You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Hello from Wiltshire

TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 383
Hi all, I have just joined the forums. I have been collecting Lego for a number of years. It all started when the Mrs bought me a Taj Mahal one year. I now have significant collection, with most of it still in the box waiting to be built. I seem to find time to buy Lego, but then fail to find the time to build it, and somehow opening the boxes doesn't always seem right! I have a huge minifigure collection and around 95% of the LOTR characters. Only a few still to track down (but the prices are getting a bit off-putting)! My real passion of buying parts on Bricklink and other places to build unique and retired sets. I have posted a lost of my projects on the "What are you building right now" thread. Currently I am in love with the Arvo Brothers Lego Chest Burster model and I am desperately seeking a part list to see if ti would be feasible to build it. so if anyone can help I would be very grateful! Thanks. TF
MaffyD

Comments

• MaffyDMaffyD HuddersfieldMember Posts: 1,343
    Hello (again)! I see you've started a thread about that Arvo model - I'm sure you'll get some good responses and help there. I like the LotR sets/minifigs as well, although by necessity I limited my purchases to a few key models in the theme. I share your bought/built ratio concerns as well - there are a number of very large models I have yet to crack the seals on! Welcome to Brickset.
    TheFew
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 110
    Welcome! I also buy a lot more Lego than I have time to build (so far). 
    TheFew
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 1,520
    Welcome, I saw your name on some of the recent posts and thought, oh, not seen that one yet.

I'm also a big LOTR fan. Feel free to post on the marketplace a  I want to buy/or trade thread for the figs you are looking for. You can usually get it a little bit cheaper on here, since there are no fees. Or if you have figs to trade, you can maybe do a deal that way.

(I've got some Gandalfs and Gimli's but I'm sure you got those already ;) )
    TheFew
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 383
    snowhitie said:
    Welcome, I saw your name on some of the recent posts and thought, oh, not seen that one yet.

I'm also a big LOTR fan. Feel free to post on the marketplace a  I want to buy/or trade thread for the figs you are looking for. You can usually get it a little bit cheaper on here, since there are no fees. Or if you have figs to trade, you can maybe do a deal that way.

(I've got some Gandalfs and Gimli's but I'm sure you got those already ;) )
    Thanks for the advice. The LOTR characters i need to finish up are mostly from The Lonley Mountain and the ultra rare blue Frodo that was given away with a DVD in the US. I need to double check my figures at some point as i lost my list showing me which ones i was still after :'(
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,346
    Welcome to the forums! :)
    TheFew