Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.
Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over
to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules
before you join.
Recent discussions • Categories
Lego accomplishments for 2016
Perhaps this could go into the "What are your Lego related goals for 2016" thread but many of the post were as generic as mine which was "build more and spend less". Re-reading through that thread got me to pondering what specifically I did accomplish in 2016. At first it didn't seem like much, but once chronicled, it was a pretty busy and fun year for me! Without further ado here is my year in review in chronologically order:
1. Built 2 of Anothergols AT-ST's
2. Displayed Cavegod's AT-AT, the AT-ST's, 2 modded snow speeders, and other Hoth vignettes at my LUGs weekend show.
3. Upgraded my 12x10 train layout with more streets, buildings, monorail, and amusement park.
4. Displayed said train layout at 2 local shows in Feb and April.
5. Snagged a 7 car Santa Fe train.
6. Went to Europe to grab some German footballers, (The family tagged along and I allowed them to drag me to Paris, Lyon, London, and Bavaria since we were already there.)
7. Built 3 of Mortesv's GR-75 transports.
8. Built Mortesv's Nebulon-B transport and a bunch of scale fighters to go with it.
9. Displayed Rebel fleet at a comicon.
10. Built a bunch of Lego Christmas ornaments to give to friends.
11. Got a good start on a three ship division of Brickwrights minifig scale Y-wing.
12. Continued to run a Bricklink store. Sales continue to decline but profit percent was higher than last year.
So I did get a lot more building done this year. Spending? A lot less on store inventory but ALOT more on Bricklink orders. I spent less time chasing down Craigslist deals.
Anybody else want to share? Love to see a list of your 2016 Lego accomplishments.