You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

CMF Series 17 - The Batman Movie

Comments

• chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 644
    edited December 2016
    JooTog said:
    chuckp said:
    I'm even more impressed with this series after seeing the real deal in photos. That Vacation Batman is a hoot!

So far, it's my favorite, but don't care for the mask on the duck lifesaver as it detracts from using it elsewhere.
    That's exactly what I thought about duck floaty too and I almost included that in my original post. It's such a unique part it would have been nice to have a mask-free version. However, in keeping with the over the top bat-usage it does fit Vacation Batman perfectly. That will definitely be the first figure I search for when these show up locally. 
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 13,867
    The review on euribricks has been up a few days. Full details about prints there.
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,089
    Fauch said:
    pirate figure? not sure about a pirates of the carribean serie
    That is definitely a tricorn hat and shoulder adornments. Well spotted.
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 231
    JooTog said:
    chuckp said:
    I'm even more impressed with this series after seeing the real deal in photos. That Vacation Batman is a hoot!

So far, it's my favorite, but don't care for the mask on the duck lifesaver as it detracts from using it elsewhere.
    Now that the mold exists I have little doubt that it'll appear in a future minifigure series with a more basic print. ;)
    gmonkey76Aanchirkiki180703chuckpYodalicious
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 3,743 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 10,062
    1265 said:
    The big question, Does the Joker have any printing on the jump suit to ID it as the joker or would it work as a generic jump suit for any character?

Also, does anyone know if @MinifiguresPlus is doing pre orders for the box?

Wondering the same thing.  Hopefully @MinifiguresPlus chimes in with order details.
    I haven't heard from him yet. I sent him a PM a couple of weeks ago.
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 484
    Yeah, still waiting for @MinifiguresPlus to let us know when we can order a full box. I honestly get tired of fondling the packets, so yeah, I think it's worth buying a whole box. 
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 557
    anyone find these in store yet want to look up dcp
  • NicksBricksNicksBricks United StatesMember Posts: 127
    DPCI is still the same - 

204-00-1379
    According to Brickseek, there are 385 available at $3.99 each at the Target closest to me. 
  • NicksBricksNicksBricks United StatesMember Posts: 127
    josekalel said:
    According to Brickseek, there are 385 available at $3.99 each at the Target closest to me. 
    You probably want to call them to make sure they have the actual Batman series.  The Target Stores near me show anywhere from 400 to 600.  I called and it's just boxes and boxes of Disney and Series 16.  Hopefully that's not the case in your area.
    CM4Sgmonkey76kiki180703
  • dspigeldspigel Oahu, HawaiiMember Posts: 283
    josekalel said:
    You probably want to call them to make sure they have the actual Batman series.  The Target Stores near me show anywhere from 400 to 600.  I called and it's just boxes and boxes of Disney and Series 16.  Hopefully that's not the case in your area.
    This. My local Target had over 2000 of series 16 and Disney. We'll see if they get some in in January.
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 1,537
    Will have to get a complete set, plus some extras. Some of the parts I can see I'll have uses for, Gordon's torso/legs, March Harriet's torso/legs, Orca's head piece for my CMF S14 plant guys & a few others too.
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 386
    Spotted at a Lego Store in the Bay Area.

a friend picked up about 10
    curious,  which one in Bay Area?
    paulmison
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 613
    With the new robin fig im going to have to change this part of my display!   Loads of kids asked 'why is a shark chasing robin?' my stock response, 'why not?'

William_TownsleydspigelstluxMuftak1
    Since I went in really fast, didn't have a chance to ask anybody...but I couldn't see any in the toys aisles, not even for S16.
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 Washington, USAMember Posts: 223
    ^ Several of my local Targets stopped putting any small bags out in the actual toy aisles. Polys and CMF bags are exclusively in the checkout rows now. Theft issues I'd guess.
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 685
    ^ Several of my local Targets stopped putting any small bags out in the actual toy aisles. Polys and CMF bags are exclusively in the checkout rows now. Theft issues I'd guess.
    For me those are the leftover Series 13 packs. They're raised by a dollar or so over there.
    SumoLegodavetheoxygenmanYodalicious
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 591
    ^ Nice!

I said I was going to buy a case this time around, but I found out that I have embraced "feeling the bags" as a sport :-)
    josekalelkiki180703Yodalicious
  • cooldude00cooldude00 ukMember Posts: 34
    dropped a mail to @MinifiguresPlus via ebay and got a response yesterday, looks like the listing will be going up this weekend.. hopefully there'll be a discount for brickset members? lol
    josekalelkiki180703
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 6,353
    edited December 2016
    JooTog said:
    I found out that I have embraced "feeling the bags" as a sport :-)
    You still need to 'feel the brick' for the display figs...

VorpalRyuethanjwall
    Bought the whole case of  cmf Lego Movie Batman! And used the target 25 off coupon
    How much was it? 
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the WestMember Posts: 1,568
    edited December 2016
    I'm guessing 60 x $4 = $240 - $25 offer - 5% ($10.75) = $204.25 sub total.
    califrsh78kiki180703
  • califrsh78califrsh78 Member Posts: 27
    Yeah, you pretty much hit right on the spot. $206.00 for a case with this promo right now.

