chest changes). He does not wear his helmet that often. I do not have the version of him with hairpiece, which in that particular colour up till now is exclusive (I think?!). I have been messing about a bit trying to make a bow-rifle that looks more like his weapon in the cartoon. Though so far not to my satisfaction.
    • Governor Arihnda Pryce with her bobcat haircut. (hope when TLG designs her minifig, they will get her uniform right including rank insignia and code cylinders)
    • Brom Titus with his mega sideburns and black officer's uniform. B.t.w. What is up with a navy officer dressed in black? I thought only stormtrooper officers wore black uniforms?! Not that there is anything wrong with black uniforms.
    • Admiral Konstantine
    • Grand Admiral Thrawn, I hope TLG will turn this red eyed, blue skinned, calm and collected calculating strategist into an epic minifig!

Rebels:

• Sabine Wren definitely needs a new hairpiece (white and purple coloured). Also a newly moulded more tussled hairpiece would be great. As well as printing on both her arms and legs, as well as jet-pack.
    • Kanan Jarrus wears a different outfit, has a beard, and needs different eyes, and a mask.
    • Garazeb Orrelios no longer has sleeves on his new yellow outfit.
    • Ezra has a different haircut, as well as outfit.
    • Rex has not changed much. Still I would love to have him with duo moulded arms and legs, plus arm and leg printing as well as his clone trooper helmet with some blue decals on it.
    • Hondo Ohnaka, can't wait for TLG to turn him into a minifig. Long overdue!

Given all the nice brick build dragons, other creatures, and Mecha's TLG has made for Ninjago and other sci-fi themes, I would love to see a set that includes a 'dismantler droid'  with plenty of articulation points and joints, and a proper Y-wing that can fit a regular astro-droid as well as the smaller Chopper.

dspigelVBaskin2008
    Hondo appeared in #7753. He would benefit from a rebels version refresh. I can tell TLG has plenty of new material coming their way from the rebels franchise. I also can't wait to see what they can do with it. A new change has already been leaked for 2017.
    TheBigLegoskiVBaskin2008
  • scoiltreasascoiltreasa Ireland Member Posts: 1,243
    Loved the premiere and can't wait for more Thrawn! 
    TheBigLegoskiVBaskin2008
    @dspigel 
    That Hondo face print does not look too bad for a clone wars minifig, especially compared to the other two figures in that set. What do you mean: "a new change has already been leaked for 2017"?

The only entry on Brickset concerning Rebels for 2017 is a 'Phantom Mark II' set.
    #75170        without any further info
    I wonder how big they will make it. I am kind of torn, given that I already have the Ghost with a matching phantom. Even though these ships are not full on minifig size, which would require the Ghost to be a lot bigger, but a full size minifig Phantom with enough room to fit about seven minifigs in it would be fantastic. In the cartoon there are six fold-up seats up against the sides in the back/cargo/passenger hold, and one pilot seat up front. Room to put Chopper in his Astromech pod on the roof. A turret gun behind Chopper on the roof. both a door in the back as well as a small hatch underneath the ship, which they use when docked to the Ghost. Foldable wings with a smoother surface instead of how it is done on #75048   which given its size it is designed pretty clever. Though if they make the new Phantom bigger, will the ship not look odd and way too big, next to many of the other SW Rebels sets!?!

VBaskin2008
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,120
    So did anyone catch the mention of a particular Rebel Alliance general towards the end of the episode? The crowd went into rapture when it was dropped at Star Wars Celebration!
    solid_striderVBaskin2008
    @TheBigLegoski

I didn't know it was registered as The Phantom Mark II. This leads me to believe it's just a new vehicle for the series. The leaked photos do not show it's full scale but you can tell it isn't massive. I'm sure I will pick it up when released. I can't wait to watch the new season tonight. T minus 6 hours.
    VBaskin2008
    Maybe the Phantom Mark II will look nothing like its predecessor? In the trailers of season three I thought I saw the Ghost fly around a couple of times with another ship 'magna-locked' to its underside. Don't know of course which ship that would be, but it looked a bit like Dash Rendar's Outrider, or it could be the Shadow Caster.
    VBaskin2008
    @TheBigLegoski have you not seen the leaked prelims of the new phantom? Includes Chopper S3 Kanan and Thrawn. 
    VBaskin2008
    @scoiltreasa  
    Nope. I have not seem those leaks. And in all honesty I don't really know which sites to check to be 'in the zone' and catch a glimpse of all the leaks whenever something leaks.

Anyway, it is nice that it includes those three minifigs. Everybody who likes Rebels wants to have Thrawn, and have the new Kanan Jarrus. Plus, Chopper has only been in two sets (not counting that comiccon set), so I imagine plenty of Lego fans want to have that figure too. I will probably use an extra Chopper to mix up with parts from a double R2-D2 and make two other different astro-mech droids out of them. You can never have enough astromechs in your SW universe.
    scoiltreasaVBaskin2008
    @scoiltreasa  
    Thanks.
    Really like how it looks. I wonder if it will fit onto the Ghost? But I don't see Thrawn. I do see Jarrus in the cockpit. Or rather I know it is him because of his mask. So they have given him a new hairpiece with a mask. Good!

(Btw. I like the other two SW sets too, especially Yoda's Jedi StarFighter, with the astromech.)
    VBaskin2008
    No image of thrawn just yet but CM4Sci confirmed he's included and he's usually right about these things
    TheBigLegoskiVBaskin2008
    Who has seen the latest season 3 Rebels episode:The Holocrons of Fate?

