Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,154
    @Salamalex are you sure that wasn't meant for me? Looks uncannily similar to my last Bricks & Pieces order!! :-) 
    Salamalexsid3windr
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 777
    Realising I am going to have to carry Destiny's Bounty on the bus to Park & Ride...
    SumoLegoBumblepantsHanzosnowhitiecatwranglerLEGO_Dad77
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 1,683
    ^ Oooooooh, pretty!!! ;-D
    Salamalex
  • SalamalexSalamalex UKMember Posts: 230
    ^ just be glad it wasn't the new Falcon ;) 

^^ had my name on it and I have plans...
    LostInTranslationLegopantsTheOriginalSimonB
  • KHAquaKHAqua UKMember Posts: 5
    Spending my day off building BB-8 whilst rewatching SW: The Clone Wars! Just completed bags 1-3 and now I'm having a break.
    snowhitiebandit778omniumFowlerBricks
  • OdeinoichusOdeinoichus CanadaMember Posts: 131
    About to enjoy building the Batgirl Batjet Chase from DC Super Hero Girls, just showed up from Amazon. Looking forward to it.
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,489
    edited September 15

Midnight Launch: #75192 - Millennium Falcon

It was a pleasure meeting both Jens Kronvold Frederiksen, Director of LEGO Star Wars & Michael Lee Stockwell, Designer Manager of LEGO Star Wars.

HanzodspigelomniumKlintanFowlerBrickstallblocktooMr_Cross
  • Casper_vd_KorfCasper_vd_Korf Twente, The NetherlandsMember Posts: 16
    Phew! Finally done washing every part, now nearly done sorting them again, so I can start a new city.
    eanairsnowhitiecatwrangler
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,479
    Last official day of our holiday today so as we had nothing planned we decided to drive down to Bluewater shopping centre for a meander round.
    Went into the Lego store and looked at the Falcon on display just to say I've seen it (as I've resigned myself to not getting it in time for the black VIP card).

To make myself feel better, retail therapy was required so filled a couple of PAB cups, brought a couple of Ninjago Movie sets, got the Cole poybag, another Kai battlepod and a couple of Master Wu keychains as freebies and all was good with the world.

Then whilst chatting to the kind young lady on the checkout (as you do) she informed me they were getting more Falcons in tomorrow when I can't get there. Argggghhhhhh! :(
    omniumcatwrangler
  • CaptainLegoCaptainLego FloridaMember Posts: 121
    Put this together. Bugatti Vision Gran Turismo.

Source of build & instructions: 
    BumblepantsFowlerBrickscatwranglerSirBrickalotOfLegotallblocktoo
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,257
    Really creative build for the spoiler!
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 272
    bookmum said:
    I am off to have my first ever display at an event!! Very excited! 

Sorry if I missed it, but what event are you displaying at?
  • Speedman29Speedman29 Brickswell CloseMember Posts: 596
    Doing last minute party prep for my daughters LEGO workshop party this afternoon. She's 7 in a weeks time, but this weekend was the only one everyone could make.
    SalamalexstluxomniumLostInTranslationHanzoLegogramKerrecatwranglersid3windr
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 939
    It was a little model show in Caterham (South London /Surrey border) @omnium. I will add some photos later. On my way home. Had a really good time. 
    LegogramLostInTranslationstluxomniumricecakeHugeYellowBrick
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 1,891
    edited September 16
    I'd like to hear an that @Speedman29 . We're thinking of doing a sort of building party as well but not sure how many kids I have enough Lego for (well they can't touch/mix it all right? ).
    Hope it was fun!

Other people who have experience with things like this (numbers etc), all tips are welcome.

How was you nexo-knights one @kerre?
    Speedman29
    After an annoyingly early start (my own fault for forgetting to switch off my work alarm), I have had a great day working on a model for the Great Western Brick Show. All my previous sorting and planning has been paying off, I've found all the parts I wanted and the model does resemble the picture in my head. Nowhere near finished, but definitely made a good start and really enjoyed being creative in Lego, which I've not done much in the last few months. 
    More building fun planned for tomorrow! :-)

Look forward to seeing the finished product :-) 
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,205
    edited September 16
    After an annoyingly early start (my own fault for forgetting to switch off my work alarm)
    You had an alarm set?  On a weekend?  Bloody hell!  You wont be making that same mistake twice.
    Yodalicious
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 532
    Decided to finally watch Scooby-Doo's Haunted Hollywood after dusting and dismantling the mansion. It was good, but was surprised to see they included Knight Time terror,  since it wasn't written on the package. Otoh, it said three vintage cartoons, but there were only two. 
    @Speedman29 that looks like a lot of fun! I also thought about those castle builds someone did their their kids on holiday, can't remember who it was now. But to have enough 'kid-bricks', I'm not sure... Will have to ponder.
  • nwr122nwr122 GlasgowMember Posts: 48
    edited September 17
    Arrived in Gran Canaria last night wondering when my UCS MF would change from "in warehouse" having ordered it at 7:08 Thursday morning. It's now with Yodel.. :-)
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,205
    nwr122 said:
    Arrived in Gran Canaria last night wondering when my UCS MF would change from "in warehouse" having ordered it at 7:08 Thursday morning. It's now with Yodel.. :-)
    Lol, that's not necessarily a good thing.  ;)

Spent the afternoon in the LEGO Room regoranising the sets to make space for the stuff on the floor that's been bought over the past year or so.  Boxed up old stuff and reckon there's now as much in the loft as there is in the LEGO Room.  Somethings got to give.
    nwr122
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 1,906
    edited September 17
    ^ Your ceiling by the sound of it:)
    SalamalexGothamConstructionCoYodaliciousgmonkey76
  • HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 293
    Heading with the family to our first Lego event put on by a local hobby store and local LUG.  Hoping to see some cool stuff. 
    LEGO_Dad77
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 869
    Found the last two Ninjago Movie minifigures to complete my set, started working out placement in a Play and Display box.
  • Casper_vd_KorfCasper_vd_Korf Twente, The NetherlandsMember Posts: 16
    Beginning on my city after "the great wash". First up: modular corner hospital.
    snowhitie
    edited September 17
    @Legoboy you could also open up the boxes - Loose Lego takes up much less room...

