Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

New LEGO Museum coming to Portland, OR

dagsbricksdagsbricks Portland, ORMember Posts: 27
Hey kids. Do you know many LEGO Museums are there in the world? If you count the 5 under one Czech company then there are precisely 3 (that I know of). Billund, Czech Republic, and Ohio. I'd like to expand that. My business partner and I have both been in the news for our separate builds and ventures but this time we're collaborating to create the most amazing experience that we can dream up. And since that's only pretty good, we're inviting others to help create the dream.

BRIX will be a multi-faceted experience covering history, art, classes, and one of every LEGO piece ever made. That last one will be a growing collection that may take decades to actually complete. Nonetheless it's one of the goals. Our Kickstarter campaign is running and we're doing site selection and media promotion right now. We would love your feedback on what a LEGO museum means to you.

And please visit our Kickstarter page, make a pledge and share the link with others. This can't succeed without you.

Thanks,

Brian Dag

Comments

• bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 802
    As a big fan of Beverly Clearly's Portland set books I have always wanted to go there. I would definitely go to a lego museum if there is one there. (I will sadly probably never get there. Bit far from London UK). 
  • starwars4everstarwars4ever The Forest Moon of EndorMember Posts: 322
    I'm from Portland and I would love to go! We do you plan on opening?
  • dagsbricksdagsbricks Portland, ORMember Posts: 27
    bookmum said:
    As a big fan of Beverly Clearly's Portland set books I have always wanted to go there. I would definitely go to a lego museum if there is one there. (I will sadly probably never get there. Bit far from London UK). 
    Well, if you ever do make it here I could take you around to the book locations. As a kid, my dad actually sledded down the same hill as in the book. :-)
    bookmum
  • dagsbricksdagsbricks Portland, ORMember Posts: 27
    I'm from Portland and I would love to go! We do you plan on opening?
    I'm good friends with the Bricks Cascade team and am planning the grand opening on the next weekend after that convention so as not to compete. That puts me at March 18th 2017 for grand opening though supporters will be invited to a special pre-grand opening sometime before that. Not much time but now you know my life story for the next 4 months. :-)