You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Would you trust TripleClicks to buy LEGO from?

seandiazseandiaz New ZealandMember Posts: 3
Hello all, 
I've been looking around the web recently and found this site called TripleClicks. I've not bought anything yet but it looks legit. I saw some LEGO on it and some things that are quite a good price, that I think I might get.  Would you trust buying 'LEGO'  from a site like that with all the counterfeit stuff going around?

Here's the link to the search for you guys to have a look at,  I'd love your opinion on it you'd buy from here ; https://www.tripleclicks.com/17400364/tcsearch/search:Lego+/pg:1/

Thanks, 
Sean 

Comments

• SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,069
    edited December 2016
    Really? Everything looks insanely expensive to me... $24 for an open Mixel?
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,626
    If they offer free shipping to New Zealand, it would not be such a bad deal, but yeah, that's 3 times US MSRP.
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,069
    ecmo47 said:
    If they offer free shipping to New Zealand, it would not be such a bad deal, but yeah, that's 3 times US MSRP.
    Try 6 times... And that's for a sealed.
  • seandiazseandiaz New ZealandMember Posts: 3
    Really? Everything looks insanely expensive to me... $24 for an open Mixel?
    @SprinkleOtter @ecmo47 Normally I agree, but because I'm a member with SFI (http://www.sfi4.com/17400364/FREE
    I get quite a high discount, so in the end it's cheaper because I'm in New Zealand. Would you guys trust TripleClicks for purchases? 
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 840
    No, No , No and No.....did I say No

seandiazBumblepants
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,458
    seandiaz said:
    Hello all, 
    I've been looking around the web recently and found this site called TripleClicks. I've not bought anything yet but it looks legit. I saw some LEGO on it and some things that are quite a good price, that I think I might get.  Would you trust buying 'LEGO'  from a site like that with all the counterfeit stuff going around?

Here's the link to the search for you guys to have a look at,  I'd love your opinion on it you'd buy from here ; https://www.tripleclicks.com/17400364/tcsearch/search:Lego+/pg:1/

Thanks, 
    Sean 
    The original post seems more suspicious than the site.

Presumably you already trust these sites to some extent if the "17400364" in both of the URLs you've posted are your own referral code?
    BumblepantsseandiazCCCJackad7
  • seandiazseandiaz New ZealandMember Posts: 3
    edited December 2016
    @paul_merton Thanks for bringing it up!  I trust SFI,  and have some level of trust on TripleClicks. But TripleClicks is like Ebay. With individual sellers,  and I don't know whether 'LEGO'  on TripleClicks translates to genuine LEGO if you know what I mean. So I'm just asking around if the community thinks it's trustworthy for LEGO buying, not about the legitimately of the sites. 

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 13,896
    Nobody knows. Buy it and try it.

If it is like eBay with individual sellers then it is a pointless question, as eBay is a trustworthy place is you buy from trustworthy sellers and it's not a trustworthy place if you buy from untrustworthy sellers.
    paul_merton
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,262
    I'd assumed it was in NZ, but according to the street address it's based in the USA, so it's weird that the prices are so high relative to typical US prices. 

If you're worried about counterfeits, best thing you can do is what you're doing - ask around, see who's had experience with them, and Google the site name plus terms that would help you find any posts people have made about problems with fakes.