Yeah, you pretty much hit right on the spot. $206.00 for a case with this promo right now.

Did you tell them there were 60 or did you scan the box and it came up?

One time I bought 16 and took the display box with me, they were about to charge me $3.99 for the whole thing but I was honest... 
    sid3windrkiki180703ClutchPowerlego007
  • califrsh78califrsh78 Member Posts: 27
    CM4S said:

Did you tell them there were 60 or did you scan the box and it came up?

One time I bought 16 and took the display box with me, they were about to charge me $3.99 for the whole thing but I was honest... 
    I did two separate transactions of 30 bags, that was the best way to maximize your 25.00 off coupon with this promo at target!
    josekalelpharmjodryjaysid3windrkiki180703Yodalicious77ncaachamps
  • sweetness34sweetness34 San Diego, CA.Member Posts: 265
    edited December 2016
    #71017-21

^The picture in the brick set data base shows it like this for the Barbara Gordon figure and accessories.
    JooToggmonkey76kiki18070377ncaachamps
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 591
    #71017-21

^The picture in the brick set data base shows it like this for the Barbara Gordon figure and accessories.

My bad. I guess I did not pay close attention to it. Thanks.
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,087
    Fauch said:
    pirate figure? not sure about a pirates of the carribean serie
    Great spot! Definitely is a tricorn hat, Not sure about the shoulder epaulets tho...looks like it could be a new piece because it looks like something is on his shoulders, but also around his neck.

I thought it was a bug eyed alien when I first saw the silhouette 
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 4,863
    edited December 2016
    I think it's a highwayman, with a scarf round the bottom of his face. 
    CM4Skiki180703
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 143
    Has anyone in the UK managed to pre order from a UK seller, a sealed box of 71017? Seems a hard task...
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 1,949
    Can someone snap a pic of the barcode?
    None of the 3 closest Targets seem to have them :( 

Guess I'll have to wait and watch the Brickseek count go up.
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 64
    Two nearest me have them but are NOT releasing them until January 1st.  Looks like I won't be sleeping in on Sunday!
  • MooreFXMooreFX CaliforniaMember Posts: 35
    Onebricktoomany said:
    Two nearest me have them but are NOT releasing them until January 1st.  Looks like I won't be sleeping in on Sunday!
    I called my favorite Lego store and asked about JooTog's Target posts.  I was told that the release date is now Dec. 26, 2016.  There are a few other things being released early on that date too, but I didn't ask for the complete list. I don't really want to go out on the day after Christmas, but probably will. :)
    Onebricktoomanyblack_towrkiki180703gmonkey76Legogram
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 64
    Nice!  Thanks for the heads up!  Hopefully that means my New Year's Eve is saved!!
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 386
    CM4S said:
    None of the 3 closest Targets seem to have them :( 

Guess I'll have to wait and watch the Brickseek count go up.
    I checked two closet Targets, one have nothing,  the other have series 16 and Disney concurrently!

• 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the WestMember Posts: 1,568
    Thanks, @JooTog, for the Barbara Gordon 1x1 tile info. I had no clue...

Snagged a couple CMFs at my local Target.
    All the seasonal hires aren't keen about street dates.
    JooTog
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 987
    A public service announcement to you all as you open the packs...

Harley's hat is tiny! It shot out of the pack as I was opening it and took me a good few minutes to find it in the carpet. It fits on her hair nicely, but before connected is a tiny piece asking to get lost.
    JooTogLEGO_Dad77
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 987
    Got 12 unique out of the 17 I picked up blindly (all of what they had left at a local Target). Not too bad. Now off to hunt for the remaining 8.
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 710
    edited December 2016
    Out of all of the CMFs, the only one I really want is the [Commissioner] Barbara Gordon. 

Only so I can do a copy of this legend:

...well, plus may Hugh Hefner batman for the lobster and dish pieces. 
    gmonkey76VorpalRyukiki180703califrsh78
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 139
    Hi all...just asking in case I've missed it...release in the UK Jan 1st?
  • caterham7caterham7 UkMember Posts: 169
    edited December 2016
    Assume so, tried a WHSmith and Tesco today to see if they had any out back, but nothing yet.

Tesco did have a load of new 2017 sets out, so picked up 4 different ones with the 33% discount on toys taken off at the checkout.
    califrsh78
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 769
    it nice to see some are finding this set while Target still has the 25 off 100 sale going on.  My guess is when most find them released in store the promo will have ended.
    CM4S77ncaachampskiki180703
  • AyliffeAyliffe the UK innit?Member Posts: 154
    redarmy said:
    Hi all...just asking in case I've missed it...release in the UK Jan 1st?
    Yep - they may pop up on the 26th in some places, but they'll definitely be out on Jan 1st.
    ryjay said:
    it nice to see some are finding this set while Target still has the 25 off 100 sale going on.  My guess is when most find them released in store the promo will have ended.
    When does the promo end?