You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Lego Train Accessories

GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Salem, MA, USAMember Posts: 243
Been out of my dark ages for about two years now and we've mostly stuck to OT Star Wars, modulars and City Lego, but the purchase of the Winter Train for my four year old was a big mistake. It's triggered something deep inside my brain. Memories of blue track back in the late 70's and early 80's. Masses of 2x8 plates acting as sleepers. Battery packs to power the motors. Happy days.

So now we're collecting trains too with the purchase of the High Speed Train and shortly the Cargo Train, but I'm surprised at the lack of variety in the track accessories available. No buffers? No turntables? No signals? No viaducts and inclines to make a figure eight?Have I just started collecting after these were retired? There doesn't even seem to be a station or level crossing currently available. Is the train market too niche to offer a wide variety compared to the obviously popular selling annual rotation of police and fire stations?

I know there's a bunch of Lego train enthusiasts out there who can enlighten me!

Comments