Another great episode!

Can't wait to see all the other ones.
    VBaskin2008
    I didn't much care for the latest episode. Not a whole lot happened. That and Kannan should be dead- you can't survive in space for that long, last I checked...
    VBaskin2008
    @SprinkleOtter ;        
    I liked how this episode is packed with plot development and hints/hidden clues for what is to come, and must follow later in this season (or beyond it). Actually, a lot happened in this episode. The dynamic between Jedi Knight and Padawan/apprentice, the contrast between Jedi and Sith, as well as the blurred lines and slippery slopes in between the Light side and the Dark side of the force. Balance vs. disturbance. The further character development and bonding of the main characters. The consequence of merging the holocrons will have.

About Kannan: he was only in the vacuum of space for a fraction of a minute; 18 seconds at most. Would a human being be able to survive that long in the vacuum of space (no air pressure, no oxygen to breath, extreme temperatures (mostly very cold or quite hot), and being exposed to radiation we are not exposed to here in the troposphere on Earth) for about 20 seconds? Honestly I don't know as I have never attempted it myself.  ;P
    This is what you will find on Wikipedia about it:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_exposure  
    However this is SW, a sci-fi/fantasy universe, where some of the laws of physics do not (always) apply, or are just completely ignored. Plus he is a Jedi who uses his magical supernatural powers to pull him self back into the hanger bay. Personally, it did not break the suspension of disbelief for me. Prior to Kannan being thrown out of the airlock, the only thing I was wondering was 'why was Kannan so gullible?', 'Why didn't the writers, or rather how could the writers have been a bit more convincing with Maul deceiving Kannan'.  Apart from that, to me this episode was solid.

ps.
    I did not know that Maul once ruled over all Mandalorians / the Mandalorian planet(s) / star system.

pps.
    The only Lego set I can imagine being designed based on this episode is a set with a large elaborate Brick build Bendu creature, and possibly those spiders.
    Anyone else have any thoughts on what sets they wish / imagine to be designed based on this particular episode? If any should be designed at all based on this episode?!?!?
    VBaskin2008
  • Johnyk668Johnyk668 Melbourne, Australia Member Posts: 63
    **** Spoiler alert ****
    Well there isn't  because I haven't seen the latest episode but do think of others before posting. 

VBaskin2008
    Johnyk668 said:
    **** Spoiler alert ****
    Well there isn't  because I haven't seen the latest episode but do think of others before posting. 

This is a specific up to date predictions on what lego sets we may get from rebels season 3 so of course the episodes will be discussed. If you don't want to see it don't look in this thread.
    Johnyk668SprinkleOtterstarwars4everKevin_HyattVBaskin2008
  • Johnyk668Johnyk668 Melbourne, Australia Member Posts: 63
    Hey thanks for that tip, really helped me out. 
    I was only hinting if you are going to tell us about the episode and not a random thought on the theme as a whole, it would be nice to be warned.  
    dspigelBuriedinBricksVBaskin2008
    edited October 2016
    @Johnyk668           
    Sorry,
    I will add a "**** Spoiler alert ****" to my posts next time, even though I think I haven't really spoiled much or anything of the plot, and you can still watch the episode without actually knowing all things that transpired, as I did not give an actual summary of the entire episode.

I thought what I wrote rather harmless, given the fact that the title of the episode all ready is a strong indicator about what to expect in this episode. It was and is not my intention to spoil it for others who have not seen all episodes released so far, yet I love discussing this show. From what I understand some people have only watched the first season, while we are already in season three.

If you really do not want to know anything about all things related to Rebels perhaps you might want to avoid reading this topic until you are up-to-date on everything that has happened so far in the series.

Is it fair not to expect people who have seen all episodes to freely want to discuss anything about them? E.g.: knowledge of a future Lego set yet to be released for this SW sub-theme, without having seen pictures, but just the set name, in a sense can be seen as a plot spoiler too. Where should we draw the line then?
    Johnyk668VBaskin2008

Since requested, ***Spoiler Alert****

I think they could make a set with a couple of the spider creatures attacking them in a cave of sorts, it could be called "Seeking the Sith Holocron" or something.  Also, Darth Maul's ship looked interesting, like Obiwan's Starfighter but flatter.  I don't see Lego making a huge creature like Bendu, brick built or a new mold.  There were definitely more set possibilities in the first episode, though.

VBaskin2008
    I believe Maul's ship was an old Mandalorian fighter- LEGO even made one before.
    VBaskin2008
    @natro220        &    @SprinkleOtter           
    I think it was this type of starship:
    http://brickset.com/sets/9525-1/Pre-Vizsla-s-Mandalorian-Fighter
    Since I have not seen the vast majority of Clone Wars cartoon episodes, I did not know Maul ruled over the Mandalorians for a while. But since he has, it is not entirely illogical that he flies in such a ship. I wonder what happened to his Sith Infiltrator?
    VBaskin2008
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 1,244
    @TheBigLegoski You really should watch Clone Wars; some interesting things happen to Maul ;)
    VBaskin2008

His Sith Infiltrator is probably still sitting on some sand dune on Tattooine (or buried in the sand). 

I still wouldn't be surprised if Lego made Darth Maul's new ship, since they tend to like to make vehicles over location sets.  It would also be a way to get a Rebel's Maul figure.  They could maybe include part of the bay of his base, and include some of the droids he had.

stluxVBaskin2008