Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Best way to remove dust

Jackad7Jackad7 Wisconsin Member Posts: 479
So over the summer I spent three months working at a summer job and thus had no authority of my Legos. When I left I had everything important put in drawers or boxes, including my UCS Tumbler. When I returned I found that someone had moved most of my boxes/drawers which included the unit that had my Tumbler. Luckily they had the sense to take the Tumbler out of the drawers for moving them so it didn't destroy itself but unfortunately they didn't think to put it back in, so it sat on my Lego table for about two months. When I returned home I nearly had an aneurism from the dust that built up (there was almost no dust but I am very OCD about the light white film on my Jet black tumbler). I put it away after making an attempt to clean it off with little success but recently was prompted to take it out and am now bothered yet again by the gray-ish tint. Does anyone know a good way to remove the dust? I tried warm water and a tooth brush but I couldn't get around the bases of the studs very well. 

Comments