You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Misprint?

PoolDeadPoolDead SomewhereMember Posts: 4
Hey guys, this is my first post!
I got the Tanker Truck Takedown set for xmas, and boy do I love it!

I'm wondering if Spidey's eyes are misprinted, they don't seem to have the small silver details on them.
Thanks guys and happy 2017

Comments

• scoiltreasascoiltreasa Ireland Member Posts: 1,098
    Here's how it  should  look. So I  would say yes misprint.

• PoolDeadPoolDead SomewhereMember Posts: 4
    Here's how it  should  look. So I  would say yes misprint.

Yeah that's what I figured, Spidey's eyes were one of the main reasons I wanted the set haha!
    Still an awesome minifigure and a killer set though
  • scoiltreasascoiltreasa Ireland Member Posts: 1,098
    Give lego customer  service  a call and they'll send you  out a replacement 
    LEGO_Dad77madforLEGOkiki180703
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 690
    Should I buy that set now or wait for Homecoming because the figure will be the exact same since it's the same suit right? 
  • obi_gobi_g BlightyMember Posts: 309
    CM4S said:
    Should I buy that set now or wait for Homecoming because the figure will be the exact same since it's the same suit right? 
    they'll be different wont they? i'm sure sony wont miss the opportunity to show 2 or 3 new / different suits in the film...
    andheLEGO_Dad77kiki180703
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,124
    edited January 5
    CM4S said:
    The Spider-Man Minifigure included with #76067 - Tanker Truck Takedown contains the suit based on the suit they used during filming, not the final suit from the movie. The notable difference is the logo.

Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017) will have the same suit used in Captain America: Civil War (2016) which was not made as a Minifigure. I'm not sure if LEGO would consider the difference given it's a very minor detail or a different variation of the eyes would be awesome. Additionally the new movie will feature underarm webbing so that may also be included although I'm not sure it would work with LEGO Minifigures. 
  • PoolDeadPoolDead SomewhereMember Posts: 4
    CM4S said:
    I would say go ahead and get it now. Chances are LEGO might re-do the torso design, although they didn't update Captain America so who knows...

Aldo, I heard this set is now pretty rare to get since it is (Was?) a short lived TRU exclusive