Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Compatibility with Primo?

I know LEGO System parts can connect to DUPLO, and I know Primo tubes fit around 2x2 DUPLO bricks, but is there any way for at least one LEGO system part to connect to a Primo part?

Comments

• CCCCCC UKPosts: 14,107
    It depends what you mean by connect. You can get various round 4x4 lego parts stuck inside a primo underside tube. You can also get a minifigure head inside the tube on a quatro brick and never get it out again ... :-)

The good thing about duplo with lego is that you can  hide the top of the duplo bricks by covering them with lego. So you can use duplo for bulking out and hide it. I don't think you can do the same with primo though, so you end up seeing the primo.
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesPosts: 2,151
    You can connect 2x2, 2x4, or bigger bricks to the top of this brick the same as you could to any Duplo brick, but that's the only intentional connection style I know of. Of course, there are also bound to be unintentional ways of connecting Primo to more grown-up parts, like finding a tire that happens to be the right size to squeeze into the hole underneath, but I couldn't identify any specific ways without experimenting with ideas for myself.