You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

CMF Series 17 - The Batman Movie

Comments

• richoricho Member Posts: 3,730
    Fireheart said:
    ^ My thoughts as well.. I've just ordered some sealed cases from the EU, as there is no import duty.. would have done an order from the US (which seems to have a mass looking from eBay)  but import duty adds too much to the cost.. 

cannot wait for the US UK tariff free trade deal.. :)
    And a stronger pound.. 
    from bricklink?
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 143
    ^ No eBay. BL had them from Cze, but I didn't like it how you had to order each one ( I.e. Order of 60 = a case).
    I wanted brown sealed cases direct from the distributor.. 
    They seem to be allot more expensive everywhere for a sealed case... compared to previous pre orders..
  • caterham7caterham7 UkMember Posts: 169
    edited January 5

Now available to order online for delivery from ToysRUs (none instore yet) and collection in a few days from Argos (again, none instore yet).

• theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,349
    Fireheart said:
    ^ No eBay. BL had them from Cze, but I didn't like it how you had to order each one ( I.e. Order of 60 = a case).
    I wanted brown sealed cases direct from the distributor.. 
    They seem to be allot more expensive everywhere for a sealed case... compared to previous pre orders..
    They are 20% more expensive in the UK at retail price, more like 33% more at retail in Europe.
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 143
    ^ But when the pre order for a box is 20% above single RRP X 60... And they are selling for this, then it shows what demand / supply is like..
    edited January 5
    In this instance, surely buying from Europe is a bad idea as the price is even higher? I'll just wait for Smiths and get a box from there.
  • peterjohn0peterjohn0 New Jersey, USMember Posts: 6
    So far, so good for me with these. I have been able to score a complete set and then on a 2nd set, I only need Glam Metal Batman and Vacation Batman. I was only going to do one set, but my bag groping skills haven't been that great, so the 2nd set was born out of failing so miserably during my second "go" of trying to "feel" my way to completing the 1st the set.

I picked up two of the CMF display cases with the Lego Batman Movie packaging, turns out it's the same as the regular CMF display case, no changes at all, not even the logo on it anywhere - didn't mind getting what is essentially 36 mini-figures worth of storage for a 20 figure line as I'll just fill in the holes with mini-figures from the regular sets, like Magpie, Calendar-man, the Kabuki Twins, etc...

• Pate5346Pate5346 Member Posts: 468
    ^^^ 
    currently on holiday in Czech Republic. 
    Looking at prices regarding the exchange rate ( you won't find official RRP in CZK ) but
    the minifigures should cost the same as in GBP that's about 89 CZK ( found one online shop which sels them for that ammount otherwise not listed on others yet except one who has a whole set only for about under £ 80 ) 
    checked the brickling stores and they charge about £4 upwards so yes it's more expensive. 
    Interesting is that sets are about same as in UK except you can get #70906 for about £40 and #70909 for £82 ATM other warries by £3- £8 respectively. 

• Gruff666Gruff666 United KingdomMember Posts: 60
    ^ nice, where did you pick one up from?
  • caterham7caterham7 UkMember Posts: 169

Gruff666 said:
    ^ nice, where did you pick one up from?

Argos.  Just go to the till with the catalogue number and ask if they have 60.  Then buy.  Currently easyish to do as it seems they are getting 1 box max at present and they are unlikely to have opened it but not all stores have them yet.
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 724
    My local Argos is still in 4days 
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,244
    Same here - or at least, some show 4 days and some 5. I don't know enough about the different branches to judge whether size makes a difference to the day they'll be available, but at least I've just given us another double entendre in case we run out. 
    ricecakekiki180703
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 602
    It will probably depend which warehouse they are serviced by.  Back when i used to work there three stores within 20 miles of each other were all covered by different warehouses so staff spent a lot of time ferrying stock between branches.
    catwranglerkiki180703
  • madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 136
    I was finally able to get two at the Lego store this week. Target is still dragging you know what...
  • TresillianTresillian Member Posts: 54
    Over two days and lots of bag feeling at the Leicester Square store my son and I have 17 of the set, just missing, Batgirl, Eraser and Red Hood, and no dupes.  I'm tempted to get a few dupes of a couple of the Batman figs and the Joker, they really are fun. 
    MooreFXstluxkiki180703califrsh78
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 562
    Found Batman CMF at Walmarts today.  One store I stopped at(an hour away when I was out of town) had already been searched thru...so they might have been out a couple of days already.
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 412
    With 20 cmfs, various poly bags, new sets and photos of sets for release later in the year, has anyone been able to keep count of how many minifigures there are for the batman movie altogether?
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 3,827
    According to the database there were just under 100 for the LEGO Movie...
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,089
    caterham7 said:
    Happy Bunny!

