Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.
Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over
to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules
before you join.
Recent discussions • Categories
I Need To Ask Some Specific Questions Re: Cleaning and Restoring
I've searched and read some threads and the web on the subject, but some methods I'm unclear about, maybe you all have some clarity to share.
1. Why do some people say ultrasonic washing is the way to go? Is it better?
2. What are the advantages of washing bricks in UV light? How is that not harmful to the color? I thought that faded color on product?
3. If you have dusty, dirty bricks you get in a loose/bulk parts set and you hand wash them with soapy water in a sink...how do you get the interiors of all the small parts totally dry?
4. Does Goo Gone or Acetone or other solvents harm the brick when you remove sticker residue?
5. When you are trying to restore an older set, what are some good resources for sticker replicas that look authentic without claiming to be the real thing?
Thanks...from the Question Boy...