You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Santa in the UK granting Death Star wishes!

Comments

• FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 1,411
    One of the £4000 Star Wars Death Star Lego toys

wow, it increased in value quick
    bandit778DoctorMcGann
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 107
    That first picture... wow...
    So embarassing...
    and then... Joshua, Jasmine,and Jasper... (okay okay, maybe harsh, but wtf?)

Sounds like hollywood might be knocking at their door for film rights... 'My ruined life as the result of a traumatic experience with Santa Clause in a shopping center'

Definitely 1st world issues of extreme importance... better get the elves working on this right away. Or tweet Trump...
    LostInTranslationkiki180703
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 697
    edited December 2016
    And astonishingly - 1961 comments currently.  The Daily Mail comments section is a terrible, terrible place. (Dave Gorman always makes good use of it though in his tv programme and shows!)

They could reuse that first picture for when Little Joshua 'accidentally' spends £500 on in-app purchases for a freemium iPad game.
    Jackad7
  • eanaireanair IrelandMember Posts: 86
    mr_benn said:

They could reuse that first picture for when Little Joshua 'accidentally' spends £500 on in-app purchases for a freemium iPad game.
    "Now Joshua. Just frown a little bit more.........a little bit more.........okay imagine you're looking into the sun and have to squint because it's so bright.......perfect"

Poor little fella though.  I feel sorry for him that his mother brought this to the paper.  I do however admire his choice of gift - no harm in aiming high.
    catwranglerJackad7
  • DeMontesDeMontes UKMember Posts: 251
    what I really don't understand is the photo where they are all sitting next to a tree that has a PILE OF PRESENTS....errrr Santa hasn't been yet so I think the cat may well be out of the bag with regards to Santa and his responsibility to provide a death star...sigh...
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 13,896
    Parents and family / friends buy presents that are around the tree then Santa delivers a few more on Xmas eve.
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,458
    When a press photographer ever asks for a staged photo - and especially if he asks you to put on a disappointed face - run! Nothing good can come of it!
    catwranglerIan_S
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 697
    Look on the bright side, I'm sure it's Death Stars all round after the DM ran the article!
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,069
    Words cannot describe the level of stupidity at work here...
  • obi_gobi_g BlightyMember Posts: 311
    maybe she can use the money she got paid for the story to reduce the price a little for her darling little child...
  • obi_gobi_g BlightyMember Posts: 311
    mr_benn said:
    Look on the bright side, I'm sure it's Death Stars all round after the DM ran the article!
    just sour grapes since lego ended their sales boosting polybag giveaway. i can see the headlines now: "ban the evil Danish building bricks. they're putting home grown construction toys out of business. brexitbrexitbrexit". i hate the Daily Fail almost as much as i hate The Sun...
  • BrickCreatorBrickCreator Cheesehead, Born and BredMember Posts: 133
    obi_g said:
    i hate the Daily Fail almost as much as i hate The Sun...
    The Daily Fail... Well you hit that on the head! :)
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 1,411
    When a press photographer ever asks for a staged photo - and especially if he asks you to put on a disappointed face - run! Nothing good can come of it!
    photographers take their own pictures? I thought they run a google search and pick the first one which shows up.
    starwars4ever
  • OmniusOmnius Member Posts: 27
    mr_benn said:
    And astonishingly - 1961 comments currently.  The Daily Mail comments section is a terrible, terrible place. (Dave Gorman always makes good use of it though in his tv programme and shows!)

In what I like to call... a Found Poem.

*cue string quartet*
    mr_bennkhmellymel
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,238
    DeMontes said:
    what I really don't understand is the photo where they are all sitting next to a tree that has a PILE OF PRESENTS....errrr Santa hasn't been yet so I think the cat may well be out of the bag with regards to Santa and his responsibility to provide a death star...sigh...
    Why don't kids ever wonder why the parents are skint in January if they think Santa provides all the presents gratis, based on how good they've been?

For all those proper little arsehole kids that are naughty all the time, do they ever wonder how bad they'd have to be to get nowt, when they get a sackload of presents for not being good? :D
  • OrmskirkBricksOrmskirkBricks England, UKMember Posts: 154
    Sounds like a blatant "can I have a free DS please Lego?" story. I suspect someone, somewhere just out of marketing school will decide giving them a £400 set is good publicity...
    iso3200
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,282
    obi_g said:
    mr_benn said:
    just sour grapes since lego ended their sales boosting polybag giveaway. i can see the headlines now: "ban the evil Danish building bricks. they're putting home grown construction toys out of business. brexitbrexitbrexit". i hate the Daily Fail almost as much as i hate The Sun...
    I despise the mail too - I remember having to listen to so much bollocks being spouted by my wife's grandmother who read it every day and believed their nonsense. Saying that I also get the same experience having to listen to dis-similar bollocks being spouted by Guardian reading idiots in the university staff common room. I'm not sure what's happened to the press but I think it might be genuinely impossible to find a decent UK newspaper now that just presents factual news without political spin/bias neither provoking hate nor ignoring significant issues because they don't match some agenda. 

SprinkleOtter
    obi_g said:
    mr_benn said:
    I despise the mail too - I remember having to listen to so much bollocks being spouted by my wife's grandmother who read it every day and believed their nonsense. Saying that I also get the same experience having to listen to dis-similar bollocks being spouted by Guardian reading idiots in the university staff common room. I'm not sure what's happened to the press but I think it might be genuinely impossible to find a decent UK newspaper now that just presents factual news without political spin/bias neither provoking hate nor ignoring significant issues because they don't match some agenda.
    You can extend that to all media, not just newspapers.

• SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,069
    Wait, what's a newspaper?
    gmonkey76Johnyk668
    Wait, what's a newspaper?
    It's yesterday's internet, printed.
    gmonkey76monkeyhangerOrmskirkBricksSprinkleOtteroldtodd33catwranglerDoctorMcGannJohnyk668

For all those proper little arsehole kids that are naughty all the time, do they ever wonder how bad they'd have to be to get nowt, when they get a sackload of presents for not being good? :D

Ahh, but they'd probably be getting a sackload of MegaBloks or Best Lock which will ruin their life forever.
  • AndyPolAndyPol UKMember Posts: 294
    I play Santa every year for my daughters school and I just gloss over requests like this and tell the children that I'm sure whatever they open on Christmas morning, they will be pleased. Most children smile excitedly, the parents look relieved, and everybody is happy.

This is a no news story of someone trying to get something for nothing IMO, obviously Building Company Directors are on the breadline these days....Surely she could write it off as an expense? LOL

On the subject of requests to Santa, every year about 30-40% of the children ask me for LEGO of some sort or another, and they are so surprised that Santa can talk to them in detail about it, although I have never been asked for a Death Star!
    SprinkleOttercatwrangler
  • mustang69mustang69 ColoradoMember Posts: 137
    Sounds to me like she is trying to cause trouble to get a free gift. I'm sure the Santa didnt promise anything and she is just trying to gain sympathy to get people to buy the toy for her son.
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 671
    Money-grabbing stupidity personified.
    SprinkleOtter
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,282
    Indeed a construction set would definately be a valid expense for a building company. :)