@Casper_vd_Korf good luck and look forward to see the progress/result. I've been collecting pieces for a hospital too. After the fire station, after the museum and after the zoo, can't plan too far ahead...

My son  I had a bit of a building frenzy this weekend, mostly today. He's really getting pretty quick, not sure if that's totally a good thing ;)

arathemisstluxKerre
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,479
    SumoLego said:
    And apparently my son thinks that Azog would have fared better if he were a caped wizard with purple pants, armed with Loki's Scepter capable of shooting Yondu's Arrow.

Shouldn't have posted the picture, Lepin version will now be out in a months time. :)
    SumoLegoSirBrickalotOfLegoomniumOnebricktoomanyYodalicious
  • nwr122nwr122 GlasgowMember Posts: 48
    Legoboy said:
    nwr122 said:
    Lol, that's not necessarily a good thing.  ;)

Spent the afternoon in the LEGO Room regoranising the sets to make space for the stuff on the floor that's been bought over the past year or so.  Boxed up old stuff and reckon there's now as much in the loft as there is in the LEGO Room.  Somethings got to give.
    Well I had planned ahead in case and had it delivered elsewhere but having seen the state of Yodel delivery in the UCS MF thread I'm a little worried 
    Legoboy
  • LittleLoriLittleLori CanadaMember Posts: 49
    Finished rebuilding the Haunted House and watching "Scooby Doo! Haunted Hollywood" today. Yesterday, we went to the new Mastermind toys and got to build and take home a Lego lobster. Still have many more sets to rebuild before I can buy any new Lego.
    catwrangler
    edited September 18

I'm currently in the throes of reshuffling my displayed sets into themes.

Spent the best part of yesterday afternoon dusting off Sandcrawler (Mk I), Death Star (which was an absolute ruddy faff), Home One Mon Calamari Star Cruiser and Town Hall. Still need to do the rest of my modulars and a load of Harry Potter sets before they're relocated.

I use open IVAR shelves in the man-cave (mainly coz they're fairly cheap and pretty flexible) so dust is a real problem. Still, Lego is meant to be built and a bit of dusting once in a while can be quite therapeutic, I s'pose :-S 

LostInTranslationSalamalex
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 939
    For those who want to be wowed by bright primary colours hop to the Are you a Fabuland Fan thread!! Lots of photos!!
    omniumsid3windrLostInTranslationLEGO_Dad77
  • RecceRecce 10,171km away from BillundMember Posts: 628
    First time I see a City set with flip open box design, my 2 other copies of this set both normal box.

Wonder is it a region thing.

catwranglerFowlerBricksJern92
  • CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 38
    To buy the TIE Striker or not. From looking at more images of it it looks more involved than a cockpit and wings.
    FowlerBricks
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 791
    Started filling 3 boxes this weekend, labeled CC, MS and GG. Somewhat happy that the BL wanted lists are at 39, 40 and 35%, from my spare parts only, but realizing that that's just all the non expensive pieces... :)
  • blogzillyblogzilly Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 597
    Oh and I should mention that I went to the LEGO store on the 14th. The LEGO Ninjago Movie Mechs are SO cool in person. The photos do not do them justice at all. Maybe the best mech sets LEGO has ever put out. Oh and the MF was there too.
    ricecake
  • Matt89190Matt89190 UKMember Posts: 196
    As you've probably seen, I posted in here on the 14th about my Lego Ideas project getting a Staff Pick. Little update:

Support has climbed by over 300 in less than a week, and I'm into the "Popular This Week" panel! Just reading through the comments, it's so cool to see the kind words from supporters - the number of genuinely kind, appreciative people out there never fails to blow my mind, and it's always really uplifting to see people liking your work.
    At time of writing, I'm at 534 supporters!

(Just in case you haven't seen it, here's some ultra-subtle self-promotion!)
    catwranglerAddicted2OxygenMaffyDKerreLEGO_Dad77Mr_Crosssnowhitie
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,265
    Thanks to @EddieDoesntMind, the last Marvel Superhero minifig I need* is on its way. Ah, the sweetly feeling of completion.

*Not including those things people get at the Con-type events.
    EddieDoesntMind
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,135
    edited September 19
    ^ Complete only until the next Superhero set is released. :) 

I'm happy to have got most of the TLNM CMF I was looking for today.
    LegogramYodalicious
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,265
    ^ True, but at least I don't have to get any that were previously released now.
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 710
    nwr122 said:
    Her: what you doing?
    Me: nothing
    Her: you brought Lego on holiday with you?
    Me: why do you sound so surprised or is that disappointment ?
    A selection of minifigs in an afols camera bag is a requirement!

You need more Lego in your photos :)
    omniumLEGO_Dad77nwr122