You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Are "flagship" TECHNIC sets like 42043 ever on sale in Canada?

I have been watching those awesome looking Benz trucks for quite some time since the holiday season. And bought 42052, 42041, 42039 and 42036 along the way, while they are on sale of course. But I never saw what I really like the most, 42043 on sale, anywhere here in Canada. I have been checking amazon.ca, Walmart Canada, LEGO shop and Toyrus regularly. 

So my question is: sets like 42043, are they ever on sale? If so, when is the time I should be expecting that happening?

Comments

• zhaobinis1zhaobinis1 CanadaMember Posts: 6
    BTW since I live in Canada and our money is so weak compared to USD, travelling to the south and grab them in the States is almost impossible right now. 
  • CupIsHalfEmptyCupIsHalfEmpty CanadaMember Posts: 534
    Yes, they do go on sale. but rarely on any schedule. More of a sporadic flash sale, where you need to be in the right place and the right time.

#42043 is overdue to retire and has been vanishing from shelves and online. Costco.ca often stocks the large Technic Flagships at 20% off. Although It appears Arocs is gone from there.  

Costco.ca currently has a great deal on #42055 Bucket Wheel Excavator and #42054 Claas Tractor though. No Membership required. 
    zhaobinis1kiki180703
  • zhaobinis1zhaobinis1 CanadaMember Posts: 6
    Yes, they do go on sale. but rarely on any schedule. More of a sporadic flash sale, where you need to be in the right place and the right time.

#42043 is overdue to retire and has been vanishing from shelves and online. Costco.ca often stocks the large Technic Flagships at 20% off. Although It appears Arocs is gone from there.  

Costco.ca currently has a great deal on #42055 Bucket Wheel Excavator and #42054 Claas Tractor though. No Membership required. 
    Thank you so very much! never checked Costco.ca! 
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 1,951
    Don't know if jet.com ships to Canada but thats where I got mine for about 40% off earlier this year.
  • MoneyHypeMikeMoneyHypeMike Member Posts: 13
    It goes on sale sometimes on Amazon.ca.
    Used to sold at Costco too.