Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Greetings from Texas

MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 165
Hello, my name is Meg and I'm a Lego fan, more precisely, an AFOL. I've been reading the forum for awhile now, and finally decided it's time to come out of the shadows so to speak.

I can't say that I really had a "dark ages" as much as my parents did an excellent job at keeping the very existence of Lego out of my consciousness for most of my childhood. My sister and I had maybe 2 smallish basic building sets and that's it. I've no idea whatever became of those bricks, much to my dismay.

My first adult purchase was #7194 Yoda which I found on clearance at Target years back. But my dark ages continued until The Lego Movie turned me on to collecting minifigures. One day last August, one of the sellers I was buying from recommended I would be better off buying sets. He was right - building is fun! 

In just over a year of buying sets I am already facing space issues (due to my being a bit of a pack rat), but finding Brickset has been a blessing because I can keep track of my collections much more easily. And also find more stuff I want;p! 

LEGO_Dad77catwranglerMosdvsstlux

Comments