Just happened to leave an 8 year old ticket to James mays Lego house in shot huh? ;)
    Johnyk668ClutchPowerkiki180703Mynatt
  • PatsyWalkerPatsyWalker TorontoMember Posts: 43
    Found a fresh case at the Indigo in Oakville by the old theater, if anyone is in the Mississauga, ON area. They had two cases, one was split up into jars by the cashier counter, and the other was tucked on an out of the way shelf in the kid's area not even near LEGO toys or other LEGO Batman product (books, etc).

Felt and pulled all my wants - Cat Man, Harley, Batgirl, Barbara Gordon, March Hare, Calculator, Red Hood, and Zodiac.

Assuming this was indeed an untouched case (and I had to pop the lid), I counted 3 of everyone except for 1 Fairy Batman and 5 Harleys.

Quick question about LEGO customer service: of course the Harley I chose has a paint error on the face (almost like the design application had a record skip) and is missing the painted pink glove cuff on the left arm. Is this something LEGO would replace or should I zip by and buy another?

^ I would keep the error. Sometimes they are worth a bit more as oddities. 
    MattDawson
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 556
    @PatsyWalker you can contact LEGO and they should send you a new Batman CMF, but it will be a random one. Your best bet is to try and find a new Harley on your own, and keep the one lego sends you for trade or return it to the store.
    Sethro3PatsyWalker
    Found in WH Smiths (no till vouchers :-( ) and a local department store.
    TheBrickLaddkiki180703
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
    Shib said:
    Found in WH Smiths (no till vouchers :-( ) and a local department store.
    Still none in my WH Smith's. Hopefully early next week. :D
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 724
    None in my local WH Smith either 
    I picked up 5:

Catman

March Harriet 

Calculator

Fairy Batman

Zodiac Master
    dspigel
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 987
    And finished. Thank you, random, ancient Walmart that's always empty. 
    MegtheCatSumoLegosnowhitieAllBrickClutchPower
    WHSmiths. They got ot them in today at mine. No probs getting a box as my local staff are great. Not sure how many they got, am guessing several boxes. They had opened 3-4 for a display and he said they had a few sealed in the back too. 

Shame the voucher deal isn't on and also isn't on next week as it's printer cartridges and diaries all week for 20% off. 

Anyway, I wanted a box to go with my first Lego movie sealed box I still have, so here it is!

LEGO_Dad77stluxFireheartLegogramkiki180703ClutchPower
  • Wicksy80Wicksy80 Northern IrelandMember Posts: 276
    @catwrangler Boucher road argos showing in stock, most others you could order for collection after 4pm today. Sorry for late post. Hopefully in stock everywhere tomorrow!
  • LEGO_Dad77LEGO_Dad77 Northeastern CaliforniaMember Posts: 190
    My Walmart (the only game in town for LEGO, and, well, ANYTHING) finally had a case out on the shelf! I didn't have time for Feel Testing, so I grabbed a random six. I hope there's no doubles!

I wonder who I got...

stluxYodaliciousMooreFXsnowhitieLegogramkiki180703Johnyk668ClutchPower
    Brilliant, thanks @Wicksy80! Should be able to get some of those on Tuesday!
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO USMember Posts: 7,478
    edited January 7

JooTog said:
    That's a lot of CMF bags.

I have a feeling there won't be a shortage of TLBM CMFs.

If the amount of S16 and Disney CMF left around Target and TRU are any indication, you're right. Hopefully they won't reduce production BECAUSE of the that.

Yeah, it makes it far easier on those looking for them. The one issue I have is that many such caches are very well picked through of specific figures, so I would not wait to get a complete set from a store.
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 602
    WH Smith in ipswich also had them today, at least 6 boxes between the two floors. Didn't buy any though as I'm trying to cut down on themes and am not over keen on fleshy figs.
    Has anyone ever managed to cut down on themes? Genuine question - I find myself drawn towards Ninjago and I'm a bit worried...
    LEGO_Dad77LegogramBumblepantsSumoLegokiki180703SeanTheCollector
  • Wicksy80Wicksy80 Northern IrelandMember Posts: 276
    @catwrangler I have. I used to just buy whatever was on discount no matter what the theme. Since I don't have the money I used to for Lego i'm very selective with themes now. Walked by many a bargain because of this but means I can pull the trigger on some of the bigger sets I never would've been able to afford otherwise.  
    catwranglerCircleKkiki180703
  • PatsyWalkerPatsyWalker TorontoMember Posts: 43
    @catwrangler I have. I focus on Marvel with ventures into Star Wars and DC, and even then I go for sets with a focus on characters I like rather than just grabbing the line. I prefer buildings and environments than vehicles where I can control it. I'd rather pay on Bricklink to boost my Avengers roster than buy yet another vehicle for the shelf.

