Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Rebuilding classic sets in modern colors

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anybody had experience rebuilding classic sets in the new (well, compared to the 90s) color browns and grays? I've been working on a western diorama MOC incorporating the Lone Ranger sets, but I also have the classic Cowboys sets from the 90s, like Fort Legoredo, that I want to include but the slight color difference (*twitch*) annoys me. I was wondering whether I could rebuild the set all with new brown log pieces and new gray BURP pieces etc. Has anybody done that before? I think it should be possible, right? I'm also doing an Indiana Jones diorama and want to include old Adventurers sets. Any experience or thoughts would be appreciated!

Comments