You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Nearly 1000 labels to organize your growing LEGO Collection...

henrysunsethenrysunset Member Posts: 184
For the past three years, I've created a huge collection of labels to help organize your LEGO bricks, and it now has nearly 1000 labels! 

I just updated the LEGO Brick Labels collection to include 55 new bricks including Minifigures, Accessories, Animals, Plants, and more...

Download the latest version and learn more at http://brickarchitect.com/labels/

--- Tom Alphin

What Are 'LEGO Brick Labels'?
Organize your LEGO collection using beautiful labels you can print at home. With almost 1000 different labels, this is the most complete label collection designed exclusively for LEGO bricks.  LEGO Brick Labels were designed by Tom Alphin, Author of the bestselling book The LEGO Architect.
catwranglerstluxthedingman5pharmjodPitfall69tmgm528MynattthebeermonkeyClutchPowerkiki180703JooTogdavetheoxygenmanasrfarinhaecmo47chuckpDedgecko

Comments

• catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,256
    This is awesome! Thanks for all the work you do keeping it updated. :)
  • henrysunsethenrysunset Member Posts: 184
    Thanks @catwrangler, I'm glad that they helped you organize your collection...  If you are able, please share photos of your workspace so others can see how you used the LEGO Brick Labels in your home!

I will probably need to do another update fairly soon since I just saw that there was a major update to the LDraw parts collection earlier today.  (I use LDraw to generate the high-contrast images for each label.)
    catwranglerstluxkiki180703davetheoxygenman
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,256
    They're not up yet as the collection is sadly not in any kind of unified shape re: containers (or fully sorted yet! :O ) but they've influenced the "how" hugely. :) When it's in pic-worthy shape you bet I'll post some photos!
  • MrKettleMrKettle WindsorMember Posts: 38
    This seems like a really great idea and I hope to try this out at some point. 
  • tmgm528tmgm528 Member Posts: 253
    I will most certainly be using these, if I can ever get things in order that is :P
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 Washington, USAMember Posts: 223
    I figured my question may be better suited here than starting a new thread. Does anyone know of a source of color labels? I've been Googling and searching for a database of Lego colors as I get confused between between some of the similarly named colors (I'm still coming out of my Dark Ages, so bare with me!). 

As I try to sort, I could see Lego Color Labels also being of assistance to me.
  • henrysunsethenrysunset Member Posts: 184
    @Switchfoot55 , Per my research (at http://brickarchitect.com/color/ ) , there are currently 39 LEGO colors, plus the transparent, metallic, glow and special colors.  

Are you just looking for a set of around 40 labels - with one label for each of these colors?  Or, are you actually looking for a label for every different color of every brick?

edited January 6
    Just one label for each of those colors (they could be used in conjunction with the other labels you've created). 

Otherwise we'd be talking like 8000 labels! I'm not that OCD
    ^This makes my brain happy
    AllBrickstlux
  • gottwikgottwik amsterdamMember Posts: 1
    @Switchfoot55 Just adding options: Check out bricklabels.com, you can generate your color labels there.

Life2Short4Lego
    Thanks for the option @gottwik