I forfeit my City, Nexo, and Ninjago just last year and will only break budget if any sort of Castle or Pirate returns. I sort of cheat, as my SO collects the modular city, so I get to enjoy their presence, but I can't play with them unsupervised...or do I?
    BumblepantscatwranglerYodaliciouskiki180703SeanTheCollectorkhmellymel
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 1,537
    Has anyone ever managed to cut down on themes? Genuine question - I find myself drawn towards Ninjago and I'm a bit worried...
    We've actually added themes, but with most of the additions, the strategy is that we're only getting selected sets:

DC (I'm collecting for potential Superhero crossover MOCs), it's based on how cheap/expensive it is to BrickLink vs how much I feel the characters are needed.

Ninjago, I'm grabbing some sets for MOC fodder & the boys get the characters to add to they collection (with the except of #70751, plans are for this to be added to our modulars layout).

Nexo Knights, just keys sets to get some of the characters plus the main vehicles/buildings, picked up all ten of the Ultimate form set.

Minecraft, pretty much all we can afford to get, focusing on the sets with mobs we don't already have over ones that contain mobs we already have.
    catwranglerkiki180703
  • Speedman29Speedman29 Brickswell CloseMember Posts: 333
    TRU in Reading had the remains of a box on the customer services till. Picked five random packs out.
    I'm starting to think the trick might be to limit the smaller purchases, because they seem slight individually but collectively represent a lot of money. Though this might not include CMFs, partly because that would be blasphemy in this thread, and partly because they're far too useful as pick-me-ups. And I have to own Fairy Batman; that's non-negotiable...
    LegogramSirBenkiki180703MattDawson
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 13,867
    @CapnRex101 can we have the title changed. This is obviously not CMF series 17.

Don't worry, I'll see myself out. ;)
    AllBrickkiki180703
    Stay away from Star Wars, I think you will be happier. Especially since they pretty much redo most of the regular line sets every 2-3 years.

Back to the CMF sets. I kinda wish the Joker design used was more like the one in the #30523 poly than Joker in a prison jumpsuit. Even since, I buckled and decided to get a set, and probably will go out and find a few duplicates here or there that I wants, but over all, saving at least some time getting two sets from @MinifiguresPlus. I gave up trying to find a set each for myself and my GF in a store, let alone 20 (or 40 if you are trying for two sets).
    MrJ_NYcatwranglerkiki180703
    ^ Ah, the quest for a second set. 

Mine began today. Finished the first set yesterday and while my son was playing with them I immediately thought "only 14 more for another set."

Then I thought "with multiples upon multiples, I could make a lot of batsuit varieties!"

On January 7, 2017, my Iron Man problem officially became an Iron Man/Batman problem.
    madforLEGOgmonkey76catwranglerstluxmr.pigglesbandit778kiki180703ClutchPower
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 697
    Got a full set at the Lego store in town on Friday morning when it was nice and quiet.  Once I'd been through a few the feel method proved as easy as ever with some very distinct pieces for all of the figures.

Overall another terrific set of CMFs - shame about the price but there aren't many here that I would like more than one of which takes the sting out a bit - still, £60 for a full set is a little painful! 
    catwranglerkiki180703

Mine began today. Finished the first set yesterday and while my son was playing with them I immediately thought "only 14 more for another set."

Then I thought "with multiples upon multiples, I could make a lot of batsuit varieties!"

On January 7, 2017, my Iron Man problem officially became an Iron Man/Batman problem.
    Yeah the Batman sets I am resisting buying, but they really are unique IMO, maybe it is just my nostalgia for the first LEGO batman game that came with my 360, not sure.

I do think that the series missed the boat a bit with the villains, like Mad Hatter, and even a minifig version of clay face.
    YodaliciousBumblepantskiki180703
  • scoiltreasascoiltreasa Ireland Member Posts: 1,097
    Finally got started on these. Bought 6 blind bags. Got Orca,  Joker, Regular clothes robin Catman  and 2 Barbara gordons (who I wanted an extra Of! ).
    madforLEGOkiki180703

Yeah the Batman sets I am resisting buying, but they really are unique IMO, maybe it is just my nostalgia for the first LEGO batman game that came with my 360, not sure.

I do think that the series missed the boat a bit with the villains, like Mad Hatter, and even a minifig version of clay face.
    Agreed. But it does sound like more are coming in the Summer wave of sets. All told, there are going to be a lot of sets for just the one movie. 
    madforLEGOkiki180703