Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

boosterbricks.com

My brother found this place (http://boosterbricks.com/ ) on Facebook and told me about it. It looks like they sell bulk parts packs and a monthly subscription service for boxes of pieces. Has anyone else here heard about it? What do you think?

Comments

• RakulRakul USAMember Posts: 138
    Never heard of them.  Looking at the Booster packs they give virtually no information aside from the piece count.  They may be ok but something looks off to me.
  • brickmattbrickmatt Member Posts: 67
    I was thinking the same thing. They're selling some pieces individually, some of which are pieces from older themes. It doesn't say where any of the parts come from, used or new, etc.

I will say though that they have been on Facebook for a few months at least before starting this website, running giveaways and the like. My brother had bought a random figure once for me once (I'm not on Facebook so I don't know what the listing was specifically); the figure turned out to be random parts and accessories, which appeared to be in good condition.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,007
    I can say whether they are legit or not, but I don't think anything on their site looks like a good deal.  Random parts packs for 7 to 8 cents a piece?  no thanks.  I know I'm going to be getting 1) mostly "leftovers" that couldn't be sold off/used elsewhere and 2) no cohesive sets of pieces that works together - sizes, colors, types, etc.  500 light grey 1x bricks of random lengths would be great.  500 multicolored pieces of every imaginable color/type/size combination?  what am I going to do with that?
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,007
    the domain admin contact is located in Queensland, Australia.  Which may or may not mean anything
  • LEGO_Dad77LEGO_Dad77 Northeastern CaliforniaMember Posts: 194
    edited October 2016
    I did one of their Finish The Comic packs a couple months ago for just under $15. I never completed my entry build, but I got 200+ pieces plus 2 Minifigures (skeleton guy and a Battle Droid) added to my piece count. The pieces were used, but that didn't bother me, I wash all my second hand LEGO already anyway. I might order more later, and another store I found through FaceBook is Shop Minifigs, they have daily giveaways!