Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Hello from Wiltshire

TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 785
Hi all, I have just joined the forums. I have been collecting Lego for a number of years. It all started when the Mrs bought me a Taj Mahal one year. I now have significant collection, with most of it still in the box waiting to be built. I seem to find time to buy Lego, but then fail to find the time to build it, and somehow opening the boxes doesn't always seem right! I have a huge minifigure collection and around 95% of the LOTR characters. Only a few still to track down (but the prices are getting a bit off-putting)! My real passion of buying parts on Bricklink and other places to build unique and retired sets. I have posted a lost of my projects on the "What are you building right now" thread. Currently I am in love with the Arvo Brothers Lego Chest Burster model and I am desperately seeking a part list to see if ti would be feasible to build it. so if anyone can help I would be very grateful! Thanks. TF
MaffyD

Comments

• MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 1,797
    Hello (again)! I see you've started a thread about that Arvo model - I'm sure you'll get some good responses and help there. I like the LotR sets/minifigs as well, although by necessity I limited my purchases to a few key models in the theme. I share your bought/built ratio concerns as well - there are a number of very large models I have yet to crack the seals on! Welcome to Brickset.
    TheFew
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 223
    Welcome! I also buy a lot more Lego than I have time to build (so far). 
    TheFew
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 1,954
    Welcome, I saw your name on some of the recent posts and thought, oh, not seen that one yet.

I'm also a big LOTR fan. Feel free to post on the marketplace a  I want to buy/or trade thread for the figs you are looking for. You can usually get it a little bit cheaper on here, since there are no fees. Or if you have figs to trade, you can maybe do a deal that way.

(I've got some Gandalfs and Gimli's but I'm sure you got those already ;) )
    TheFew
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 785
    snowhitie said:
    Welcome, I saw your name on some of the recent posts and thought, oh, not seen that one yet.

I'm also a big LOTR fan. Feel free to post on the marketplace a  I want to buy/or trade thread for the figs you are looking for. You can usually get it a little bit cheaper on here, since there are no fees. Or if you have figs to trade, you can maybe do a deal that way.

(I've got some Gandalfs and Gimli's but I'm sure you got those already ;) )
    Thanks for the advice. The LOTR characters i need to finish up are mostly from The Lonley Mountain and the ultra rare blue Frodo that was given away with a DVD in the US. I need to double check my figures at some point as i lost my list showing me which ones i was still after :'(
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,566
    Welcome to the forums! :)
    TheFew